Inorganic Color Pigments Market
Inorganic Color Pigments Market (Product Type: Cobalt Pigments, Ultramarine Pigments, Bismuth Pigments, Iron & Iron Oxide Pigments, Cadmium Pigments, Chromium Pigments, and Others; Form: Aqueous and Powder; and Application: Paints & Coatings, Printing Inks, Polymers, Construction Materials, Cosmetics, Textile Printing, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Delayed Shipments from China Affect Business in U.S. Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is subsiding in countries of Europe and certain states of the U.S., manufacturers are reopening their plants to resume business activities. For instance, Shepherd Color— a fourth-generation company dedicated to being a world-class producer of complex inorganic color pigments, is implementing work from home plans and is extending social distancing policies, while maintaining optimum production efficiencies during the pandemic. Companies in the inorganic color pigments market are following specifications stated as per federal and local authorities to reinforce safety precautions that involve guidelines about how to wear face coverings and hand-washing techniques.
Companies are performing daily health screenings and only essential employees are reporting to their positions. As such, delayed shipments and deliveries from China are affecting the business in U.S. and European countries. Since COVID-19 cases are increasing in certain states of the U.S., certain companies are limiting their production activities to contain the spread of the virus.
These factors are likely to drive the inorganic color pigments market during the forecast period.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Surface Treatments Help in Production of Aesthetically-pleasing and Improved Products
Surface treated pigments are being used to improve the quality of colorants, as most inorganic color pigments have a hydrophilic surface that leads to issues such as poor wettability and dispersibility. Hence, manufacturers in the inorganic color pigments market are conducting surface treatments to efficiently alter the chemical and physical properties of pigments. This helps food, construction materials, and other industrial manufacturers to achieve the desired functional and aesthetic appeal. As such, surface treatments are being extensively used to make material surfaces hydrophilic, hydrophobic, or lipophilic in the inorganic color pigments market.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Advantageous benefits of surface treated inorganic color pigments bode well with end users, owing to its pros such as reduced absorption of dispersant and low oil absorption. As such, leading market players have an edge over emerging players in the field of surface treated inorganic color pigments.
Manufacturers in Asia Pacific Intensify Exports for U.S. and European Clients
Companies in the inorganic color pigments market are tapping into incremental opportunities in food products, pet food, and pharmaceutical products to broaden their revenue streams. As such, the market is predicted to surpass the US$ 10.1 Bn mark by 2030. Manufacturers in Asia Pacific are developing high quality and regulated inorganic color pigments that abide by the U.S. and E.C. (European Commission) specifications. In this way, manufacturers in Asia Pacific are increasing their sales through exports for the U.S. and Europe clients.
High purity and high dispersability of inorganic color pigments is highly preferred by food companies. On the other hand, companies in the inorganic color pigments market are increasing their production capabilities to manufacture colorants used in coated and compressed tablets. Soft and hard gelatin tablets are another key application for inorganic color pigments. Companies are increasing their focus in nutraceuticals and nail enamel products to capitalize on incremental opportunities.
Innovative Colorants for Cosmetics under Strict Regulatory Scrutiny in India
Both organic and inorganic color pigments are extremely important for cosmetic manufacturers. As such, Asia Pacific is anticipated to take the lead among all regions in terms of production during the assessment period. This is evident, since an India-based cosmetics company Koel Colours has gained proficiency in the production of sustainable inorganic colorants for food products, pet food, and pharmaceutical products. This can be attributed to regulatory adherence and safety in inorganic color pigments being potentially challenging for companies. The Drugs and Cosmetics (D&C) Act 1940, along with Rules 1945, is applicable for manufacturing of cosmetic products in the India inorganic color pigments market.
Since the competitive landscape is intense in the inorganic color pigments market, manufacturers are increasing their R&D activities to innovate and find colorants that set new trends in the cosmetics industry.
Consumer and Market Analysis Helps Improve Sales Potentials in Pharmaceutical Products
Customized product development is the key to sustain among the stiff competition in the cosmetics industry. Stable and long-lasting colors are highly preferred in inorganic color pigments used in the production of cosmetics. The ever-evolving cosmetics industry has made product development extremely time-consuming and cost intensive. Hence, companies in the inorganic color pigments market are focusing on customized product development to meet demanding applications of cosmetic manufacturers.
Companies in the inorganic color pigments market are swiftly adapting new production practices to sustain the competition in the cosmetics industry. This trend is very prominent in the personal care products and pharmaceuticals sector. Manufacturers are increasing efforts to conduct a thorough analysis of consumer needs in order innovate in inorganic color pigments. They are closely working with cosmetic brands in order to achieve enormous sales potential.
Enhancements in Additives Create Safety-complaint Cosmetic Colors
Cosmetic brands are heavily investing in research and lab advancements to bust the myths surrounding heavy metals in cosmetic products. Hence, manufacturers in the inorganic color pigments market are adhering to safety standards in order to emphasize on the control of the presence of heavy metals in cosmetic colors and pigments. In order to enhance the production of cosmetic products, manufacturers are using color additives that compliment inorganic color pigments. These additives require further enhancements such as UV (Ultra Violet) protection, water resistance, and sheen to improve the aesthetic appeal of cosmetic products.
Manufacturers in the inorganic color pigments market are bolstering their credibility by carrying out reliable monitoring and quality assurance procedures that help increase the availability of safety-complaint cosmetic colors. In order to expand business in Europe, manufacturers are following the Color Index (CI) standard for directing the right colorants in products.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Inorganic Color Pigments Market, ask for a customized report
The Chinese production is ramping up but delayed shipments due the COVID-19 crisis is causing significant interruptions in the production schedules of the U.S. and European end-use companies. Manufacturers in the inorganic color pigments market are increasing their R&D capabilities to expand their product portfolio in cosmetic colors in order to sustain the stiff competition given by emerging market players. However, the myth associated with cosmetic and personal care products has significantly affected the uptake of products. Hence, companies should introduce metal concentration within safety limits to increase the uptake of products and reduce side effects in consumers.
Inorganic Color Pigments Market: Overview
- Inorganic color pigments are produced from mixed metal oxides through the high temperature calcination process. Inorganic color pigments are not affected by strong acids/base and oxidizing agents. These pigments can withstand adverse climatic conditions and different temperatures.
- Inorganic pigments are the most stable class of pigments. Inorganic color pigments are heat and chemical resistant. These pigments include chrome, cadmium, and iron & iron oxides.
- Inorganic color pigments are used in various industries, including powder coatings, architectural coatings, coil coatings, and industrial coatings. Inorganic color pigments are widely used for coloring of buildings, plastics, construction, etc. They are also used as colorants for engineering plastics in the automotive industry.
- Inorganic color pigments provide brilliant color effects, along with heat and light fastness, and durability to plastics. This is anticipated to boost the sales of inorganic color pigments for manufacturing of polymers in the near future. Expansion of the packaging industry in developed countries is estimated to boost the demand for printing inks during the forecast period. This, in turn, is projected to drive the demand for inorganic color pigments during the forecast period.
- Demand for construction materials has been increasing across the globe, owing to continuous rise in demand for housing triggered by growth in population. Inorganic color pigments are used as colorants in various construction materials. This is boosting the demand for inorganic color pigments in the construction materials sector.
- Growth of the automotive industry is estimated to propel the automotive paints & coatings sector in the next few years. This, in turn, is projected to augment the demand for inorganic color pigments during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for intense and unique color tones in various consumer products is driving the global inorganic color pigments market
Increase in Consumption of Paints & Coatings to Drive Inorganic Color Pigments Market
- The global inorganic color pigments market has been segmented based on product type, form, and application. In terms of product type, the market has been segmented into cobalt pigments, ultramarine pigments, bismuth pigments, iron & iron oxide pigments, cadmium pigments, chromium pigments, and others. In terms of value, the iron & iron oxide segments held major share of the inorganic color pigments market in 2019.
- Based on application, the inorganic color pigments market has been segregated into paints & coatings, printing inks, polymers, construction materials, cosmetics, textile printing, and others. In terms of value and volume, the paints & coatings segment constituted significant share of the inorganic color pigments market in 2019.
- Based on form, the inorganic color pigments market has been bifurcated into powder and aqueous. In terms of value and volume, the powder segment accounted for significant share of the inorganic color pigments market in 2019.
- Asia Pacific held a higher share of the inorganic color pigments market than other regions in 2019. This trend is estimated to continue during the forecast period. It is projected to create lucrative opportunities for the inorganic color pigments market in the region in the near future. Increase in consumption of color pigments in various end-use industries, including construction materials, polymers, and paints & coatings is fueling the demand for inorganic color pigments in Asia Pacific.
- China accounted for key share of the market in Asia Pacific in 2019. Demand for inorganic color pigments in India is projected to increase exponentially during the forecast period.
- Increase in awareness about the harmful effects of inorganic color pigments is anticipated to hamper the inorganic color pigments market in Europe in the near future
Inorganic Color Pigments Market: Competition Landscape
- The global inorganic color pigments market was dominated by major manufacturers of these pigments in 2019. Key players operating in the global inorganic color pigments market
- BASF SE
- DCL Corporation
- TATA PIGMENTS LIMITED
- FERRO CORPORATION
- Sun Chemical Limited
- Heubach GmbH
- Cabot Corporatio
- Carl Schlenk AG
- CBC Co., Ltd.
- Dayglo Color Corporation
- DyStar Singapore Pte Ltd
- Ami Chemical Corporation
- The Shepherd Color Company
- CATHAY INDUSTRIES.
Inorganic Color Pigments Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the global inorganic color pigments market provides readers with an assessment of the landscape of the market with the help of a comprehensive outlook. This study on the global inorganic color pigments market analyzes the market for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year. The report enables readers to make important decisions regarding their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the global inorganic color pigments market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides understanding of drivers, restrains, opportunities, and market trends.
This study also discusses underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the global inorganic color pigments market, along with their influence on growth of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis and value chain analysis of the global inorganic color pigments market in order to elaborate on crucial growth strategies of players operating in the regional market.
Key Questions Answered in Inorganic Color Pigments Market Report
- How much revenue is the global inorganic color pigments market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the global inorganic color pigments market?
- What are the factors anticipated to drive the global inorganic color pigments market during the forecast period?
- Which region is likely to be a highly lucrative for global inorganic color pigments market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders of the global inorganic color pigments market in North America and Europe to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the global inorganic color pigments market?
This report answers these questions about the global inorganic color pigments market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
Inorganic Color Pigments Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global inorganic color pigments market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global inorganic color pigments market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the global inorganic color pigments market arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the global inorganic color pigments market by using both bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global inorganic color pigments market, along with an overview of the market, is provided on the basis of a careful examination of growth opportunities. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global inorganic color pigments market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Inorganic Color Pigments Market – Segmentation
This report on the global inorganic color pigments market segments the market based on product type, form, application, and region.