In Vitro Toxicology Testing Market: Introduction
- Toxicology or toxicity, also known as ‘the science of poisons,’ is a method of testing the opposing effects of any drug, chemical or other agent administered in the body. It, thus, analyses the adverse effects of various toxins on all living organisms.
- In vitro toxicology testing does not make use of whole animals or whole organisms. It rather uses tissue slices, isolated organs, cell lines isolated primary cell cultures, explants cultures, and subcellular fractions such that of mitochondria and membranes.
- In vitro toxicology testing also helps in determining the drug safety profile at an early stage, thus saving a considerable amount of time and resource investment
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global In Vitro Toxicology Testing Market
- Scientific concerns over animal experiments have been raised in the field of toxicology testing. It entails problems such as difference between various test animals and resultant effects of toxicants, characterization of actions of these toxins on different animals, and categorization of test animals on the basis of their biology and effects of toxins.
- Animal testing has been in effect since long; however, the implementation of in vitro toxicology testing is an alternative to animal testing. It is effective and harmless as compared to animal testing.
- In vitro toxicology is cost effective and growing ethical concerns worldwide are expected to drive the in vitro toxicology market during the forecast period. Pharmaceutical companies are, thus, increasingly shifting their focus from animal testing to in vitro toxicology testing.
- Advantages of in vitro toxicology testing over traditional methods of animal testing in terms of quick turnaround time and better sample control will also help the global market to grow at a rapid rate
- Opposition to animal testing will have a major impact on the in vitro toxicology testing market, as animal testing will be reduced to a large extent
Cellular Assay Technology Segment to Lead Global In Vitro Toxicology Testing Market
- In terms of technology, the global in vitro toxicology testing market can be divided into cellular assay, biochemical assay, in silica, and ex-vivo
- In the present scenario, cellular assay methods are widely used by industries in safety assessment, risk evaluation, and toxicity testing. The cellular assay method is mainly used to elucidate mechanisms of toxicity in a drug and its effect on a cell or a tissue.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Pharmaceutical Industry Segment to Offer Growth Opportunities
- Based on end-user, the global in vitro toxicology testing market can be categorized into cosmetics & household products, pharmaceutical industry, food industry, and chemicals industry
- Pharmaceutical industry is estimated to be a highly lucrative segment. Pharmaceuticals play a major role in in vitro toxicology testing, as the test is to identify the toxicity of various chemical drugs and their effects on the human body. Chemicals are used in various products, which has a direct or indirect effect on the human body .Thus, in vitro toxicology can be useful in finding the toxic nature of such chemicals and their effects on the human body.
North America to Lead Global In Vitro Toxicology Testing Market
- The global in vitro toxicology testing market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a significant market for in vitro toxicology testing due to the presence of several key market players.
- Substantial investments in research and development by various end-user segments in the region are anticipated to drive the global in vitro toxicology testing market in North America
Key Players Operating in Global In Vitro Toxicology Testing Market
Key players operating in the global in vitro toxicology testing market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Charles River Laboratories, Inc.
- Covance, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Global In Vitro Toxicology Testing Market: Research Scope
Global In Vitro Toxicology Testing Market, by Technology
- Cellular Assay
- Biochemical Assay
- In Silica
Global In Vitro Toxicology Testing Market, by Application
- Gene Toxicity
- Ophthalmic Toxicity
Global In Vitro Toxicology Testing Market, by End-user
- Cosmetics & Household Products
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Food Industry
- Chemicals Industry
Global In Vitro Toxicology Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.