Implantable Pulse Generator Market: Introduction
- Implantable pulse generator (IPG) is a medical device, which consists of a battery, circuitry, can, antenna, reed switch, and connectors
- Once the device is implanted in the body, it electrically stimulates the nervous system so that different nerve impulses in the body are either blocked or stimulated. This technology is a promising treatment for several medical conditions such as hypertension, back pain, diabetes, and obesity.
- Implantable pulse generator can also be used in cases where medicines are either showing some side effects or are completely ineffective
Global Implantable Pulse Generator Market: Key Drivers and Restraint
- Increase in incidence of various chronic disorders such as neurological and cardiovascular disorders is projected to drive the global implantable pulse generator market
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), globally, cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the leading causes of death, with an estimated 17.9 billion people across the globe suffering from CVDs
- Unhealthy diet, physical inactivity, tobacco use, and alcohol consumption are the major behavioral risk factors of heart disease and stroke. These cause high blood pressure, high blood glucose, high blood lipids, and overweight and obesity.
- Therefore, rise in prevalence of diseases and surge in demand for innovative alternate therapies propel the demand for implantable pulse generators
- Ease of use, better clinical performance, favorable reimbursement, high patient awareness & referrals, and improved technology enabling market leadership are the major factors fueling the penetration of implantable pulse generators
- However, rise in need of replacement surgeries of these implantable medical devices, whether to replace the batteries or whole device after a certain period, is a major factor anticipated to hamper the growth of the global implantable pulse generator market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Implantable Pulse Generator Market
- The global implantable pulse generator market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to dominate the global implantable pulse generator market, due to the presence of key players, increase in the geriatric population with cardiac problems, and surge in incidence of chronic disorders such as hypertension and diabetes
- According to data published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than half a million deaths were caused due to hypertension in the U.S. in 2019
- Presently, about 116 million adults suffer from hypertension, and around one in four adults with hypertension have their condition under control. Around 37 million of adults with uncontrolled hypertension in the U.S.
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a rapid pace due to increase in number of manufacturers launching new and innovative IPG devices
Major players operating in the global implantable pulse generator market are:
- Medtronic, Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Dextronix, Inc.
- St. Jude Medical, Inc.
- Synapse Biomedical, Inc.
- Nevro Corporation
- Neurosigma, Inc.
- Neuropace, Inc.
- Cyberonics, Inc.
- BioControl Medical
- Other players
Global Implantable Pulse Generator Market: Research Scope
Global Implantable Pulse Generator Market, by Product Type
- Implantable Cardiac Pacemakers
- Implantable Defibrillators
- Cochlear Implants
- Implantable Nerve Stimulators (FES)
- Implantable Infusion Pumps
- Implantable Active Monitoring Devices
Global Implantable Pulse Generator Market, by Application
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Neurovascular Diseases
Global Implantable Pulse Generator Market, by End-user
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Outpatient Centers
- Homecare Settings
Global Implantable Pulse Generator Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.