Implantable Loop Recorders Market
Implantable Loop Recorders Market (Product: Manual and Automatic; Indication: Cardiovascular Syncope, Stroke, Heart Failure, Cardiac Arrhythmias, Atrial Fibrillation, Bundle Branch Block, and Others; and End User: Hospitals, Cardiac Centers & Clinics, and Ambulatory Surgical Centers) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Rise in Deaths from Cardiovascular Diseases to Drive Demand for Implantable Loop Recorders
According to the National Institute of Health, heart-related diseases are a leading cause of deaths in the U.S. Heart-related diseases continue to be a global burden and as per the estimates of the Science Daily, deaths caused by cardiovascular diseases grew by around 41% between 1990 and 2013, which, in turn, increased the demand for prolonged electrocardiographic (ECG) monitoring devices and self-care management. After significant research, the first line of implantable loop recorders was introduced in 1990. Since then, technological advancements have played a key role in nurturing the growth of the implantable loop recorders market. Advancements in technology include integration of more accurate algorithms, miniaturization of implantable loop recorders, and remote monitoring.
Over the past three decades, the adoption of implantable loop recorders has grown at a consistent rate, owing to its exceptional ability to detect irregular heart rhythms and disorders. More recently, implantable loop recorders are increasingly being used to treat cardiac arrhythmia indications - a leading factor that is expected to increase the demand for implantable loop recorders in the near future. Furthermore, the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) expects the adoption of implantable loop recorders for continuous heart rhythm monitoring, with use of implantable loop recorders expected to grow particularly in clinical practice. Following these factors, the global implantable loop recorders market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 1 Bn in 2020. North America and Europe are expected to be the most prominent regions in the global market.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Implantable Loop Recorders Market
Implantable Loop Recorders Replacing External Monitoring Devices
Sub-clinical atrial fibrillation is primarily the process of detecting atrial fibrillation in asymptomatic patients without any diagnosis. Significant progress in ambulatory ECG monitoring has provided immense clarity over links between cryptogenic stroke and atrial fibrillation. The advent of implantable loop recorders has played a crucial role in improving long-term ECG monitoring and the detection of atrial fibrillation post a cryptogenic stroke. Moreover, insertable cardiac monitors have also emerged as an ideal solution for patients experiencing unexplained syncope. At present, albeit the links between atrial fibrillation detection among patients who have suffered from a cryptogenic stroke, cardiology society guidelines are vague and uncertain.
Due to significant research, at present, within the implantable loop recorders market, there is a range of modalities available for ECG monitoring and their applicability in the detection of sub-clinical atrial fibrillation in patients with cryptogenic stroke. Implantable loop recorders are gaining significant popularity over external devices such as mobile cardiac telemetry monitors, Holter, etc.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Cardiovascular syncope, heart failure, stroke, and atrial fibrillation are some of the most common indications for which the adoption of implantable loop recorders is projected to grow. Cardiovascular syncope and cardiac arrhythmias indication segments are expected to account for a combined share of ~53% of the implantable loop recorders market in 2020 and projected to maintain a similar trend during the forecast period (2019-2027). Clinical utility of implantable loop recorders is on the rise, as healthcare expenditure is increasing due to the ascending number of deaths following heart-related problems.
Stakeholders Leverage Advanced Technologies to Launch ‘Smart’ Implantable Loop Recorders
Technological advancements are expected to play a major role in the adoption of new-age implantable loop recorders. Stakeholders operating in the current implantable loop recorders market landscape are expected to launch better and ‘smarter’ implantable loop recorders over during the forecast period to expand their footprint in the market. Manufacturers in the implantable loop recorders market are launching new products that can be connected to smartphone applications via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
For instance, in May 2019, Abbot announced the launch of a newly developed implantable monitor to detect irregular heartbeat patterns, which is expected to significantly reduce the rate of faulty detection by as much as 97%. The newly developed product offers a high degree of convenience to users, in terms of remote detection of arrhythmias without requiring added transmitter hardware. North America and Europe are likely to remain at the forefront in terms of innovation and development of new products, as these regions are highly concentrated with multiple tier 1 companies.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The global implantable loop recorders market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period. The growth of the market can be attributed to the significant rise in the number of heat-related deaths across the world, improved capabilities of newly developed products in early detection of heart conditions, and growing demand for ECG monitoring and self-care management. Companies in the current implantable loop recorders market landscape should focus on launching new products and expanding their product portfolio to meet the increasing demand for prolonged ECG monitoring. While North America and Europe are likely to lead in terms of innovations, the implantable loop recorders market in Asia Pacific region will expand at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
Implantable Loop Recorders Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the implantable loop recorders market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, rise in prevalence of cardiac disorders, aging population, technological advancements, entry of new players, and increase in access to healthcare are anticipated to drive the global implantable loop recorders market
- According to the report, the global implantable loop recorders market was valued at ~US$ 910 Mn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~7% from 2019 to 2027
Rise in Burden of Cardiovascular Diseases and Early Detection to Track Heart Condition: A Key Driver
- Implantable cardiac monitor helps monitor the heart continuously, which leads to the detection of chronic heart conditions such as stroke and heart failure. It is possible to identify and track the progression of disease by focusing on functional and structural abnormalities of the arteries and heart. Early detection through implantable cardiac monitor fuels the demand for implantable cardiac monitors (ICM) and more effective results than external cardiac monitor. This, in turn, is likely to augment the implantable loop recorders market.
- Rise in population of patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases, including stroke and heart failure, propels the implantable loop recorders market. Implantable cardiac monitor is an innovative equipment that creates alertness among patients with respect to irregular heartbeats, which could lead to potential cardiovascular conditions. According to the National Institutes of Health, heart disease is a leading cause of death in the U.S. Of the several different forms of heart diseases, coronary artery disease (CAD) is the most common and a major cause of myocardial infarction (heart attack).
Companies Focus on Geographic Expansion
- Companies in the implantable loop recorders market are increasingly turning to in-licensing and collaboration agreements to launch new products in Asia Pacific. Rise in demand for technology-driven solutions, economic growth, surge in disposable income, and increase in awareness about cardiac disorders present significant opportunities for players operating in the implantable loop recorders Surge in healthcare awareness programs is expected to boost Asia Pacific’s healthcare spending by annual average of 6.5% during the forecast period.
Long Implantation Procedure, High Cost, and Lack of Skilled Professionals to Hamper Market
- The implantable loop recorders market is technology driven. Introduction of new technologies in the market increases demand for these systems due to improved efficiency and outcomes. However, high cost of these new devices raises the affordability issue, which hampers the growth of the implantable loop recorders market, especially in the developing countries. Moreover, lack of reimbursement affects demand for implantable loop recorders.
- Implantable loop recorders have been adopted by patients and doctors in the last decade. However, standardization in training for product and accreditation guidelines to ensure surgeon competence and patience safety is still lacking. Hence, failure of implantable loop recorders has been observed during clinical practice, which results from product failure.
- Implantable cardiac monitors are inserted subcutaneously, which is convenient, owing to its small size. However, removal or explant of the device is a complicated process. These small implantable cardiac devices are difficult to locate and remove after the validity expires in a few years. The explant process requires a long time and if the process results in a wound, it takes longer to heal than the implant process. Any disruptions to this signaling pathway could result in heart rhythm problems. These could cause a number of problems, such as fainting and palpitations.
Implantable Loop Recorders Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the implantable loop recorders market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The implantable loop recorders market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a large number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the implantable loop recorders market are Abbott and Medtronic, which account for more than 70% share of the market
Implantable Loop Recorders Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global implantable loop recorders market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies of key players are likely to fuel the growth of the implantable loop recorders market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the implantable loop recorders market are:
- In 2019, Biotronik launched BioMonitor III Injectable Cardiac Monitor in Europe. It helps improve accuracy of arrhythmia detection and diagnosis.
- In June 2019, Angel Medical Systems, Inc. signed distribution agreement with Jasper Capital, Ltd. for commercialization of AngelMed Guardian System in Asia Pacific
- In April 2018, Angel Medical System received the FDA approval with premarket approval for AngelMed Guardian System, an implantable cardiac monitor for patients who have had prior ACS events, including heart attacks
The report on the implantable loop recorders market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of implantable loop recorders products. The ‘competitive landscape’ section has been included in the implantable loop recorders market report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the implantable loop recorders market.
Implantable Loop Recorders Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’S report on the global implantable loop recorders market studies past as well as current trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the implantable loop recorders market for the period from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the implantable loop recorders market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carry out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the implantable loop recorders market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approach to study various phenomena in the implantable loop recorders market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the implantable loop recorders market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the implantable loop recorders market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the implantable loop recorders market. Key players operating in the implantable loop recorders market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the implantable loop recorders market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Implantable Loop Recorders Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by each product type across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the implantable loop recorders market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- In which region is the implantable loop recorders market likely to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which indication segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2027? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What was the market shares or positions of different companies operating in the global market in 2018?
Implantable Loop Recorders Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the implantable loop recorders market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study, technological advancements in different recorders, cardiac disease prevalence & incident rates, pricing of different loop recorders and procedure costs, reimbursement scenario, and pipeline products to combat in the market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the implantable loop recorders market in terms of product, its uses in different indications, end users, and regions. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2027 has also been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the implantable loop recorders market.
Implantable Loop Recorders Market - Segmentation
TMR’s study on the implantable loop recorders market includes information divided into four sections: product, indication, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the implantable loop recorders market have been discussed in detail.
Bundle Branch Block
Cardiac Centers & Clinics
Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Middle East & Africa