Hyperthermia Cancer Treatment Market
Hyperthermia Cancer Treatment Market (Device Type: Infrared Hyperthermia Devices, Ultrasound Hyperthermia Devices, Microwave Hyperthermia Devices, and Others; Treatment Method: Locoregional Method and Whole-body; Application: Breast Cancer, Liver Cancer, Soft Tissue Sarcoma, Head & Neck Tumors, Prostate Cancer, and Others; and End User: Hospitals & Specialty Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Rise in Investments in Telemedicine for Access to Cancer Care during COVID-19
Healthcare costs seem to have increased for cancer patients amid the ongoing coronavirus situation, since these patients are at the high risk of contracting the infection, owing to low immunity levels. This has created revenue opportunities for companies in the hyperthermia cancer treatment market, as clinicians have boosted their capabilities in telemedicine and other digital platforms to increase accessibility to patient care.
Hospitals and specialty clinics are increasing their investments in developing special screening departments for the evaluation of cancer patients with potential COVID-19 symptoms. Such trends are generating business streams in order to revive growth of the hyperthermia cancer treatment market. However, many clinics have limited and even excluded the amount of visitors that are at the low risk of COVID-19.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Hyperthermia Cancer Treatment Market
Scientists Address Undesired Crystalline Phases in Glass Ceramics for Hyperthermia Techniques
Companies in the hyperthermia cancer treatment market are increasing their R&D in new treatment options for patients. This has led to the emergence of glass ceramics for hyperthermia techniques, owing to their advantages of biocompatibility, bioactivity, and osteoproductivity. However, scientists are yet to explore ways to prevent the occurrence of undesired crystalline phases in the material. Companies are partnering with researchers and scientists to prevent the magnetite oxidation to hematite, which can emerge, while undergoing the heat treatment.
The hyperthermia cancer treatment market is slated to register a favorable CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. This is evident since glass ceramics in hyperthermia techniques are capable of raising the temperature of cancerous tissues high enough to destroy it.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Deep Tissue Thermal Therapy Holds Promising Potentials in Breast Cancer Treatment
The hyperthermia cancer treatment market is predicted to reach US$ 266 Mn by the end of 2030. The deep tissue thermal therapy is gaining prominence in the cancer treatment space, especially among patients with breast cancer. The University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center (UMGCCC), U.S., is gaining recognition for its comprehensive and individualized thermal therapy works. This indicates that med-tech companies are unlocking growth opportunities in the U.S., since North America is anticipated to dictate the highest revenue share among all regions in the market. The deep tissue therapy is being combined with the proton therapy to improve medical outcomes.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Hyperthermia Cancer Treatment Market
Ultrasound Hyperthermia Devices Provide Quality Assurance for Treatment of Cancer Patients
The therapeutic application of heat is found to be effective in cancer treatment. Hence, med-tech companies in the hyperthermia cancer treatment market are increasing their production capacities in high quality heating equipment to enable precise thermal dosimetry. This has led to innovations in antennas and power delivery systems that provide adequate quality assurance for the treatment of cancer patients.
High intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU), nanoparticle heating, and scanned focused ultrasound (SFUS) techniques are broadening revenue streams for companies in the hyperthermia cancer treatment market. As such, ultrasound hyperthermia devices are predicted to dominate the second highest revenue among all device types in the market.
Strong R&D in Operating Principles of Internal Heating Techniques Improves Medical Outcomes
Combination treatments such as hyperthermia with chemotherapy via controlled localized heating can be achieved with the help of radiofrequency (RF) and microwave. Recent advancements in radiofrequency and microwave mediated hyperthermia include applicators that are most suitable for superficial hyperthermia. On the other hand, internal heating or deep hyperthermia is being combined with brachytherapy i.e. a needle-shaped antenna/electrode that can be implanted directly in the tissue or inserted via catheters.
The high variety in applicator designs for internal heating such as microwave antennas, capacitive-coupled RF catheter-based electrodes, and ultrasound systems are creating value grab opportunities for companies in the hyperthermia cancer treatment market. Med-tech companies are gaining a strong research in operating principles of internal heating techniques and other devices.
Telemedicine and mobile apps are offering wellness and stress management resources to cancer patients amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Companies in the hyperthermia cancer treatment market are benefitting with the help of the deep tissue thermal therapy, owing to its non-invasive nature that omits the need of anesthesia. However, radiation dose weighting-based on clonogenic cell survival analysis alone may not be sufficient to predict treatment efficacy. Hence, companies in the hyperthermia cancer treatment market should increase their R&D in more sophisticated biological dose concepts based on spheroid data to improve patient outcomes. Glass ceramics are a breakthrough innovation in the hyperthermia cancer treatment that hold promising potentials with advancements in biomaterial R&D.
Hyperthermia Cancer Treatment Market: Overview
- Hyperthermia is a form of therapy where heat is used to enhance effectiveness of radiation and chemotherapy, and to destroy tumors. Hyperthermia is most often used to treat tumors that are close to the surface of the body. In the hyperthermia treatment, the tumor area is heated to a temperature of 40 degree Celsius to 43 degree Celsius (104 degree Fahrenheit to 109 degree Fahrenheit) for approximately one hour.
- Recently, several clinical trials showed that hyperthermia with radiation therapy and/or chemotherapy for the treatment of recurrent breast cancer, melanoma, head & neck cancer, prostate, cervix, and other sites of locally advanced or recurrent cancers provides additional benefits with lower side effects to destroy cancer cells
- Different types of devices used for hyperthermia treatment includes infrared hyperthermia devices, ultrasound hyperthermia devices, microwave hyperthermia devices, and others
- The global hyperthermia cancer treatment market has experienced significant growth in the last decade due to rise in prevalence of various types of cancer and favorable policies
Hyperthermia Cancer Treatment Market: Drivers
- Rise in prevalence and incidence of cancers such as breast, liver, soft tissue sarcoma, head & neck tumors, prostate cancer, and others drives demand for hyperthermia cancer treatment. According to the National Cancer Institute (NIH), an estimated 1,806,590 cases are expected to be diagnosed in the U.S. in 2020, with prostate, lung, and colorectal cancer likely to account for 43% of the total cancer cases in men. More than 60% of the world’s new cancer cases occur in Africa, Asia, and Central and South America, and 70% of the total cancer deaths globally occur in these regions.
- Increase in the geriatric population directly affects the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market. The population aged 65 years and above has higher cancer incidence and mortality rate than younger people. Around 60% of cancer conditions occur among the geriatric population, 10 to 11 times higher than in the younger population.
Market Segmentation: Hyperthermia Cancer Treatment Market
- In terms of device type, the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market has been divided into infrared hyperthermia devices, ultrasound hyperthermia devices, microwave hyperthermia devices, and others. The microwave hyperthermia devices segment is projected to dominate the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market during the forecast period.
- Based on treatment method, the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market has been bifurcated into locoregional and whole-body. The locoregional segment has been split into external & interstitial, intraluminal or endocavitary methods, continuous hyperthermic peritoneal perfusion (CHPP), and deep tissue & regional perfusion.
- In terms of application, the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market has been classified into breast cancer, liver cancer, soft tissue sarcoma, head & neck tumors, prostate cancer, and others
- Based on end user, the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market has been categorized into hospitals & specialty clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. The hospitals & specialty clinics segment dominated the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market in terms of revenue in 2019.
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The report provides current and expected revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2020 to 2030, along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Hyperthermia Cancer Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- The current and expected market revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report from 2018 to 2030, with their CAGRs from 2020 to 2030
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market, which would help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market shares and in the decision-making process
Hyperthermia Cancer Treatment Market: Major Players
- The hyperthermia cancer treatment market report concludes with the company profiles section, which includes key information about major players in the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market
- Leading players analyzed in the hyperthermia cancer treatment market report include
- Pyrexar Medical
- Celsius42 GmbH
- Hydrosun GmbH
- Oncotherm Kft
- Andromedic S.r.l.
- Yamamoto Vinita Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Haifu Medical Technology Co., Ltd.
- innoMedicus Ltd.
- Each of these players has been profiled in the hyperthermia cancer treatment market report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Hyperthermia Cancer Treatment Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides revenue of the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market from 2020 to 2030.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the hyperthermia cancer treatment market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market. Key players operating in the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market are identified and each one of these is profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are the attributes of players in the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Hyperthermia Cancer Treatment Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by hyperthermia cancer treatment across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which device type segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2030? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Hyperthermia Cancer Treatment Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. The report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market in terms of device type, treatment method, application, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2030 has also been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market.
Hyperthermia Cancer Treatment Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market includes information divided into five segments: device type, treatment method, application, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global hyperthermia cancer treatment market are discussed in detail.