Global Hydroxychloroquine Drugs Market: Overview
Used to treat and manage a number of conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and the autoimmune disease called lupus, hydroxychloroquine is seen as a wonder drug by patients suffering from these painful health issues. The antimalarial is now seeing an increase in demand from certain countries as they direct efforts towards treating COVID-19, the pandemic which is being seen as a human and humanitarian crisis. Clinical trials are underway and results of these will ascertain demand for the drug for prevention and cure of the deadly viral infection.
As per Transparency Market Research, an increased number of people suffering from arthritis and lupus will lead to growth in the hydroxychloroquine drugs market from 2019 to 2027. And, due to massive use in clinical studies being carried out in a number of research and development (R&D) facilities – universities and pharmaceutical companies - a significant demand is arising for the drug. This is paving way for opportunities in the future.
Global Hydroxychloroquine Drugs Market: Notable Development
The much critical and powerful hydroxychloroquine drugs are gaining increased attention in the current times owing to results from a French Study that states these are effective in treating Coronavirus infection, plaguing the planet. However, peer review and others from the medical community take the study with a pinch of salt. Some of the notable developments in the recent time are stated below:
2020: The President of the United States of America is endorsing use of these drugs as preventive measures. And, a number of clinical studies have already begun to test efficacy. By March 18, Boulware had already started working in this direction. Additionally, the country demanded the drug from India, which is a major manufacturer and cleared export of 3.6 million tablets at the behest of President Donald Trump.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Hydroxychloroquine Drugs Market Report
Some of the prominent players operating in the global hydroxychloroquine drugs market are the following:
- Novartis International AG
- Sanofi S.A.
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Laurus Labs Limited
- Prasco Laboratories
- Cardinal Health
- Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Reddy's Laboratories
- Covis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Aphena Pharma Solutions Tennessee, Inc.
- Mylan N.V., McKesson Corporation
Innovation and Research and Development are areas that are highly focused on by a number of notable players in order to drive the market forward.
Global Hydroxychloroquine Drugs Market: Key trends and driver
Hydroxychloroquine drugs market is seeing elevated demand in its landscape owing to a number of factors. A major booster as of now is now is its association with the COVID – 19 treatment and prevention – approvals for the same are yet to arrive from the FDA.
- India, a major producer and exporter of hydroxychloroquine is ramping up production to meet increased demand from a number of other countries, including the United States of America, to which it is giving away about 3 million tablets of the drug, and nine metric tons of API – Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient. Note that some of the leading Indian manufacturers in the market landscape are Intas Pharmaceuticals, McW Healthcare of Indore, Macleods Pharmaceuticals, and Cipla.
- Coronavirus positive cases have crossed the one million mark and about 100,000 people have lost their lives to this deadly disease. It is impact on both lives and livelihoods is a great matter of concern and that is leading the governments towards commensurate measures, often turning drastic. This is set to push the market forward. However, increase in incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus will also drive the market on to a higher growth curve over the forecast period.
Looking for Exclusive Expert Insights from Business Experts? Request a Custom Report here
Global Hydroxychloroquine Drugs Market: Regional Analysis
North American region will be a prominent regional market over the forecast period owing to factors such as a sizeable population of Lupus patients. Besides, United States is contributing immensely to the growth in the market by way of government endorsements; a large number of clinical trials are underway.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.