Hydrolase Enzymes Market: Introduction
- Hydrolases are enzymes that catalyze the breakdown of chemical bonds in the presence of water. Common examples of hydrolase enzymes are esterases including lipases, phosphatases, glycosidases, peptidases, and nucleosidases.
- Hydrolases are classified as EC 3 according to the nomenclature system maintained by the Nomenclature Committee of the International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (NC-IUBMB)
- Hydrolases account for the major share of the medical enzymes market. These enzymes aid in the treatment of various diseases owing to their high stability, catalytic efficiency, commercial availability, and broad substrate specificity in a wide spectrum of bio-catalyzed processes.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Hydrolase Enzymes Market
- According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), cystic fibrosis is a common genetic disease among the white population in the U.S. The disease occurs in 1 in 2,500 to 3,500 white newborns. Cystic fibrosis is less common in other ethnic groups, affecting about 1 in 17,000 African Americans and 1 in 31,000 Asian Americans. Cystic fibrosis and pancreatitis lead to severe intestinal malabsorption due to the deficiency of pancreatic enzymes. A purified form of porcine pancreatic lipase, amylase, and protease enzymes is used to treat malabsorption associated with pancreatic insufficiency. Rise in prevalence of cystic fibrosis and pancreatitis is anticipated to drive the global hydrolase enzymes market.
- Production of many pharmaceutical compounds entails introduction and subsequent removal of many bi-products from pharmaceutically active ingredient intermediates. The use of appropriate enzymes not only catalyzes such steps, but has also been shown to yield higher desired results.
- In December 2015, Codexis, Inc. signed an agreement extension with Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. to license and supply a proprietary enzyme used in the manufacturing process for sitagliptin, the active pharmaceutical ingredient in Merck’s JANUVIA and JANUMET, prescription drugs for Type 2 diabetes.
- Besides pharmaceutical industry, hydrolase enzymes are used in food & beverage processing, paper & pulp, detergents, and biofuels industries. Rise in usage of these enzymes in different fields is projected to fuel the global market during the forecast period.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
North America to Lead Global Hydrolase Enzymes Market
- In terms of region, the global hydrolase enzymes market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global hydrolase enzymes market in 2019. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. Expansion of the hydrolase enzymes market in North America can be ascribed to increase in prevalence of chronic diseases, rise in usage of enzymes for pharmaceuticals and diagnostic purposes, and strong presence of market players in the region.
- Expansion of the hydrolase enzymes market in Europe can be ascribed to substantial growth of the chemical & pharmaceutical industry, rise in adoption of technological advancements in enzyme technology, and strategic acquisitions & partnerships among leading players in the region. Thus, Europe is the second major region of the global hydrolase enzymes market.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a faster CAGR than that in other regions during the forecast period, due to significant advancements in biotechnology and rise in production of pharmaceuticals. Rapid growth in animal feed and detergent industries is also estimated to propel the hydrolase enzymes market in the region.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are projected to be lucrative regions of the global hydrolase enzymes market during the forecast period due to increase in health care awareness among people
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Hydrolase Enzymes Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- AB Enzymes
- Creative Enzymes.
- Dyadic International Inc.
- Specialty Enzymes & Probiotics.
- Merck KGaA
- Advanced Enzyme Technologies
- Sisco Research Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
- Amano Enzyme Inc
- Codexis Inc.,
Global Hydrolase Enzymes Market: Research Scope
Global Hydrolase Enzymes Market, by Bond Type
- EC 3.1: Ester Bonds (Esterases)
- EC 3.2: Sugars (DNA Glycosylases and Glycoside Hydrolase)
- EC 3.3: Ether Bonds (Thioether and Trialkylsulfonium)
- EC 3.4: Peptide Bonds (Peptidases)
- EC 3.5: Carbon-nitrogen Bonds (Other than Peptide Bonds)
- EC 3.6 Acid Anhydrides
- EC 3.7 Carbon-carbon Bonds
- EC 3.8 Halide Bonds
- EC 3.9: Phosphorus-nitrogen Bonds
- EC 3.10: Sulfur-nitrogen Bonds
- EC 3.11: Carbon-phosphorus Bonds
- EC 3.12: Sulfur-sulfur Bonds
- EC 3.13: Carbon-sulfur Bonds
Global Hydrolase Enzymes Market, by End-user
- Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industries
- Food & Beverage Industries
- Chemical Industry
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.