Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Market: Introduction
- Knee osteoarthritis is a leading cause of disability among the population across the globe. It develops slowly, and the pain it causes worsens over time. Numerous treatment options are available to treat osteoarthritis. Viscosupplementation is one of the procedures for osteoarthritis. In this procedure, a gel-like fluid called hyaluronic acid is injected into the knee joint. Hyaluronic acid acts like a lubricant to enable bones to move smoothly over each other and as a shock absorber for joint loads. Key objectives of treating knee osteoarthritis with hyaluronic acid injections are to improve joint movement by increasing joint lubrication and reduced joint friction and inflammation, to slow osteoarthritis progression, and reduce pain.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Market, Request for a Sample
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Market
- Osteoarthritis is a degenerative diseases that frequently affects the weight-bearing joints of the body and hands. Poor eating habits, lack of exercise, and sedentary lifestyle lead to an increase in body fat and cholesterol and a rise in body weight. Obesity has become a common health issue among adults and the geriatric population. Increase in body weight exerts pressure on the lower extremity joints such as the knees. Excessive pressure on the joints leads to joint pain, damage, and orthopedic disorders. Thus, an increase in number of people with obesity is anticipated to drive the market.
- Osteoarthritis is common and the prevalence is high among the geriatric population. This complication intensifies with age, making most geriatric people susceptible to orthopedic diseases such as arthritis. Thus, a surge in the geriatric population is a key factor that is likely fuel the market.
- A rise in life expectancy rate and advances in hyaluronic acid based therapy for osteoarthritis are driving the adoption and demand for hyaluronic acid viscosupplementation products. This, in turn, is projected to boost the market in the near future. For instance, hyaluronic acid is a relatively newer treatment and have a potential bright spot for helping osteoarthritis treatment management. Thus, it is widely utilized in the treatment of osteoarthritis.
- Rise in demand for cost-effective treatment and a surge in geriatric population offer significant opportunities in the market. Furthermore, improving health care infrastructure, rise in the emphasis on quality care, and rapid urbanization offer opportunities to product manufacturers to expand their geographic presence in the market. Tapping emerging markets and catering to the unmet needs of customers in emerging economics across the globe are likely to prompt market players to increase their customer base, which in turn is estimated to offer considerable opportunity in the market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global hyaluronic acid viscosupplementation market due to the presence of key players, rise in the demand for advanced products, and a highly developed health care sector
- The hyaluronic acid viscosupplementation market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a rise in awareness and prevalence of osteoarthritis. Moreover, an increase in number of people with age over 60 is anticipated to drive the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Market
The global hyaluronic acid viscosupplementation market is highly fragmented due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Demand for hyaluronic acid viscosupplementation products has increased in emerging as well as developed markets owing to a rise in prevalence of osteoarthritis. Industry players are adopting practices of appointing third-party distributors to expand market presence. This has led to a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets. For instance, in November 2016, SEIKAGAKU CORPORATION entered into exclusive distribution agreement with Zimmer Biomet Holdings in the U.S. for VISCO-3. Growth strategies adopted by leading players, such as product launch, approval, key merger & acquisition, distribution agreement, and collaboration, are likely to drive the global market. For instance, in March 2019, SEIKAGAKU CORPORATION announced today the launch of HyLink, in Italy. It is a single-injection viscosupplement for the treatment of knee osteoarthritis.
Major players operating in the global hyaluronic acid viscosupplementation market are:
- Anika Therapeutics, Inc.
- Ferring B.V.
- Zimmer Biomet
- Fidia Pharma USA Inc,
- LG Chem
- SEIKAGAKU CORPORATION
Global Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Market: Research Scope
Global Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Market, by Treatment Type
- Single Injection
- Multiple Injection
Global Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Market, by Dosage Form
Global Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Market, by Application
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Shoulder Osteoarthritis
- Ankle Osteoarthritis
Global Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.