Horseradish Peroxidase Market
Horseradish Peroxidase Market (Substrate: ABTS, OPD, TMB, and Others; Application: Immunoassays and Biosensors; Grade: Grade I, Grade II, and Grade III; and End User: Biopharmaceutical Companies, Academic & Research Centers, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Experts Create Provision for Products & Services in COVID-19 Restricted Areas
Researchers and scientists are seeking the help of companies in the horseradish peroxidase market to develop treatments and vaccines for COVID-19 (coronavirus). Companies are increasing efforts to provide remote support for SARS-CoV-2 research. They are appointing a team of experts that help in research activities. As such, there is an urgent need to accelerate vaccine development to fight COVID-19. Additional support with the help of instrument supply is helping to scale the development of vaccines.
Leading companies in the horseradish peroxidase market are gaining an edge over emerging players by providing enzymes and other products & services to end users in areas where travel is restricted. On the other hand, webinars are playing a crucial role in educating researchers and biologists about various steps required for advanced vaccine development. As such, researchers are gaining insights in understanding the biology of SARS-CoV-2 in order to achieve next-gen sequencing in samples.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Horseradish Peroxidase Market
Enzyme Immobilization Technique Helps Optimize Specific Properties in Horseradish Peroxidase
Horseradish peroxidase is being pervasively used as a biosensor and is being used in clinical chemistry, owing to its advantages of high substrate specificity and catalytic activity. As such, horseradish peroxidase and other enzymes such as glucose oxidase and cholesterol oxidase are increasingly replacing conventional chemical catalysts, since the latter suffer from shortcomings of high cost and low stability. This bodes well for the growth of the horseradish peroxidase market, which is projected to advance at a healthy CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Companies in the horseradish peroxidase market are overcoming challenges pertaining to enhancement of catalytic activity and stability with the help of the enzyme immobilization technique. The enzyme immobilization technique is one of the most cost-efficient ways of enhancing specific properties in horseradish peroxidase. Moreover, this technique is being highly publicized to minimize the enzyme inhibition effects of horseradish peroxidase.
ELISA Substrate Selection Determines End Results in Assay Systems
Manufacturers in the horseradish peroxidase market are gaining proficiency to develop enzymes with a range of sensitivities that play an instrumental role in different detection methods. They are increasing awareness about careful selection of ELISA substrates in order to obtain best results in assay systems. As such, ELISA substrates differ in price, ease-of-use, and sensitivity. Hence, researchers must opt for a variety of procedures to bring ELISA substrates in the working condition. The preparation of substrates plays a key role in detecting signals in assay systems. However, companies in the horseradish peroxidase market are increasing efforts to boost the availability of substrates that are in ready-to-use forms.
There is a growing awareness about various optimization methods for ELISA substrates, which help to deliver better results in assay systems. Manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities to develop chromogenic substrates for ELISA, which are used in combination with horseradish peroxidase enzyme (HRP).
Strategic Acquisitions Help Leverage Opportunities in Sample Preparation Technologies
The horseradish peroxidase market is predicted to surpass the value of US$ 100 Mn by 2030. This is an important revelation, since companies are securing stakes of other companies even amidst the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. For instance, in March 2020, Thermo Fisher Scientific- a U.S. provisioner of reagents, consumables, and scientific instrumentation, announced the acquisition of QIAGEN— a provider of sample and assay technologies for molecular diagnostics to explore opportunities in sample preparation technologies.
In order to achieve increased sensitivity, the technique of chemifluorescence is being used for ELISA reactions. Thus, companies in the horseradish peroxidase market are becoming increasingly aware about this technique and has helped to increase the magnitude of sensitivity in ELISA reactions. They are using photomultiplier tubes with fluorescence detection in order to achieve stability in reactions.
Recombinant Protein Production Accelerates Enzyme Preparation
Apart from blotting and assay systems, horseradish peroxidase is being used for wastewater treatment and as a reagent in organic synthesis. Since horseradish peroxidase is extracted from armoracia rusticana roots, seasonal availability and long cultivation times pose as hurdles for manufacturers. Hence, manufacturers in the horseradish peroxidase market should aim for uniform enzyme preparation with the help of saccharomyces cerevisiae or pichia pastoris, as host organisms for recombinant protein production since yeasts are easy to cultivate.
Horseradish peroxidase holds promising potentials in therapeutic use, owing to its stability at specific temperatures. As such, companies in the horseradish peroxidase market are increasing their focus in medical applications. They are increasing their R&D activities to innovate in non-glycosylated recombinant horseradish peroxidase with the help of site-directed mutagenesis of amino acids.
ABTS Reagents Mimic Properties of TMB in Prolonged Reaction Time Durations
ABTS is being highly publicized as a safe and sensitive substrate for horseradish peroxidase-based ELISA systems. Hence, companies in the horseradish peroxidase market are increasing the availability of ABTS reagents. For instance, Merck- a U.S. multinational pharmaceutical company has a wide range of product portfolio in blue green color ABTS single reagents that enhance enzymatic activities. Improved versions of ABTS mimic the properties of TMB if a reaction is allowed to progress for prolonged periods.
Companies in the horseradish peroxidase market are increasing their production capabilities to develop room-temperature stable single component ABTS reagents that are being pervasively used in ELISA procedures. Thus, researchers are opting for non-organic formulations for horseradish peroxidase detection systems. Manufacturers are developing ABTS reagents that are largely optimized for ELISA assays in microwell plates or test tubes.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Companies in the horseradish peroxidase market are collaborating with researchers and scientists to deploy advanced developments in COVID-19 vaccines. Apart from therapeutic use, companies can broaden their revenue streams in textile applications.
However, in some cases, it can be potentially challenging to optimize ELISA protocols with sensitive substrates, owing to issues of blocking or non-specific binding that are detectable. Hence, companies should educate researchers about the various criteria for choosing ELISA substrates that are capable of working slightly below the limits of detection. Stable and highly fluorescent substrates are an increasing trend in the market, and are helping to acquire better results in ELISA reactions.
Horseradish Peroxidase Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global horseradish peroxidase market for the historical period 2018–2019 and forecast period 2020–2030, the global horseradish peroxidase market is driven by rise in research & development activities of biopharmaceutical companies
- According to the report, the global horseradish peroxidase market was valued at ~US$ 49 Mn in 2019 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~7% from 2020 to 2030
Rise in Research & Development Activities of Biopharmaceutical Companies and Surge in Usage of Enzymes as Biocatalysts: Key Drivers of Horseradish Peroxidase Market
- Research organizations across the public sector and pharmaceutical & biotech industries are investing in research & development of new drugs to address the increase in incidence of rare and chronic diseases. The biopharmaceutical industry in the U.S. invested an estimated US$ 102 Bn in R&D in 2018.
- In general, for medical diagnostics, it is important to have a stable and robust biopharmaceutical system employing enzymes without any variations in the glycosylation pattern to guarantee reliable and reproducible results. Hence, horseradish peroxidase has become a key component in biopharmaceutical research.
- Additionally, horseradish peroxidase evolved as a biocatalyst in the research filed due to chemical properties. Hence, it is widely utilized in the study of different pharmaceuticals and other fine chemicals products.
Drawbacks of HRP as Enzyme in Chemiluminescence: Key Restraint of Horseradish Peroxidase
- The first minor drawback of using horseradish peroxidase is that it could result in non-specific staining that may occur from the endogenous peroxidase activity observed in certain tissues or cells. When thin frozen section of tissues are made, these often reveal a mild to moderate amount of endogenous peroxidase activity. This is likely to act as a deterrent for researchers to use horseradish peroxidase.
Penetration into Novel Applications: Key Opportunities for Horseradish Peroxidase Market
- A number of gene therapy strategies has been proposed for the treatment of cancer. Horseradish peroxidase utilizes hydrogen peroxide to oxidize both organic and inorganic compounds.
- Several studies have shown that the cytotoxicity was also observed under conditions of severe hypoxia (catalyst induced anoxia) indicating that the HRP/paracetamol combination could be suitable for hypoxia-targeted gene therapy. This, in turn, is expected to create an opportunity for suppliers of horseradish peroxidase.
Horseradish Peroxidase Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global horseradish peroxidase market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global horseradish peroxidase market is highly fragmented, owing to the presence of numerous international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global horseradish peroxidase market include
- Abcam plc
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Merck KGaA,
- BBI Solutions
- Takara Bio Company
- Promega Corporation
- Faizyme Laboratories
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- TOYOBO Co., Ltd.
- Oriental Yeast Co., Ltd.
Horseradish Peroxidase Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the global horseradish peroxidase market are engaged in regulatory approvals, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to augment the global horseradish peroxidase market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global horseradish peroxidase market are:
- In March 2020, Epitope Diagnostics, Inc. introduced immunoassay kits exclusively for the qualitative detection of COVID-19, where horseradish peroxidase (HRP) labeled recombinant COVID-19 antigen is added to perform the test
- The report on the global horseradish peroxidase market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers and suppliers of horseradish peroxidase substrate. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global horseradish peroxidase market.
Horseradish Peroxidase Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global horseradish peroxidase market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides revenue of the global horseradish peroxidase market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global horseradish peroxidase market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global horseradish peroxidase market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global horseradish peroxidase market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global horseradish peroxidase market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global horseradish peroxidase market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global horseradish peroxidase market. Key players operating in the global horseradish peroxidase market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global horseradish peroxidase market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Horseradish Peroxidase Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global horseradish peroxidase market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global horseradish peroxidase market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in life science research on the global horseradish peroxidase market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for horseradish peroxidase providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global horseradish peroxidase market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global horseradish peroxidase market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global horseradish peroxidase market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary researches, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global horseradish peroxidase market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, and market intelligence managers who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the horseradish peroxidase market as primary research sources.
These primary and secondary research sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the horseradish peroxidase market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global horseradish peroxidase market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global horseradish peroxidase market more reliably and accurately.
Horseradish Peroxidase Market – Segmentation