Home Wi-Fi Router and Extender Market
Home Wi-Fi Router and Extender Market (Device: Wi-Fi Router [With Uplink Port and With Normal Port] and Wi-Fi Extender) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
New Coronavirus Strains Create Steady Demand for Routers during COVID-19 Pandemic
There has been an unprecedented growth in the demand for home Wi-Fi routers and extenders due to the onset of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Even corporates and small businesses are investing in reliable Wi-Fi extenders to maintain social distancing and remote working environments. Companies in the home Wi-Fi router and extender market are benefitting due to online schooling and work from home policies of business organizations.
New coronavirus strains are creating health concerns among individuals. This has delayed reopening of schools, educational institutes, and commercial organizations. Such trends are creating revenue opportunities for companies in the home Wi-Fi router and extender market. The increased use of smartphones, tablets, and laptops has led to the demand for high bandwidth connections, resulting in more purchases for routers.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Home Wi-Fi Router and Extender
Knowledge Sharing Gains Emphasis to Offer Customer Satisfaction Post Sales
The home Wi-Fi router and extender market is predicted to register a favorable CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period. However, home networking can be potentially challenging, since many Wi-Fi routers lack the capability to evenly distribute network throughout the house. This is when companies such as NETGEAR— a networking hardware company, step in to offer their Orbi Mesh Wi-Fi series that are capable of overcoming issues about video transmission, signal drop, and slow Internet connection.
Apart from supplying reliable Wi-Fi systems, companies in the home Wi-Fi router and extender market are focusing on knowledge sharing via online news outlets about how customers can troubleshoot Wi-Fi issues while sitting at home.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
New Technologies Help Maintain Throughput While Moving Between 5G and Wi-Fi 6
It has been found that the male population on a global level is relatively more tech-savvy than the female population. Hence, companies in the home Wi-Fi router and extender market are introducing systems that have more easy-to-use features to cater to the needs of women. This explains why the home Wi-Fi router and extender market is projected to reach the revenue mark of US$ 18 Bn by the end of 2030.
New products such as Nokia’s Wi-Fi mesh router technology caters to the fast growing 5G world. Manufacturers are increasing the availability of systems that deliver a seamless transition for mobile devices, moving between 5G and Wi-Fi 6 to maintain network connectivity throughput.
Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa Integration Intensifies Market Competition
Easy set up and management of home Wi-Fi routers and extenders are being preferred by individuals, especially the female population. D-Link Corporation— a Taiwanese multinational networking equipment manufacturing company is capitalizing on this opportunity to introduce its SMART line of Wi-Fi Routers, which provide powerful AC Wi-Fi speeds and advanced customization features to meet specific needs of individuals.
The integration of novel innovations such as Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa have intensified competition in the home Wi-Fi router and extender market. Enhanced parental controls and affordable network coverage features in systems are driving sales in the home Wi-Fi router and extender market. Smart routers with mesh technology are creating single and personalized home network when paired with extenders.
Affordable and Easy Mesh Technology Overcomes Traditional Issues of Wi-Fi Networks
The online comparison of home Wi-Fi routers and extenders is building the credibility of manufacturers. Issues of a clogged home Wi-Fi network have fueled the popularity of the mesh technology. Mesh Wi-Fi network is being highly publicized for being easy, affordable, and less complex during installation. Such trends are creating value grab opportunities for companies in the home Wi-Fi router and extender market.
Suppliers in the home Wi-Fi router and extender market are expanding their business via online sales of self-installed and configurable mesh Wi-Fi systems. They are mainly focusing on developing mobile apps that assist individuals in installation.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Home Wi-Fi Router and Extender
Although suppliers are reaping the benefits of work from home policies, supply chain disruptions are anticipated to affect business activities amidst the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak. Smart routers with mesh technology are growing popular in the home Wi-Fi router and extender market. However, companies are increasing awareness about the dos and don’ts of mesh Wi-Fi systems such as calculating the amount of nodes needed to set up the network in a home, and avoiding its installation near microwaves and cordless phones to minimize interruptions.
Companies are encouraging customers to check recommendations from device makers and self-assist in cases of network interruptions such as updating a router’s firmware. Mobile apps are boosting sales of self-installed and configurable Wi-Fi systems. In addition, the integration of Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa in routers is a breakthrough innovation in the market landscape.
Home Wi-Fi Router and Extender Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global home Wi-Fi router and extender market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2020–2030, the market is anticipated to reach value of US$ 18 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period
- Rapid developments in the communication technology have led to increase in Internet and mobile Internet penetration rate as well as enhancement of connectivity and speed of the Internet. Globally, the total number of Internet users is projected to grow from 3.9 billion in 2018 to 5.3 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 6%.
- In terms of population, this represents 51% of the global population in 2018 and 66% of the global population by 2023. This factor propels the home Wi-Fi router and extender market. As a result, home Wi-Fi router and extender manufacturers have been expanding their product range and protocols that can adapt to variable demands, thus providing numerous opportunities to the home Wi-Fi router and extender market.
- During the forecast period, Asia Pacific is anticipated to emerge as a leading home Wi-Fi router and extender market, followed by Europe and North America
Network Congestion and Traffic Overlay: A Key Driver of Home Wi-Fi Router and Extender Market
- Closure of workplaces and home quarantine have led to a spike in network usage, which has resulted in network congestion and traffic overlay. The overall Internet traffic has increased by approximately 30% during the COVID-19 outbreak. This drives the demand for home Wi-Fi routers and extenders and can accelerate the growth of the home Wi-Fi router and extender market. Besides, effective switching, which is essential to handle the growing network congestion and traffic overlap, is expected to propel the home Wi-Fi router and extender market.
- Furthermore, vendors such as Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., and Intel Corporation are manufacturing and developing advanced Wi-Fi routers and extenders with Wi-Fi 6 technology to make work from home better without any network congestion and traffic overlay, thus providing high speed and better network connectivity during the pandemic. This, in turn, is expected to boost the growth of the home Wi-Fi router and extender market.
- The impact of this driver is likely to be high during the short, medium, and long-term due to increase in network congestion and traffic overlay
Key Challenges Faced by Home Wi-Fi Router and Extender Market Players
- Emergence of portable networking devices may restrain the growth of the home Wi-Fi router market. Companies such as Google, Inc. have started offering portable router solutions, for instance, OnHub, which is likely to be a significant challenge for the home Wi-Fi router and extender market. OnHub is a Wi-Fi router, which can be placed anywhere in the home due to its portability and eliminates the need to utilize repeaters. Furthermore, its unique design, consisting of six antennas, helps expand the transmission range as compared to other home networking devices. This, in turn, can hamper the growth of the home Wi-Fi router and extender market.
Increase in Adoption of Home Wi-Fi Routers and Extenders Globally
- Most networking manufacturers offer advanced Wi-Fi router and extender devices. Presenting a comprehensive package of Wi-Fi devices for connected homes is anticipated to help manufacturers customize solutions as per end user requirement and further increase their market share.
- Some manufacturers such as D-Link Corporation and Belkin International, Inc. have already started offering connected home solutions as a separate package to end users. There may be a trend by these companies to offer both solutions Wi-Fi 6 with 802.11. technology in one package in the near future. Manufacturers can partner with service providers or contractors in order to offer comprehensive packages.
- Wi-Fi has become a necessity for businesses all of sizes. Manufacturers support BYOD for both visitors and employees. However, the most effective Wi-Fi solution with full packages go beyond basic connectivity. Businesses want to be able to incorporate Wi-Fi with digital policies that are already in place, such as CRM systems. With advanced Wi-Fi router packages, service providers are presented with huge opportunities to better serve both their enterprise and SMB customers.
- This, in turn, can create opportunities for the home Wi-Fi router and extender market
Home Wi-Fi Router and Extender Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of home Wi-Fi router and extender have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global home Wi-Fi router and extender market are
- Actiontec Electronics, Inc.
- ASUS TeK Computer Inc.
- Belkin International, Inc.
- Best IT World Pvt. Ltd. (iBall)
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Dell Inc.
- Devolo AG
- D-Link Corporation
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Intel Corporation
- Legrand SA
- Netgear, Inc.
- ShenZhen KuWFi Technology Co.,Ltd
- Tenda Technology Inc.
- TP-Link Technologies Co., Ltd.
- ZyXEL Communications Corp.
Home Wi-Fi Router and Extender Market: Key Developments
- Key providers in the home Wi-Fi router and extender market such as ASUS TeK Computer Inc., Belkin International, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., and ZyXEL Communications Corp. are focusing on the development of home Wi-Fi routers and extenders to attract more customers. Some of the key developments in the global home Wi-Fi router and extender market are highlighted below:
- In October 2020, Linksys Technologies, the connected home division within Belkin International, and Foxconn Interconnect Technology Limited launched new 5G routers and modems and a Wi-Fi 6 mobile hotspot in Korea for seamless connectivity at homes and offices
- In February 2020, D-Link Corporation launched EXO Smart Mesh Wi-Fi routers with McAfee Protection in India, for home networking
- In January 2020, Actiontec Electronics, Inc. launched a suite of analytics services and tools, which can provide Wi-Fi networks and broadband experience to its customers in their homes, with more efficient troubleshooting and management
- In July 2018, Best IT World Pvt. Ltd. (iBall) introduced a new router that operates equally on 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz (Dual Band) with Internet or transmission speed of up to 1200 Mbps for offices and homes, which creates a high-speed wireless connection
- In the global home Wi-Fi router and extender market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of home Wi-Fi router and extender providers. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global home Wi-Fi router and extender market.
Home Wi-Fi Router and Extender Market – Scope of the Report
A latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present day scenario of the global home Wi-Fi router and extender market to accurately gauge its potential future development. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the home Wi-Fi router and extender market to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the home Wi-Fi router and extender market will progress during the forecast period from 2020 - 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the home Wi-Fi router and extender market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the home Wi-Fi router and extender market during the forecast period. It also includes impact analysis of COVID-19 on the home Wi-Fi router and extender market. The global home Wi-Fi router and extender market report helps to estimate statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Mn).
The study covers a detailed segmentation of the home Wi-Fi router and extender market, along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions the company profiles of key players currently dominating the home Wi-Fi router and extender market, wherein various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Home Wi-Fi Router and Extender Market
The report provides detailed information about the home Wi-Fi router and extender market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that play a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the home Wi-Fi router and extender market, so as to help them formulate successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out-of-home Wi-Fi routers and extenders?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the home Wi-Fi router and extender market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of market frontrunners in the home Wi-Fi router and extender market?
- What are the major drivers and restraints of the market?
- What will be the size of the home Wi-Fi router and extender market from 2020 to 2030?
- Which will be the fastest growing segment in the home Wi-Fi router and extender market?
- Which are the leading companies in the home Wi-Fi router and extender market?
- What are the strategies of companies operating in the market?
Research Methodology – Home Wi-Fi Router and Extender Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts to compile the home Wi-Fi router and extender market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the home Wi-Fi router and extender market. During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of data obtained through the interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the home Wi-Fi router and extender market. For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, and data of major countries of the world, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the home Wi-Fi router and extender market.
Home Wi-Fi Router and Extender Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the home Wi-Fi router and extender market on the basis of device and region. The report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they influence the growth prospects of the home Wi-Fi router and extender market.