Hip Replacement Implants Market
Hip Replacement Implants Market (Product: Total Hip Replacement Implants, Partial Hip Replacement Implants, Hip Resurfacing Implants, and Revision Hip Replacement Implants; Material: Metal-on-metal, Metal-on-polyethylene, Ceramic-on-metal, Ceramic-on-polyethylene, and Ceramic-on-ceramic; and End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Orthopedic Clinics, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Rising Adoption of Hip Implants Driving Global Hip Replacement Implants Market
Hip implants are medical devices designed to recover mobility and ease pain normally associated with arthritis and other hip diseases or injuries. Most people suffering from severe hip pain and inflammation caused by arthritis prefer hip replacement implants. Each hip implant practice has distinct device designs such as size, shape, and material, and dimensions. On the other hand, the same hip implant practice may have diverse outcomes in different patients. Various factors may influence the result and durability of a hip implant, including device design features, surgeon experience and implantation technique, and individual patient characteristics such as age, sex, weight, activity level, and the overall health. Hip replacements help millions of people retrieve mobility and find comfort from joint pain; however, the hip replacement surgery is followed by some risk and requires months of recovery. Nevertheless, technological advancements have led to the development of customized hip replacement implants and risk-free surgeries, helping to boost the global hip replacement implants market during the forecast period.
The total hip arthroplasty is presently the international standard of care for the degenerative hip joint disease. Although national registries have been established in selected European countries, Australia, and New Zealand, some international studies have been conducted examining the historical utilization of initial and revision joint arthroplasty. The studies also establish wide variations in per capita medical technology investments among European countries as compared with the U.S. However, North America presently dominates the global share of hip replacement implants with nearly double in Europe. Moreover, the hip replacement implants market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to rise in hip replacement surgeries, rapid adoption of hip implants, and high economic growth in various developing countries,
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Hip Replacement Implants Market
COVID-19 Crisis Leads to Cancellation, Postponement of Surgeries
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted the healthcare industry with a disrupted supply chain, ranging from raw materials to manufacturing and delivery. There is a massive disturbance in the elective arthroplasty practice in various major countries that, to date, have not been quantified. The response varied across the world in the timing and severity of public health measures performed to hold the disease spread. Major turning points in the practice of hip replacements occurred when the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a worldwide pandemic on March 10, 2020, followed by the Surgeon Generals of various nations recommending cancellation of all elective surgeries in the populated regions and further suggested by several local medical authorities. The cancellation of hip replacement surgeries to control the coronavirus spread has had significant effects on hip and knee arthroplasty volume across the world, hampering the global demand, thereby affecting the hip replacement implants market. In the U.S. alone, up to 33,000 revision and primary hip and knee arthroplasty procedures were canceled weekly when the virus spread reached its peak. Similar figures were encountered across various developed and developing countries, which forced surgeons to focus on COVID-19 related surgeries and practices.
In this crisis, the healthcare sector was ill-prepared to manage a public health emergency. In terms of regulations, technology, risk control, manufacturing, procurement, or supply chain management, the existing state of affairs indicated that certain replacement activities were not stringent enough. Despite the limitations to date in measuring the effects of COVID-19 on hip replacement volumes, the outcomes of surgery cancellations have had notable lasting adverse consequences for patients, surgeons, and the healthcare system. Nevertheless, with the rapidly increasing vaccination drives across the world and developments in the drugs for COVID-related disorder, the global pandemic seems to come to its final phase, and it is expected that the end of 2021 might be the restart for several industries, including the hip replacement implants market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Leading Players Using Offline, Online Advertising to Attract Consumers
The global hip replacement implants market holds various orthopedic manufacturing companies producing various implants used in the hip replacement surgery. Most of these companies produce numerous different hip replacement prostheses. The materials used in the artificial implant may vary, but they often include metal, plastic, or ceramic. The hip joint includes a ball and a socket joint, and the replacement of the hip joint needs the surgeon to separate the ball and reshape the socket. The artificial implant is then replaced in the bone. The implant may be held in the ossein by tightly wedging it in place, or it may be cemented into place. The fixation type depends on the patient's bone strength and the design of the implant. Moreover, the total hip replacement devices available with different bearing surfaces include metal-on-metal, metal-on-polyethylene, ceramic-on-metal, ceramic-on-polyethylene, and ceramic-on-ceramic. The rise in the prevalence of joint diseases in developing countries and the increase in the geriatric population are driving the metal-on-polyethylene segment of the hip replacement implants market.
Orthopedic supply manufacturers have advanced to advertise directly to customers. Advertisements through magazines, newspapers, telemarketing, and brochures at hospitals and clinics are proving beneficial for key players. Most people looking to improve their overall quality of life and mobility are being influenced by the advertisements, and this is contributing toward market growth. The main benefit of the surgery is the freedom from lasting pain. Moreover, the pain from the surgery fades within the first two weeks after the surgery. However, some people can experience longer-term pain and, in some cases, this may need further treatment. Nevertheless, hip replacement implants can improve mobility in patients with lesser pain than before the surgery. Healthcare science and medical technologies are now upgrading and focusing on upcoming practices and treatments to eliminate all risks, side effects, and pain included in hip replacement implant surgeries. These factors are likely to propel the hip replacement implants market during the forecast period.
Numerous Pain Relieving Factors Lead to Hip Replacement Implants
A hip replacement implant is a very common surgery that serves to reduce pain and rigidity in the hip joint. The total hip replacement is categorized into four segments, namely, primary hip reconstruction, partial hip reconstruction, hip resurfacing, and revision hip implants. Furthermore, total hip replacement implants are classified into fixed-bearing hip implants and mobile-bearing total hip implants. Hip replacement is mostly performed due to fracture or injury to the hip, or osteoarthritis. In addition to people with osteoarthritis or hip injuries, individuals with rheumatoid arthritis, osteonecrosis, or bone tumors also may need hip replacements to relieve pain. The global hip replacement implants market is anticipated to surpass US$ 7 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% from 2021 to 2031.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Hip Replacement Implants Market
The innovations in the materials used in hip replacement implants are influencing consumers and enhancing market growth. There is a growing availability of advanced materials such as cross-linked polyethylene socket used in conjugation with ceramic or metal femoral head offer new products for adoption. In addition, the highly cross-linked polyethylene linear is an alternative material recommended as a new pattern of care for acetabular cup articulation surfaces. Apart from this, the rising investments in the development of hip replacement procedures in developing countries are likely to drive the hip replacement implants market during the forecast period. However, the limited focus on such surgeries amidst the pandemic has affected the growth rate of the hip replacement implants market. Nevertheless, advancements in healthcare facilities and a growing number of vaccinations are expected to restore the global hip replacement implants market in the near future.
Hip Replacement Implants Market: Overview
- The global hip replacement implants market was valued at US$ 5 Bn in 2020 and is projected to expand at a moderate CAGR from 2021 to 2031. Rapid development of surgery procedures has fueled the demand for hip replacement implants. New implant types and material combinations for better stability and lifespan also contribute to the growth of the global hip replacement implants market.
- Hip replacement, also known as hip arthroplasty, is a surgery, which replaces the injured hip joint with a prosthetic implant known as hip implant. A number of patients receive hip replacements, while suffering from arthritis, the primary cause of pain & inflammation, and other conditions. Moreover, hip fracture and wear & tear of the same are the key factors for the hip replacement surgery. Hip replacement enables patients to regain mobility and relief from joint pain.
- Hip replacement is the most common joint replacement procedure in the U.S., with over 300,000 surgeries performed every year according to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. In 2018, around 100,000 people underwent total hip replacement surgery in the U.K. Approximately, 300,000 hip replacement surgeries were performed in China in 2018.
Hip Replacement Implants: Market Segmentation
- The global hip replacement implants market has been segmented based on product, material, end user, and region
- In terms of product, the global hip replacement implants market has been classified into total hip replacement implants, partial hip replacement implants, hip resurfacing implants, and revision hip replacement implants. The total hip replacement implants segment has been bifurcated into fixed bearing hip implant and mobile bearing hip implant. Increase in incidence of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and other musculoskeletal conditions is projected to boost the growth of the global hip replacement implants market during the forecast period.
- Based on material, the global hip replacement implants market has been categorized into metal-on-metal, metal-on-polyethylene, ceramic-on-metal, ceramic-on-polyethylene, and ceramic-on-ceramic. The metal-on-polyethylene segment accounted for a major share of the global market in 2020, owing to rise in prevalence of joint diseases in developing countries and increase in geriatric population. Various material combinations and innovation in metal-on-polyethylene materials are transforming the market rapidly.
- In terms of end user, the global hip replacement implants market has been divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, orthopedic clinics, and others. The hospitals segment accounted for a significant market share in 2020 attributable to increase in awareness about health and availability of various facilities in hospitals for hip replacement surgery.
Hip Replacement Implants Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global hip replacement implants market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global hip replacement implants market in 2020. This can be ascribed to rapid technological advancements, high geriatric population, and stability in product pricing and reimbursement procedures. Presently, North America has the highest rate of implant procedures, nearly double of that in Europe.
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Rise in hip replacement surgeries, rapid adoption of hip implants, and high economic growth of countries such as China, India, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and South Korea are projected to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period. Improving healthcare infrastructure, rise in private and public investment in public healthcare, and technological advancements in countries are anticipated to drive the hip replacement implants market in the region from 2021 to 2031.
Hip Replacement Implants Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global hip replacement implants market include
- Zimmer Biomet
- DePuy Synthes Companies (Johnson & Johnson)
- Smith & Nephew
- Wright Medical Group
- MicroPort Scientific Corporation
- Exactech, Inc.
- OMNIlife science, Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- DJO Global, Inc.
- These players mainly focus on adopting various strategies to expand product offerings and strengthen geographic presence. Technological advancements, expansion of operations across the globe, and merger & acquisitions are factors likely to propel the global hip replacement implants market over the next few years.
Hip Replacement Implants Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global hip replacement market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides the overall revenue of the global hip replacement implants market for the period of 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global hip replacement implants market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global hip replacement implants market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed a combination of the top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global hip replacement implants market.
The report comprises an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global hip replacement implants market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global hip replacement implants market. The next section of the global hip replacement implants market report highlights the USPs, which include technological advancements, overview of hip replacement surgeries, and COVID-19 pandemic impact on the global hip replacement implants market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global hip replacement implants market. Key players operating in the global hip replacement implants market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global hip replacement implants market report.
Key Questions Answered in Hip Replacement Implants Market Report
- What are the sales/revenue generated by hip replacement across the globe during the forecast period?
- What are the key trends in the global hip replacement implants market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which hip replacement segment will have the highest revenue by 2031 and which segment will grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Strengths and weakness of major players in 2020
- Competitive analysis of major players in 2020
Hip Replacement Implants Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global hip replacement implants market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides a detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global hip replacement implants market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global hip replacement implants market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y trends of the global hip replacement implants market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated by key product manufacturers has been mapped to ascertain the size of the global hip replacement implants market in terms of value. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated in the global hip replacement implants market. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we initiated by sizing up the current global hip replacement implants market with the help of the parent market.
The report analyzes the global hip replacement implants market in terms of product, material, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has been provided. These valuable insights would help market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global hip replacement implants market.
Hip Replacement Implants Market – Segmentation