Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers Market
Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers Market (Type: Polymeric, Monomeric, and Oligomeric; and Application: Paints & Coatings, Adhesives & Sealants, Plastics, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
- Chemicals & Materials
- 215 Pages
Surge in Demand for Architectural Coatings to Provide Impetus for Market Growth
Hindered amine light stabilizers were primarily developed as metal deactivators and photo stabilizers. Additional research uncovered that the oxime structure of hindered amine light stabilizers also served as an anti-oxidant (AO). Additives such as hindered amine light stabilizers are used to enhance the performance of polypropylene that are predominantly used in artificial turfs. The adoption of hindered amine light stabilizers is higher in applications wherein high performance is a key parameter and chemistry of plastic is suitable. This additive has garnered noteworthy popularity across the world as a high-performance UV absorber.
Over the past couple of decades, an uptrend in the demand for paints & coatings was observed, owing to a range of factors. Out of the three major types of paints & coatings, including OEM coatings, special purpose coatings, and architectural coatings, the uptake of architectural coatings is projected to be the highest. The ascending adoption of architectural coatings in institutional, commercial, and residential sectors has directly influenced the demand for additives such as hindered amine light stabilizers. Furthermore, surge in demand for industrial coatings in various sectors, such as automotive, aerospace, marine, wood, etc., is another factor that is expected to propel the hindered amine light stabilizers market during the forecast period (2019-2027). Thus, the hindered amine light stabilizers market is expected to reach a market value of ~US$ 904 Mn by the end of 2020.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Application in Plastics Creates Substantial Demand for Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers
Plastics or plastic materials are increasingly being used in an array of applications. From straightforward single-use devices to complex components in advanced products, the design aspects of these products are evolving with changing requirements. The plastic industry, thus, to fulfill these rapidly changing requirements predominantly relies on various polymers, polymer blends, and polymer additives. The demand for additives to develop plastics has witnessed a notable growth, as they protect polymer from UV-light induced oxidative and thermal stress.
Within the hindered amine light stabilizers market, the plastics application segment is estimated to hold a significant market, as hindered amine light stabilizers are increasingly being used to provide UV-protection to plastic materials. The plastic segment is projected to account for roughly ~75% share of the hindered amine light stabilizers market.
While stakeholders in the plastics industry continue to explore the potential scope for improvement in product performance, it has triggered the need for quantitative and qualitative analysis of hindered amine light stabilizers.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Studies Explore Potential Uses of Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers for Large Joint Replacement Procedures
While the paints & coatings and plastics application segments are expected to hold significant share of the hindered amine light stabilizers market in terms of market share and value, owing to research and advancements in arthroplasty, use of hindered amine light stabilizers is on the rise, particularly for large joint replacement. Traditionally, ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) has played a critical role as a bearing component material in joint replacement procedures.
However, issues pertaining to wear resistance surfaced repeatedly, which paved the way for the entry of Highly Crosslinked Polyethylenes. In 2018, a UHMWPE covered with hindered amine light stabilizers was developed for applications, such as large joint replacement procedures in which a high degree of resistance to wear and optimum mechanical properties is imperative. The results of the biocompatibility and mechanical tests offered significant promise– a factor that has persuaded experts in the field to fuel investments to identify the benefits and advantages of hindered amine light stabilizers.
While research and development are likely to open new avenues for the hindered amine light stabilizers market, stakeholders are also expected to lean toward inorganic growth strategies, including mergers & acquisitions, collaborations, product launches, and strategic alliances. For instance, the SONGWON Industrial Group and Sabo S.p.A. that are long-term business partners launched a new and cutting-edge light stabilizer system, SABO®STAB UV 216, which was primarily developed for complex agricultural applications.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers Market, ask for a customized report
The hindered amine light stabilizers market is estimated to grow at a moderate CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. This growth is largely driven by the increasing adoption of industrial and architectural coatings wherein hindered amine light stabilizers are used. While UV protection of plastic and preventing resins from changing color are expected to remain the major areas of applications, the potential benefits of polymer additives in the medical field offer significant promise for stakeholders operating in the hindered amine light stabilizers market. The Asia Pacific region will remain the most prominent regional hindered amine light stabilizers market, owing to fast-paced urbanization and sheer size of the market in this region.
Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers Market: Overview
- Hindered amine light stabilizers (HALSs) are derivatives of 2, 2, 6, 6-tetramethyl piperidine (TMP). They act as radical scavengers and inhibit the photo-oxidative degradation of polymers in coatings, adhesives, and sealants.
- UV absorbers filter out the harmful UV light, thereby preventing change in color of the resin; the substrate underneath; and colorants employed in coatings, inks, adhesives, and sealants. HALSs trap free radicals once they are formed. These are also effective in preventing surface defects such as loss of gloss, cracking, and chalking.
Key Drivers of Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers Market
- Consumers in developed as well as developing countries have different mobility needs. Constant urbanization is expected to lead to increase in car ownerships in the near future. Rise in car ownerships is anticipated to boost the demand for automotive refinish coatings in the near future. The key function of automotive refinish coatings is to offer stabilization in different conditions such as ultraviolet rays, humidity, and pollutants. In order to prevent automotive paint degradation, yellowing, and chalking due to UV light, hindered amine light stabilizers are used. They effectively maintain paint gloss and enhance weather-resistance capacity of the paint.
- Increase in sales of new vehicles and rise in the number of on-road vehicles in regions such as Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa are estimated to propel the demand for automotive coatings in these regions during the forecast period. This surge is apparent in Asia Pacific, which is turning out to be an automotive manufacturing hub. Countries in Asia Pacific such as India, China, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, and Indonesia account for a major share of the global car production. China is the leading producer of automobiles in the world. In India, production of cars is increasing at a rapid pace. These factors are projected to augment the demand for automotive coatings, thereby boosting the demand for hindered amine light stabilizers in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Lucrative Opportunities for Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers Market
- Adhesives and sealants are replacing welding and mechanical fasteners used in automotive parts. They help bond different materials and keep the vehicle weight minimal. Hindered amine light stabilizers protect resins in adhesives and sealants from the loss of mechanical performance caused by degradation by light, thereby enhancing their durability.
- As for the construction sector, hindered amine light stabilizers provide innovative solutions for durable adhesion to different substrates under all weathering conditions such as UV light and heat in order to protect polymers from UV degradation and to maintain reliable adhesion and long-lasting bonding. Thus, rise in the demand for adhesives and sealants in different applications is anticipated to boost the global hindered amine light stabilizers market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers Market
- Asia Pacific was the leading market for hindered amine light stabilizers, in terms of both value and volume, in 2018. The region is estimated to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period. Asia Pacific is also a prominent producer of paints and coatings, owing to presence of a large number of producers in China. Improving economic conditions and increasing consumption of paints, coatings, adhesives, and sealants in Asia Pacific are fueling the market in the region.
- North America and Europe are other significant consumers of hindered amine light stabilizers worldwide. The two regions are mature industries for paints & coatings and adhesives & sealants. Also, due to climatic factors such as sunlight, North America and Europe utilize hindered amine light stabilizers in less volumes as compared to Asia Pacific.
- In terms of volume, Latin America and Middle East & Africa held relatively minor shares of the global hindered amine light stabilizers market in 2018. However, the market in these regions is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
Wise Usage of Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers in Plastics Packaging Components
- In terms of application, the plastics segment accounted for a major share of the global hindered amine light stabilizers market in 2018. It is expected to maintain its attractiveness during the forecast period, due to increasing demand from food, consumer goods, industrial, and beverage packaging industries.
- Hindered amine light stabilizers are widely used in plastic packaging components, as they have ability to maintain performance and quality of packaging materials under exposure to UV radiations, thereby providing resistance to weathering and long-term durability
- In order to protect paints and coatings from UV degradation, HALS is employed in coating systems. Hindered amine light stabilizers are often combined with UV absorbers (UVA) for optimum exterior protection of coatings, adhesives, and sealants. Paints and coatings have a wide range of applications in sectors such as architecture, automotive, and industrial.
- Architectural coatings was the dominant sub-segment of the paints & coatings application segment in 2018. The sub-segment is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Rise in construction activities across the world is fueling the sub-segment. Architectural coatings and construction coatings sub-segments collectively held 42.4% share of the paints & coatings segment in 2018.
- Automotive coatings is estimated to be the third-largest sub-segment of the paints & coatings segment during the forecast period. Expansion of the global automotive industry and increase in car sales are estimated to drive the sub-segment during the forecast period. The industrial & protective coatings segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
Leading Players Actively Engage in Joint Ventures and R&D Activities
- Key players operating in the global hindered amine light stabilizers market are -
- Clariant AG,
- ADEKA Corporation,
- BASF SE,
- Solvay S.A.,
- SABO S.p.A.,
- Greenchemicals SpA,
- Rianlon Corporation,
- Everlight Chemical Industrial Corp.,
- Chitec Technology Co., Ltd.,
- Double Bond Chemical Ind., Co., Ltd.,
- Beijing Tiangang Auxiliary Co., Ltd,
- Mayzo, Inc.,
- Lambson Ltd., and
- MPI Chemie B.V.
These companies actively engage in expansions, mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures in order to maintain their share in the global hindered amine light stabilizers market.
- In June 2018, Clariant and Beijing Tiangang Auxiliary Co., Ltd. commenced the construction of a world-class production facility for light stabilizers for plastics and textiles in Cangzhou, China
Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global hindered amine light stabilizers market to accurately gauge its potential for growth. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for future growth of the global hindered amine light stabilizers market to identify opportunities for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global hindered amine light stabilizers market would expand during the forecast period i.e. 2019-2027.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global hindered amine light stabilizers market, which aid companies operating in the market in making strategic business decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure growth of the global hindered amine light stabilizers market during the forecast period. It also includes key indicator assessment to highlight growth prospects for the global hindered amine light stabilizers market and estimate statistics related to market growth, in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (tons).
This study covers detailed segmentation of the global hindered amine light stabilizers market, along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions profiles of key players, which are currently dominating the global hindered amine light stabilizers market, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers Market
The report provides detailed information about the global hindered amine light stabilizers market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in promoting growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global hindered amine light stabilizers market so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which type segment of the global hindered amine light stabilizers market is estimated to emerge as a major revenue generator for the market during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenues out of advantages offered by hindered amine light stabilizers?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global hindered amine light stabilizers market between 2019 and 2027?
- What are winning imperatives of leading market players operating in the global hindered amine light stabilizers market?
Research Methodology – Global Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the global hindered amine light stabilizers market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global hindered amine light stabilizers market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of the data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global hindered amine light stabilizers market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global hindered amine light stabilizers market
Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers Market: Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global hindered amine light stabilizers market in terms of type, application, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments and how they are influencing growth prospects for the global hindered amine light stabilizers market.