Heptanoic Acid: Introduction
- Heptanoic acid is a vital organic element for the synthesis of a range of chemical compounds. Led by the high anti-corrosive profile of heptanoic acid and its exceptional performance at high and low thermal surroundings, it is widely employed in the form of esters for lubricants in industries such as automobile, aviation, refrigeration, and air-conditioning.
- Heptanoic acid is also used for gas chromatography analysis of volatile acids. It is employed in the preparation of pharmaceutical ingredients; and esterification of steroids.
- Heptanoic acid is a highly efficient corrosion inhibitor that protects iron, copper, zinc, and aluminum. When used as a salt derivative (sodium heptanoate), it exhibits good stability in hard water and inhibits calcium precipitation.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Heptanoic Acid Market
- Heptanoic acid possesses properties such as high thermal stability, good resistance to oxidation, low viscosity at low temperature, and low volatility at high temperature. Therefore, it is a first choice for lubricant applications.
- Rise in in demand for metalworking fluids is likely to propel the demand for heptanoic acid in the next few years, as it offers strong anti-corrosive properties
- Of late, demand for specialty lubricants has been rising owing to trends such as increase in construction activities, industrialization in emerging economies, and subsequent rise in demand for highly advanced equipment. Specialty lubricants is likely to be a lucrative area for the heptanoic acid market by 2030.
- Demand for heptanoic acid is expected to be steady as a flavoring agent in the cosmetics & personal care industry by 2030
- Stringent environmental regulations associated with the use of lubricants is projected to be a key factor limiting the demand for heptanoic acid during the forecast period
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Covid-19 Impact on Heptanoic Acid Market
- The global chemicals industry is expected to suffer more than other manufacturing sectors post the coronavirus pandemic, owing to the rise in prices of feedstock and poor demand
- The global spread of the COVID-19 has substantially disrupted supply chains in the global heptanoic acid market. Low production rates, stockpiled inventory issues, and decreased labor availability are likely to be significant supply-side factors hampering the heptanoic acid market in the immediate future. Weakened consumer sentiment is likely to hinder the global demand for heptanoic acid at least by 2023.
Heptanoic Acid Market: End-use Industry Segments
- Based on end-use industry, the global heptanoic acid market can be divided into automotive, aviation, HVAC, food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics & personal care, and others
- Heptanoic acid is widely used as a synthetic flavoring ingredient in the production of special lubricants for brake fluids. Demand for heptanoic acid estimated to be high in the automotive industry, especially for vinyl plasticizers and synthetic lubricants, wherein it is employed in the synthesis of polyol esters.
- The cosmetics & personal care industry indicates high potential for heptanoic acid in the near future, as it is used as a chemical intermediate in the synthesis of bio-based skin conditioning agents, emollients, and viscosity controlling agents such as glyceryl triheptanoate and stearyl heptanoate
- Demand for is anticipated to rise in the pharmaceuticals industry by 2030, particularly for the preparation of drugs including trenbolone enanthate, testosterone enanthate, drostanolone enanthate, and methenolone enanthate
North America to be Key Region of Global Heptanoic Acid Market
- In terms of region, the global heptanoic acid market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to lead the global heptanoic acid market during the forecast period. China’s leading position in production and consumption of heptanoic acid is expected to contribute to the region’s market share by 2030. Expanding manufacturing sector in India and Southeast Asian countries is likely to further propel the demand for heptanoic acid in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global heptanoic acid market was fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- ACME SYNTHETIC CHEMICALS
- Akshay Chemicals
- OQ Chemicals GmbH
Global Heptanoic Acid Market: Research Scope
Global Heptanoic Acid Market, by Grade
- Pharmaceutical Grade
- Food Grade
- Industrial Grade
Global Heptanoic Acid Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.