Heat Therapy Market: Introduction
- Heat therapy is primarily used to provide relief and comfort from pain. It is also known as thermotherapy. The therapy benefits patients with arthritis, muscle stiffness, and injuries to deep skin tissues. It can be used at home to provide relief from orthopedic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Heat therapy also plays an important role in rehabilitation. Decreasing joint stiffness, extensibility of collagen tissues, relieving muscle spasms, reducing pain & inflammation, and edema are some of the therapeutic effects of heat therapy.
- Moreover, heat therapy aids in the post-acute phase of healing by increasing the blood flow in the affected area
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Heat Therapy Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Heat Therapy Market
- The global heat therapy market is primarily driven by rise in prevalence of arthritis & other orthopedic conditions, increase in global trauma & accident cases, and surge in adoption of non-invasive pain management approaches
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 130 million people will suffer from osteoarthritis by 2050 across the world; of these, 40 million will be severely disabled by the disease
- Additionally, high incidence of chronic musculoskeletal disorders, rise in demand for heat therapy pads & wraps, and increase in the geriatric population are the other factors likely to boost the growth of the global heat therapy market
- According to United Nations statistics, the population aged 80 years or above stood at 125 million in 2015. It is expected rise to 202 million and 434 million in 2030 and 2050, respectively.
OTC Products Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- Based on product, the global heat therapy market can be bifurcated into OTC products and prescription-based devices. The OTC products segment can be categorized into packs, pads, wraps, and others.
- The OTC products segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period. OTC products such as heat packs, pads, and wraps are mostly used in pain management, especially among older patients, as these offer instant relief and comfort.
Musculoskeletal Disorders Segment to Capture Major Share of Global Market
- Based on application, the global heat therapy market can be classified into musculoskeletal disorders, sports medicine, post-operative therapy, and others. The musculoskeletal disorders segment is projected to witness significant growth owing to rise in prevalence of musculoskeletal disorders.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Heat Therapy Market, Request for a Sample
Home Care Segment to Offer Significant Opportunities
- In terms of distribution channel, the global heat therapy market can be categorized into hospitals & ambulatory surgical centers, clinics, home care, and others
- The home care segment is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace due to inclination of customers toward home care products, advancements in technology such as cold/hot wrap fused with knee braces or back, and rise in online marketing of OTC products by companies
North America to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global heat therapy market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global heat therapy market during the forecast period.
- Rise in emphasis on sports injuries, large pool of patients with musculoskeletal disorders, and increase in demand for heat therapy for treatment of lower extremity injuries among athletes and sportspersons are some of the factors anticipated to boost the growth of the market in North America
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global heat therapy market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for majority of the market share. Key players operating in the global heat therapy market are:
- DJO LLC
- ThermoTek, Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Halyard Worldwide, Inc.
- Kobayashi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Global Heat Therapy Market: Research Scope
Global Heat Therapy Market, by Product
- OTC Products
- Prescription-based Devices
Global Heat Therapy Market, by Application
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Sports Medicine
- Post-operative Therapy
Global Heat Therapy Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Home Care
Global Heat Therapy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.