Heat Therapy Market: Introduction
- Heat therapy is primarily used to provide relief and comfort from pain. It is also known as thermotherapy. The therapy benefits patients with arthritis, muscle stiffness, and injuries to deep skin tissues. It can be used at home to provide relief from orthopedic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Heat therapy also plays an important role in rehabilitation. Decreasing joint stiffness, extensibility of collagen tissues, relieving muscle spasms, reducing pain & inflammation, and edema are some of the therapeutic effects of heat therapy.
- Moreover, heat therapy aids in the post-acute phase of healing by increasing the blood flow in the affected area
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Heat Therapy Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Heat Therapy Market
- The global heat therapy market is primarily driven by rise in prevalence of arthritis & other orthopedic conditions, increase in global trauma & accident cases, and surge in adoption of non-invasive pain management approaches
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 130 million people will suffer from osteoarthritis by 2050 across the world; of these, 40 million will be severely disabled by the disease
- Additionally, high incidence of chronic musculoskeletal disorders, rise in demand for heat therapy pads & wraps, and increase in the geriatric population are the other factors likely to boost the growth of the global heat therapy market
- According to United Nations statistics, the population aged 80 years or above stood at 125 million in 2015. It is expected rise to 202 million and 434 million in 2030 and 2050, respectively.
OTC Products Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- Based on product, the global heat therapy market can be bifurcated into OTC products and prescription-based devices. The OTC products segment can be categorized into packs, pads, wraps, and others.
- The OTC products segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period. OTC products such as heat packs, pads, and wraps are mostly used in pain management, especially among older patients, as these offer instant relief and comfort.
Musculoskeletal Disorders Segment to Capture Major Share of Global Market
- Based on application, the global heat therapy market can be classified into musculoskeletal disorders, sports medicine, post-operative therapy, and others. The musculoskeletal disorders segment is projected to witness significant growth owing to rise in prevalence of musculoskeletal disorders.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Heat Therapy Market, Request for a Sample
Home Care Segment to Offer Significant Opportunities
- In terms of distribution channel, the global heat therapy market can be categorized into hospitals & ambulatory surgical centers, clinics, home care, and others
- The home care segment is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace due to inclination of customers toward home care products, advancements in technology such as cold/hot wrap fused with knee braces or back, and rise in online marketing of OTC products by companies
North America to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global heat therapy market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global heat therapy market during the forecast period.
- Rise in emphasis on sports injuries, large pool of patients with musculoskeletal disorders, and increase in demand for heat therapy for treatment of lower extremity injuries among athletes and sportspersons are some of the factors anticipated to boost the growth of the market in North America
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global heat therapy market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for majority of the market share. Key players operating in the global heat therapy market are:
- DJO LLC
- ThermoTek, Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Halyard Worldwide, Inc.
- Kobayashi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Global Heat Therapy Market: Research Scope
Global Heat Therapy Market, by Product
- OTC Products
- Prescription-based Devices
Global Heat Therapy Market, by Application
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Sports Medicine
- Post-operative Therapy
Global Heat Therapy Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Home Care
Global Heat Therapy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.