HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA Market
HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA Market (Product Type: Hydroxypropyl Acrylate [HPA], 2-Hydroxyethyl Acrylate [HEA], Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate [HPMA], and 2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate [HEMA]; Purity: Purity 90%-95%, Purity 95%-98%, and Purity Above 98%; and End Use: Paints & Coatings, Construction, Plastics & Rubbers, Personal Care, Adhesives, Printing Inks, Chemical Intermediates, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
COVID-19 Pandemic Impact: Demand Shortage Affects Business of Chemical Esters
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has slowed down economic activities worldwide. The second wave of the pandemic is surfacing in European countries, especially in France. Thus, a demand shortage has majorly affected business activities in the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market. Countries such as the U.S., Russia, Brazil, and India are reporting new COVID-19 cases every day. The high prevalence of unemployment is found to affect the spending capacity of consumers. Since HEA, HPA, HEMA, and HPMA esters are primarily used in the production of paints and coatings, manufacturers are losing out on business, since consumers are spending on essential products pertaining to F&B and cleaning items.
Lockdown restrictions have affected imports and exports of countries. However, companies in the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market are placing dynamic teams in organizations to maintain business continuity.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA Market
Demand for Skin-friendly Ingredients Fuels Innovation in Cosmetics
The high prevalence of PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) and skin-related problems in individuals are driving the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D efforts to develop cosmetic products that suit niche requirements of consumers. For instance, Paula’s Choice— a research-based skincare company in the U.S. is using hydroxypropyl acrylate as an emulsifier and texture enhancer in its cosmetic products. Moreover, several best-selling books on skincare and makeup are educating consumers about the use of various ingredients in cosmetic products.
Since personal care and cosmetic products are used in routine practices worldwide, manufacturers in the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market are increasing efforts to earn stable business grounds in this industry. The increasing demand for skin-friendly ingredients has fueled growth of the cosmetics and personal care industry. Hydroxypropyl acrylate, along with synthetic polymers such as sodium acryloyl dimethyl taurate is being used as stabilizer and opacifying agent in cosmetic products.
HEMA and HPMA Monomers Gain Prominence in Nail Enhancement Products
The HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market is estimated to cross US$ 750 Mn by the end of 2030. This is explained since manufacturers are using methacrylate ester monomers to produce nail enhancement products. Artificial nail builders undergo rapid polymerization to form a hard material on the nail, which is shaped later. As such, 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate (HEMA) monomers are being highly publicized in nail enhancement products compared to hydroxypropyl methacrylate (HPMA), as the former is a stronger sensitizer. Manufacturers in the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market are using both HEMA and HPMA, along with other ethacrylate esters to produce artificial nail builders.
Methacrylate esters accelerate the polymerization process and form cross-links. However, there is a lack of information by the regulatory authorities such as the FDA (Food & Drug Association) on whether HEMA and HPMA monomers are fit for production of nail enhancement products.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Biomedical and Bioengineering Industries Create Business Opportunities for Manufacturers
There is a demand for acrylate-based hydrogels in the delivery of contact lenses, therapeutics, and wound dressings, among other products. However, these hydrogels are found to have poor physical and biological properties in certain applications. Such limitations of 2-hydroxyethyl acrylate (HEA) reflect in the sluggish CAGR of ~3% of the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market. Hence, manufacturers are innovating in new acrylic-based hydrogels designed as multicomponent systems such as nanocomposite materials and interpenetrated polymer networks. This strategy is a growing phenomenon in the biomedical and bioengineering industry.
Hydrogels are primarily used in wound care applications. Apart from paints & coatings, manufacturers in the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market are tapping incremental opportunities in the healthcare industry, since improved acrylic-based hydrogels are being preferred in the delivery of wound dressings, bone cements, and regenerative medicines.
HEA Plays Key Role in Adhesives and Industrial Coatings Production
Companies in the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market are increasing their production capabilities to manufacture adhesives, concrete additives, and UV (ultra violet) curables. For instance, Jamorin International— a provider of specialty chemicals based in the U.K. is increasing its marketing efforts to create awareness about its monomers such as HEA, which are being used to manufacture automotive and industrial coatings. HEA is combined with salts, amides, and maleic esters to produce film formers, binders, and coatings.
Low-VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) and scratch resistance attributes of HEA are gaining popularity in the adhesives and sealants industry. Apart from coatings, manufacturers in the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market are exploring growth opportunities in plastic and adhesives production. They are taking important measures to ensure proper handling and storage of monomers.
HPMA Delivers Improved Adhesive Properties in Hybrid Metal Bonding Products for Automobiles
The 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate is being used with HEA, HPA, and HEMA to manufacture pressure-sensitive adhesives. Butyl acrylate-acrylic acid copolymers have greater adhesive strength and cohesiveness as compared to poly (n-butyl acrylate). Hydroxyl groups are found to improve adhesive properties of tapes, owing to the attributes of hydrogen bonding. Hence, manufacturers in the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market are increasing their production capacities to increase sales of adhesive tapes. As such, HPMA and HEMA are serving as alternatives to MMA (Methyl Methacrylate) for the production of hybrid metal bonding products in the automotive assembly environment.
Chemical resistance and adhesion properties of HEA are highly preferred in the production of automotive coatings and concrete additives.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA Market
Manufacturers are adopting strategic measures during the COVID-19 crisis to maintain steady supply chains with end users, especially for project-critical applications. Methacrylate ester monomers are gaining increased popularity in nail enhancement products. However, meth acrylate chemicals are causing a contact allergy epidemic in Ireland and the U.K. Hence, companies in the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market should educate users to wear nitrile gloves in salons while applying gel-polish manicures and create awareness about allergic reactions in people. On the other hand, hydroxyethyl acrylate is acquiring prominence in skin care products, as it is useful as a texture enhancer, thickener, and opacifying agent in products.
HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA Market: Overview
- Hydroxypropyl acrylate or HPA is readily miscible with water and a majority of organic solvents. It is prepared by the addition of propylene oxide to acrylic acid. Hydroxypropyl acrylate is a functional monomer that is primarily used to manufacture cross-linkable polymer coatings and adhesives.
- 2-Hydroxyethyl acrylate or HEA is a hydroxyl group containing vinyl monomer. It is an acrylic monomer primarily used to manufacture UV inks, adhesives, lacquers, artificial nails, thermosetting acrylic resins, etc. HEA is also used to manufacture amphiphilic block copolymers.
- Hydroxypropyl methacrylate or HPMA is an ester of methacrylic acid. HPMA is non-toxic, non-volatile, and non-yellowing. It copolymerizes readily with monomers.
- 2-Hydroxyethyl methacrylate or HEMA is an organic compound, which readily polymerizes. It is an ester of acrylic acid and used in the synthesis of polymers. It is a monomer used to manufacture various polymers. HEMA is used to produce UV-curable inks and coatings.
- HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA are used in paints & coatings, adhesives, plastic & rubbers, printing inks, construction, personal care, chemical intermediates, etc.
- Rise in usage of water-based coatings in architecture and construction industries across the globe is expected to boost the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market during the forecast period
- Use of HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA in water-based coating formulation enhances the physical properties of the formulation. It provides better water resistance, low temperature flexibility, excellent weathering, and sunlight resistance. Water-based coatings are environment-friendly and odorless as compared to solvent-based coatings. Thus, water-based coatings are preferred over solvent-based coatings.
- Per capita consumption of paints and coatings is rising significantly across the globe, primarily in developing economies such as China, India, Brazil, and countries in ASEAN. The paints & coatings market in South Asia is expanding significantly, owing to the increase in construction activities in the sub-region. Therefore, increase in the consumption of paints and coatings is anticipated to propel the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market during the forecast period.
- Volatile and unstable global markets have widespread implications on manufacturing companies. Rise in costs of energy and fluctuations in prices of raw materials destabilize supply chains. These factors are anticipated to hamper the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market during the forecast period.
Increase in Demand for Paints and Coatings to Drive HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA Market
- The global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market has been segmented based on product type, purity, end use, and region. In terms of product type, the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market has been divided into Hydroxypropyl Acrylate (HPA), 2-Hydroxyethyl Acrylate (HEA), Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate (HPMA), and 2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate (HEMA).
- In terms of revenue, the HEMA segment held a major share of the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market in 2019. HEMA is used to produce UV-curable inks and water-based coatings. Growth in the demand for paints and coatings across the globe is projected to propel the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market during the forecast period.
- In terms of purity, the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market has been segregated into purity 90%-95%, purity 95%-98%, and purity above 98%
- Purity 95%-98% is projected to be a highly lucrative segment of the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market during the forecast period. Majority of companies produce HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA in purity 95%-98%. Thus, this purity of HEA, HPA, HEMA, and HPMA is extensively used in various technical applications.
- Based on end use, the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market has been segregated into paints & coatings, construction, plastics & rubbers, personal care, adhesives, printing inks, chemical intermediates, and others
- Paints & coatings is likely to be a highly lucrative segment of the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the increase in demand for water-based coatings across the globe.
Key Regional Highlights
- In terms of region, the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market has been classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle & Africa
- Asia Pacific was the leading region of the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market in 2019, due to presence of developing economies, rise in income of the middle-class population, and increase in population in the region
- North America, primarily the U.S., holds considerable share of the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market. Increase in demand for HEA, HPA, HEMA and HPMA as binders in varnishes and paints, architectural coatings, adhesives, fibers, and building and construction materials is driving the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market in North America.
- Germany accounted for a large share of the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market in Europe in 2019
- Rise in demand for water-based coatings and presence of advanced technologies are driving the HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market in Italy
HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA Market: Competition Landscape
- The global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market is consolidated with the presence of few international and domestic players
- Prominent players operating in the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market include
- The Dow Chemical Company
- BASF SE
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holding (MCHC)
- NIPPON SHOKUBAI CO., LTD.
- OSAKA ORGANIC CHEMICAL INDUSTRY LTD.
- Röhm GmbH
- Polysciences Inc.
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Changzhou Hickory Chemical Co., Ltd
- Monomer-Polymer & Dajac Lab
- Heze Chang Sheng Yuan Technology Co., LTD.
- Chizhou Fangda Science and Technology Co., Ltd.
HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market provides readers with an assessment of the landscape of the market with the help of a comprehensive outlook. This study on the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market analyzes the market for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year. The report enables readers to make important decisions regarding their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
TMR’s study on the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with the competition analysis. The report also provides an understanding of drivers, restraints, opportunities, and market trends.
Key Questions Answered in HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA Market Report
- How much revenue is the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market?
- What are the factors anticipated to drive the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market during the forecast period?
- Which is likely to be a highly lucrative region of the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders of the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market?
This report answers these questions about the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market by using bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market, along with an overview of the market, is provided on the basis of a careful examination of growth opportunities. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA Market – Segmentation
This report on the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market segments the market based on product type, purity, end use, and region.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and the impact of various factors that are driving the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market, along with their influence on the growth of the market.
The study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis and value chain analysis of the global HEA, HPA, HEMA, & HPMA market in order to elaborate on crucial growth strategies of players operating in the regional market.