Graphite Coatings Market
Graphite Coatings Market (Application: Dry Lubrication, Anti-seize Agents, Release Agents, and Others [Thermal Conductive Agents and Anti-corrosion Agents]; and End User: Advanced Batteries & Transistors, Automotive, Solar Cells, Displays, Sensors, Composites, Metal Coatings, and Others [Medical, Energy, and Textile]) – Global & U.S. Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Advancements in Nanotechnology to Drive Demand for Nanomaterials Including Graphite Coatings
Over the past decade, graphite coatings have garnered immense popularity as a viable, effective, and high-quality coatings alternative for use in various applications. The automotive sector is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to market players operating in the global & U.S. graphite coatings market during the forecast period. A glaring trend that is likely to attract the interest of investors and other stakeholders operating in the global & U.S. graphite coatings market landscape is the increasing popularity of graphite coatings in comparison with that of ceramic coatings. Research and development activities are anticipated to play a strong role in the development of the global & U.S. graphite coatings market during the assessment period.
The surge in the demand for nanomaterials following advancements made by nanotechnology is one of the major factors propelling the demand for graphite coatings in recent years. While the industrial sector is expected to have a higher market share in terms of demand and value, market players are projected to leverage opportunities in the commercial sector to gain a competitive edge. Moreover, owing to favorable physical as well as functional characteristics of graphite, the demand continues to move in the upward direction.
Graphite coatings are increasingly being used in a range of applications, including metal powder sintering, injection molding, metal casting, brazing, and welding.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Graphite Coatings Market
Graphite Coatings Likely to Replace Ceramic Coatings during Assessment Period
Although the demand for ceramic coatings in the U.S. has witnessed growth, in the upcoming years, graphite coatings are likely to replace ceramic coatings in a range of applications in various end-use industries. The improved functional parameters of graphite coatings in comparison with ceramic coatings coupled with increasing number of consumer complaints related to water spots linked with ceramic coatings have played an imperative role in boosting the growth of the global & U.S. graphite coatings market. Due to chemical properties and the honeycomb structure, there is a considerably lower risk of water evaporation at the surface and water spots– a factor that is expected to have a strong impact on the growth of the global & U.S. graphite coatings market during the forecast period.
The favorable thermal and electrical conductivity properties of graphite is another factor that has led to a considerable surge in the demand for graphite coatings from the U.S. automotive sector. The ease of application, anti-repellant, and improved conductive properties of graphite in comparison with ceramic is projected to increase the demand for graphite coatings in the upcoming years. According to researchers and a number of scientists around the world, graphene has emerged as the strongest, thinnest material in the world due to which, graphite coatings have become the go-to protective solutions in recent years.
While the automotive sector is anticipated to provide a number of opportunities to players in the global & U.S. graphite coatings market, the aerospace industry is set to emerge as a prominent end-use industry.
Market Players Focus on Forging Strategic Alliances to Improve Market Position
Players operating in the global & U.S. graphite coatings market landscape are expected to rely on organic and inorganic growth strategies to improve their position in the competitive market landscape. A number of companies is also focusing on restructuring their operational procedures and growth strategies in line with the current market landscape. For instance, in December 2020, ZEN Graphene Solutions announced that the company is set to undergo a corporate reorganization– a move that is likely to improve the company’s product development and R&D foundation. Mergers and acquisitions are rife in the global & U.S. graphite coatings market and the trend is set to continue during the forecast period. For instance, in August 2018, Asbury Carbons announced the acquisition of Process Engineering Corporation (PEC).
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Trade Tension and Declining Demand in 2020 to Hinder Market Growth amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a strong influence on the demand for graphite coatings in 2020. Stringent lockdown measures imposed by governments around the world coupled with the temporary shutdown of industries in the second quarter of 2020 have led to a considerable decline in the demand for graphite coatings. This factor is estimated to hinder the growth of the global & U.S. graphite coatings market. In addition, trade tension between the U.S. and China coupled with the results of the U.S. elections could have a strong impact on the supply chain of raw materials, which, in turn, is anticipated to influence the growth of the global & U.S. graphite coatings market in 2020.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Graphite Coatings Market
The global & U.S. graphite coatings market is expected to expand at a healthy CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to a host of factors including expansion of the global automotive sector, increase in demand for graphite coatings in comparison with ceramic coatings, rise in interest toward graphite coatings from the aerospace sector, and emphasis on R&D activities. Players operating in the global & U.S. graphite coatings market landscape should focus on forging strategic alliances with small to medium-sized players to improve their market value and position.
Global & U.S. Graphite Coatings Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global and U.S. graphite coatings market for the forecast period 2020–2030, rise in usage of graphite coatings in advanced batteries & transistors, automotive, solar cells, displays, sensors, composites, and metal coatings is a key factor that is expected to boost the global and U.S. graphite coatings market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global graphite coatings market was valued at US$ 617.4 Mn in 2019 and is anticipated to reach US$ 1 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period. On the other hand, the graphite coatings market in the U.S. is likely to reach US$ 153.1 Mn by 2030.
Increase in Sales of Lithium-ion Batteries and Electric Vehicles: Key Driver
- Lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery is an advanced battery technology that uses lithium ions as key components of electrochemistry. Lithium-ion batteries can use a number of different materials as electrodes. Widely used combination is that of lithium cobalt oxide (cathode) and graphite (anode). The graphite coated anode enhances the overall operational efficiency.
- In July 2019, Toyota invested around US$ 2 Bn in the development of electric vehicles in Indonesia. The Ford Motor Company has also invested more than US$ 1.45 Bn in its two manufacturing facilities in Michigan, the U.S. Tesla, a leading player in the U.S. hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) industry, plans to increase investments in its manufacturing facility in Shanghai, China; and Fremont, California, the U.S. The strategy to boost the manufacture of new electric cars in the near future is estimated to drive the demand for auto lithium-ion batteries over the next few years.
- Demand for batteries is high in the automotive sector, especially in electric vehicles that use rechargeable batteries such as lithium-ion batteries on a large scale. Lithium-ion batteries use graphite coated anodes, as they cope well with the flow of lithium ions during the charging and discharging cycle.
- Advent of new generation energy-hungry electronic devices, such as digital cameras, camera phones, and high performance portable computing devices, is projected to drive the demand for lithium-ion batteries in the near future. Additionally, sale of electric vehicles has been increasing across the globe. This is likely to boost the consumption of graphite coatings, thereby driving the graphite coatings market.
- Rise in demand for fuel-efficient, lightweight, and high-performance vehicles with low emissions in the U.S. is expected to drive the demand for batteries in the country in the near future
- Thus, increase in consumption of lithium-ion batteries is anticipated to boost the demand for graphite coatings during the forecast period
Applications of Graphite Coatings
- Graphite coatings offer optimal resistance at high temperatures and in highly corrosive environments. Heat losses are minimalized, while thermal conduction is optimized. Graphite coatings are also used for lubrication of metal, plastics, or rubber parts without using grease.
- Demand for graphite coatings is rising in the industrial machining sector due to its excellent isostatic qualities and ideal homogeneity. Graphite coatings do not absorb moisture. Graphite coatings also do not deform, burst, or shrink due to thermal stress. Graphite coatings are applied on pistons, gears, and various other engine components as dry lubricants to reduce friction.
- Graphite is a mineral and a form of pure carbon. It is highly conductive; hence, it is primarily used in making conductive materials. Graphite powder is used as a highly effective conductive filler. Conductive graphite coatings can be used in cellphones, tablets, computers, television screens, and other displays. Graphite coatings can also serve as protective coatings with superior chemical, moisture, corrosion, UV, and fire resistance properties.
Global Graphite Coatings Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturers of graphite coatings have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Prominent players operating in the global graphite coatings market are
- Final Advanced Materials
- CONDAT Corporation
- Elcora Advanced Materials Corp.
- Van Sickle Paint Mfg. Company
- Imerys Graphite & Carbon
- Asbury Carbons
Global Graphite Coatings Market: Key Developments
- Key manufacturers such as Final Advanced Materials, CONDAT Corporation, and Elcora Advanced Materials Corp. are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies to expand business operations. Some key developments in the global graphite coatings market have been highlighted below:
- In April 2017, Asbury Carbon Inc. acquired coating and lubricant businesses — Slip Plat and SureCoat — from the U.S.-based Superior Graphite to expand its downstream presence in order to offset the sluggish growth in the graphite market
- In February 2017, Imerys increased its presence in the lithium-ion battery supply chain through the acquisition of Nippon Power Graphite (NPG), a Japan-based anode material producer. The acquisition also gave Imerys the access to NPG’s patented CVD coating technology for coated anode material production.
- In August 2018, Asbury Carbons, a leading player in the graphite market, acquired the U.S.-based Process Engineering Corporation (PEC), a leading supplier of graphite coated canvas
- In the global & U.S. graphite coatings market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of graphite coatings. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global graphite coatings market.
Global & U.S. Graphite Coatings Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global & U.S. graphite coatings market to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the global & U.S. graphite coatings market. The study also identifies growth avenues for market stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the global & U.S. graphite coatings market is likely to expand during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global & U.S. graphite coatings market that can aid companies operating in the market in making strategic business decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the flooring & wall covering industry with respect to the global graphite coatings market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the global & U.S. graphite coatings market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (kilo tons) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global & U.S. graphite coatings market, along with key information and a competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of key players operating across the global & U.S. graphite coatings market, wherein various market developments and growth strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Global & U.S. Graphite Coatings Market
The report provides detailed information about the global & U.S. graphite coatings market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global & U.S. graphite coatings market, which would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which application segment of the global & U.S. graphite coatings market would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global as well as U.S. graphite coatings market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global graphite coatings market?
- Which end user segment is expected to generate maximum revenue in the global & U.S. graphite coatings market during the forecast period?
Research Methodology – Global & U.S. Graphite Coatings Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global & U.S. graphite coatings market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global & U.S. graphite coatings market.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global graphite coatings market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global & U.S. graphite coatings market.
Global & U.S. Graphite Coatings Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the global & U.S. graphite coatings market in terms of application and end user. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different market segments and explains how they are influencing the global & U.S. graphite coatings market.