Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market
Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market (Gonococcal Infection: Uncomplicated Gonococcal Infection, Gonococcal Arthritis, Gonococcal Meningitis, and Endocarditis; Treatment: Monotherapy and Dual Therapy; Route of Administration: Oral and Injectable; Gender: Women and Men; Distribution Channel: Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market - High Scope of Advancement with Curative Approach
Improved sensitivity of early diagnostic screening tools has highlighted grave concerns regarding the surge in gonorrhea incidences. As per a survey conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 555,608 cases of gonorrhea were reported in 2017, in the U.S., demonstrating an increase of 18.6% from 2009. These figures have hard-pressed the governments of numerous countries to take preventive and curative measures for relegating the prevalence of gonorrhea.
According to the gonorrhea therapeutics market research report published by Transparency Market Research (TMR), women are more susceptible to this disease than men, and the number of women availing therapeutics is on an exponential increase, thereby making women the key demographic of the market. The scramble of market players towards addressing the issue at the grass-root level has engendered several vaccines, including 4CMenB and rLP2086, which harbingers steady growth prospects for the landscape. However, literatures claiming the progressive resistance of gonorrhea to therapeutics could surface uncertainties regarding market advancement.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market
'Women More Susceptible to Gonorrhea than Men', finds TMR Study
The connection of gonorrhea with infertility has accelerated the pace of research & development activities among market players to introduce effective therapeutics to combat this public health threat. A research team at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences discovered a novel antibiotic - zoliflodacin - to inhibit bacteria’s DNA synthesis with a differentiated approach than current antibiotics, which was well-received by the FDA, and the same has been marketed as an oral treatment for gonorrhea. Besides oral drugs, medical personnel recommend dual therapy over monotherapy, given the growing resistance of Neisseria Gonorrhoeae to antibiotics.
A majority of women with gonorrhea show subtle signs of ongoing damage to the uterine tract, which, if left untreated, could cause involuntary infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or even chronic pelvic pain. As a result, this TMR study identifies that, the number of women availing gonorrhea therapeutics is projected to rise at a CAGR of ~6% during 2019-2027, with uncomplicated gonococcal infection being the leading cause.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Why Partnerships with Hospital Pharmacies Could be Profitable
The sales of gonorrhea therapeutics are projected to witness significant uptake from hospital pharmacies, as hospitals remain preferred care centers for patients diagnosed with gonorrhea. According to TMR’s estimates, hospital pharmacies will account for a value tantamount to ~US$ 548 Mn in 2019, out of which, ~37% of sales will come from hospital pharmacies based in North America alone.
Propitious environment for the growth of the healthcare sector in North America that is attributable to the intervention of the government in creating awareness regarding the prevalence of diseases, and hefty financial allocations for R&D activities are also likely to reflect on the advancement of the gonorrhea therapeutics market. Currently, North America monopolizes the gonorrhea therapeutics market; however, the Asia Pacific market holds profitable prospects on account of the growing sprawl of bacterial infections. On top of it, improvements in healthcare infrastructure coupled with financial lucidity of individuals has encouraged a large base to opt for effective gonorrhea therapeutics.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Authors of the report opine that, the gonorrhea therapeutics market will rise from ~US$ 1.4 Bn in 2019 to ~US$ 2 Bn in 2027, representing a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period, with the shifting paradigm from a preventive to curative healthcare approach. A heated competitive landscape in the global pharmaceutical vicinity is encouraging market players to penetrate into new markets to channelize the supply of therapeutics and consolidate their market position.
However, the same is not achieved only by forward integration but also by inorganic practices such as acquisitions, mergers, and collaborations, in order to establish distribution partnerships with regional and local players. For instance, AstraZeneca announced the acquisition of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited to expand in regions with high growth potential. To add to that, market players can prioritize investments towards the development of vaccines to infiltrate into the market with a curative approach
Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market: Overview
- The global gonorrhea therapeutics market is projected to be valued at ~US$ 1.4 Bn in 2019, and expand at a CAGR of ~5.3% from 2019 to 2027. The rising prevalence of the disease and increasing use of new diagnostic tests are key factors that fuel the global gonorrhea therapeutics market.
- Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted infection caused by a bacterium, and can be transmitted through sexual contact. All people who are sexually active may be at the risk of acquiring gonorrhea. Gonorrhea can infect the urethra (the tube that allows urine and semen to pass out of the body), cervix, rectum, throat, mouth, and eyes. Though, several people suffering from gonorrhea do not exhibit any symptoms.
- If symptoms do occur, they usually appear one to seven days after an infection. Symptoms can include vaginal pain, painful urination, and an abnormal discharge from the vagina, urethra, or rectum. Gonorrhea tests include obtaining samples from the sites of suspected infection and testing for the presence of the bacteria.
- Gonorrhea can be treated and cured using antibiotics; however, some strains of gonorrhea have become resistant to a few antibiotics. Gonorrhea can increase the risk of the sexual transmission of HIV.
- Gonorrhea can be transmitted through sexual intercourse. Transmission occurs when secretions from infected mucous membranes or semen of a person with a urethral infection come into contact with the mucous membranes of another person. Condom-less penetrative vaginal sex and anal sex are significantly high risk behaviors for the transmission of gonorrhea. Gonorrhea can be transmitted when a person who has an infection in the mouth or throat performs oral sex on another person, or when a person performs oral sex on a person who has a genital infection.
Global Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Rising Prevalence of Gonorrhea: Gonorrhea is the second-most commonly reported notifiable disease in the U.S. Infections due to Neisseria gonorrhea, such as those resulting from Chlamydia trachomatis, are a major cause of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) in the U.S. Moreover, epidemiologic and biologic studies provide evidence that gonococcal infections facilitate the transmission of HIV infection.
- Emergence of Antibiotic-Resistant Gonococcal Strain: CDC data highlights the rising resistance to one of the two antibiotics in the dual therapy for gonorrhea, a development that threatens the last remaining effective treatment for the disease. N. gonorrhea has progressively developed resistance to each of the antimicrobials used for the treatment of gonorrhea. Declining susceptibility to cefixime resulted in a change to the CDC treatment guidelines in 2015, so that dual therapy with ceftriaxone and azithromycin is presently the only CDC recommended treatment regimen for gonorrhea.
Global Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market: Segment Analysis
- The global gonorrhea therapeutics market has been segmented based on gonococcal infection, treatment, route of administration, gender, distribution channel and region
- In terms of gonococcal infection, the global gonorrhea therapeutics market has been classified into uncomplicated gonococcal infection, gonococcal arthritis, gonococcal meningitis, and endocarditis. In terms of treatment, the global gonorrhea therapeutics market has been classified into monotherapy and dual therapy. In terms of route of administration, the global gonorrhea therapeutics market has been classified into oral and injectable. In terms of gender, the global gonorrhea therapeutics market has been bifurcated into women and men.
- The uncomplicated gonococcal infection segment is projected to dominate the gonorrhea therapeutics market by the end of 2019. It is projected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period too.
- Based on distribution channel, the global gonorrhea therapeutics market has been divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online pharmacies, and others. The hospitals pharmacies segment is estimated to dominate the gonorrhea therapeutics market by the end of 2019.
Global Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global gonorrhea therapeutics market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa.
- North America
- North America dominated the global gonorrhea therapeutics market in 2018 due to the growing prevalence of STDs and rapid advances in healthcare infrastructure in the region.
- According to a recent study by the World Health Organization, in the U.S. alone, ~1 million cases of gonorrhea are reported annually. Favorable reimbursement policies and government funding to numerous health organizations for the development of drug-resistant gonorrhea treatment are projected to remain the key drivers of the gonorrhea therapeutics market in the region.
- The gonorrhea therapeutics market in Europe is anticipated to expand at a considerable growth rate in the near future, owing to the increasing incidence of gonococcal infection in the region. Gonorrhea is the second-most notified sexually transmitted infection in Europe, after chlamydia.
- Asia Pacific
- The gonorrhea therapeutics market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period, due to a large patient pool and rise in investments in healthcare in countries such as China in the region.
Global Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global gonorrhea therapeutics market include
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Pfizer Inc
- Hologic, Inc.
- Becton Dickinson and Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- These players are adopting strategies such as new product development, partnerships, and acquisitions to remain competitive in the global gonorrhea therapeutics market.
Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market - Scope of the Study
[186 Pages Report] Transparency Market Research (TMR), in its latest business study, identifies significant growth opportunities present in the gonorrhea therapeutics market for the forecast period of 2019-2027. The comprehensive business study traces significant trends and recent developments encircling the gonorrhea therapeutics landscape. In addition, it provides intelligent industry insights into the gonorrhea therapeutics market by lending an incisive assessment of the key drivers, restraints, threats, and opportunities.
This comprehensive business study offers a detailed assessment of the demand and supply chain in the gonorrhea therapeutics market. This exclusive guide determines the macroeconomic as well as microeconomic parameters that help in comprehending the growth of the gonorrhea therapeutics market during the forecast period.
The gonorrhea therapeutics market size has been evaluated in terms of value (US$ Mn). Information included in this exhaustive research report can aid stakeholders in the gonorrhea therapeutics market in determining profitable growth opportunities for their business advancement.
This exclusive research report also uncovers an in-depth SWOT assessment of the leading, prominent, and emerging market players operating in the gonorrhea therapeutics market. This assessment will aid stakeholders gain an incisive perspective apropos of the growth of the gonorrhea therapeutics market.
This in-depth business guide assesses and includes Porter’s Five Forces to provide key growth strategies present in the gonorrhea therapeutics market during the forecast period. This exclusive guide provides key information about the competition present in the gonorrhea therapeutics market by identifying key competitors. The exclusive report also includes key strategies, financials, and notable developments present in the gonorrhea therapeutics market during the forecast period of 2019-2027.
Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market - Key Questions Answered
An exclusive business study published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) offers intelligent insights apropos of the growth of the gonorrhea therapeutics market, through which stakeholders operating in the market can gain an edge over their competitors. Authors of the report assess the gonorrhea therapeutics market, and provide data and numbers demonstrating the impact of the influential trends and key developments in the industry. The global study addresses the key questions of stakeholders in the gonorrhea therapeutics market.
- What are the recent developments and market shifts observed in the gonorrhea therapeutics market?
- What are the key winning imperatives for leading and prominent players functioning in the gonorrhea therapeutics market?
- What are the significant trends stimulating the growth of the gonorrhea therapeutics market?
- Which distribution channel will draw significant sales in the gonorrhea therapeutics market?
Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market - Research Methodology
Research carried out by analysts at TMR includes a robust research approach that includes both, primary and secondary research. In order to carry out primary research, discussions were scheduled with distributors, industry experts, vendors, and key opinion leaders. This significantly helps in assessing the demand-supply gap in the gonorrhea therapeutics market.
For carrying out secondary research, company websites, marketing collaterals, press releases, industry associations, and statistics presented by government websites were referred to.
Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market - Segmentation
In order to present an incisive view of the gonorrhea therapeutics market, analysts and researchers of the report have segregated the gonorrhea therapeutics market based on the gonococcal infection, treatment, route of administration, gender, distribution channel, and region. This comprehensive business study also analyzes the incremental opportunity present in the gonorrhea therapeutics market during the forecast period. The key segments of the gonorrhea therapeutics market are as mentioned below:
Uncomplicated Gonococcal Infection
Gonococcal Meningitis and Endocarditis
Route of Administration
Middle East & Africa