Glycomics Market: Introduction
- Glycomics is the study of structure and function of a complete set of glycans and glycoconjugates produced in a given cell or organism
- Glycans is a structure of sugar molecules conjugated to proteins and lipids. These are the most abundant and structurally diverse class of molecules present in nature.
- Glycans are directly involved in most biological processes and play a major role in nearly every human disease
- Glycomics is a new approach and research is being led on its various applications. Therefore, major players of the glycomics market are collaborating with research & academic institutes for the development of newer methods. For instance, Agilent Technologies collaborated with the University of Southern California to encourage scientists in the field of diagnostics, new medication development, and clinical gadgets.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers and Restrains of Global Glycomics Market
- In last decade, there has been a rapid growth of glycomics, lipidomics and metabolomics fields that explain cellular compounds which are not produced by genetic template-driven method, but instead are products of biosynthetic pathways created by a cell’s proteome. These new fields, in combination with the more mature fields of genomics, proteomics, and transcriptomics, are currently generating a more comprehensive view of cellular function in normal as well as in disease cell physiology. Increase in technological advancement is anticipated to drive the global glycomics market.
- The field of human serum glycomics has witnessed studies regarding strong affiliations between changes in glycan structure and different diseases, stages of diseases and characteristics, changes in circulating tumor cells, and age-related changes to our physiology. These relations are uncovering new insights into how disease initiates. Continuous research and development activities in the field of glycomics are projected to fuel the global market during the forecast period.
- Rise in government driven initiatives is likely to increase the funding for R&D, which is estimated to lead to an increased requirement for glycomics techniques. For instance, the Government of Australia invested around US$ 10.4 billion for scientific research and development activities in 2018.
- Rise in mergers is limiting the entry of new players, which is hampering the glycomics market
- Any medical device or process involved in disease diagnostic or treatment has to follow a long approval process, which is a key factor restraining the global market
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Glycomics Market, Request for a Sample
North America to Lead Global Glycomics Market
- In terms of region, the global glycomics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America leads the global glycomics market, and this trend is estimated to continue in the next few years. This can be attributed to an increase in R&D investments in pharmaceutical companies & research institutes for new drug development and the presence of major research laboratories, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology companies in the region.
- Europe follows North America in terms of share of the global glycomics market. Rising demand for personalized medicine and technological advancement & development in glycomics instrumentation are projected to propel the glycomics market in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period, due to the presence of a large patient pool and cost convenient clinical trials along with availability of skilled workforce
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a steady pace due to rapidly developing economies, presence of major players, and evolving infrastructure of healthcare in these regions
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Glycomics Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Merck KGaA
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Glyco Expression Technologies, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- New England Biolabs
- Asparia Glycomics
- Vector Laboratories
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- glyconet Berlin Brandenburg e. V.
- CANADIAN GLYCOMICS NETWORK (GLYCONET)
- RayBiotech, Inc.
Global Glycomics Market: Research Scope
Global Glycomics Market, by Product Type
- Antibody Arrays
- Lectin Arrays
- Mass Spectrometers
- Other Glycomics Instruments
- Glycan Labeling Kits
- Glycan Purification Kits
- Glycan Release Kits
Global Glycomics Market, by Route of administration
- Drug Discovery & Development
Global Glycomics Market, by End-user
- Academic Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Research Organizations
Global Glycomics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.