Global Piroctone Olamine Market: Introduction
- Piroctone olamine is an antifungal agent that contains an ethanolamine salt of the hydroxamic acid derivative piroctone. Piroctone olamine is primarily used in anti-dandruff shampoos as a substitution for the commonly used compound zinc pyrithione.
- Piroctone olamineis used with other materials in shampoos to reduce the dandruff levels. At the same time, it helps in hair conditioning. Furthermore, it helps prevent hair fall, and boosts hair growth.
- Malassezia globosa fungus causes dandruff in hairs and in severe cases, inflammation, redness, seborrheic dermatitis, and extremely itchy patches. Piroctone olamine helps control the spread of the Malassezia globosa fungus.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Piroctone Olamine Market
- Increase in demand for piroctone olamine in skin care and hair care products is expected to boost the global piroctone olamine market during the forecast period
- Rise in preference for piroctone olamine over ketoconazole and zinc pyrithione is the primary driver of the piroctone olamine market. In several controlled clinical trials conducted by various researchers, piroctone olamine has been proven to be superior to ketoconazole and zinc pyrithione. A study undertaken by NCBI compared these three ingredients and observed that the usage of piroctone olamine helps reduce the hair fall by 16.5%. According to National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS),piroctone olamine could induce apoptosis and lead to a significant in vivo effect against myeloma.
Global Piroctone Olamine Market: Type Segment
- Based on type, the global piroctone olamine market can be bifurcated into purity more than 99% and purity more than 98%. Purity more than 99% segment held the larger share of the market in 2020 and is likely to maintain its dominance during the forecast period.
- 99% pure piroctone olamine is more soluble in water and oil compared to 98% pure piroctone olamine. Therefore, demand for 99% pure piroctone olamine is higher among shampoo and other application manufacturers.
- 99% purity also shows high solubility in 1-10% ethanol in water and other aqueous solutions
Global Piroctone Olamine Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global piroctone olamine market can be divided into shampoo & hair care, skin care, nail care, washing products, and make-up.
- Major share of the global piroctone olamine market is held by shampoo & hair care segment due to anti-fungal properties of piroctone olamine
- Prevalence of dandruff has become common among adults. As a result, demand for products that help control dandruff is rising, thus propelling the piroctone olamine market.
COVID-19 Impact on Global Piroctone Olamine Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected the piroctone olamine market due to the lockdowns imposed by governments of many countries
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Piroctone Olamine Market
- In terms of region, the piroctone olamine market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global piroctone olamine market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific dominates the global piroctone olamine market due to the growing population, urbanization, and disposable income of the population. Less stringent norms and standards for the use of raw materials or ingredients for the manufacture of packaging products; and easy availability of cheap labor are encouraging major players to expand their operations in the region.
- The piroctone olamine market in Europe has been expanding due to high demand for skin care, cosmetics, and hair care products in the region. According to Cosmetics Europe, the European trade association for the cosmetics and personal care industry, France was one of the global leaders in exporting cosmetics.
- Saudi Arabia and the UAE are expected to drive the demand for cosmetic products in Middle East & Africa during the forecast period due to increasing demand for cosmetics in these countries. Thus, increasing demand for cosmetic products is boosting the demand for piroctone olamine.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Piroctone Olamine Market
The piroctone olaminemarket was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the piroctone olaminemarket include:
- Spec Chem Group
- Yantai Aurora Chemical
- Kumar Organic Products
- Chemspec Chemicals
- Hubei Dixin Chemical
- 3C Pharmchem
- Somu Group
- Kolon Life Science
- Shandong Chuangying Chemical Co., Ltd
- Merck KGaA
- JSN Chemicals LTD
- Junwee Chemical Co.,Ltd
Piroctone Olamine Market: Research Scope
Piroctone Olamine Market, by Type
- Purity More Than 99%
- Purity more than 98%
Piroctone Olamine Market, by Application
- Shampoo & Hair Care
- Skin Care
- Nail Care
- Washing Products
Piroctone Olamine Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.