Prefilled glass syringes rapidly gaining traction in the European glass syringes market
Some of the globally leading glass product manufacturers, such as Gerresheimer AG, have found great opportunity in the expanding medical devices industry, and are operating at the forefront of providing medical devices such as glass syringes. Two types of syringes are used across the globe for the direct injection of fluids, plastic syringes and glass syringes. Although, glass syringes are relatively fragile than plastic syringes, the property of minimal or no particulates and chemicals imparted into the pharmaceutical fluid while injecting it into the body, is one of the crucial winning imperative over plastic syringes. Introduction of disposable glass syringes is by Becton, Dickinson and Company in 1954 is one of the revolutionary invention in the global glass syringes market. The growth of pharmaceutical industry at a significant pace across the globe, along with consumer preference for prefilled glass syringes, is anticipated to pose a positive impact on the global glass syringes market.
Global Glass Syringes Market Dynamics
The injectable pharmaceutical liquids are highly sensitive towards the atmosphere and other sources of foreign particles and chemicals. Glass syringes are the most preferred solutions for protection against any kind of impurities. Furthermore, prefilled glass syringes add ease to the handling of the injectable pharmaceutical fluids, gaining strong traction among end-users. These factors have driven the global glass syringes market. On the contrary side, the transport of glass syringes need to take extra care due to its fragility leading to higher disposable investment across the supply chain. Plastic syringes on the other hand are much more durable and generally lower in cost as compared to glass syringes. The development in the production technology for plastic products has resulted into controlled particulate and chemical emission. Thus, the glass syringes manufacturers are gradually shifting to plastic syringes on the backdrop of lower CoGS (cost of goods sold). On 6th December 2018, Gerresheimer AG launched its first self-developed high quality plastic syringes for mass production.
Global Glass Syringes Market Segmentation
The global glass syringes market can be segmented on the basis of syringe type as
The global glass syringes market can be segmented on the basis of glass type as
- Type-1 (Borosilicate Neutral Glass)
- Type-2 (Surface Treated Borosilicate Glass)
- Type-3 (Soda Lime Glass)
The global glass syringes market can be segmented on the basis of capacity as
- Up to 1 ml
- 1 to 5 ml
- 5 to 20 ml
- 20 to 100 ml
- Above 100 ml
The global glass syringes market can be segmented on the basis of application as
- Monoclonal antibodies
Global Glass Syringes Market Regional Outlook
North America and Europe together accounted for around two third of the global prefilled syringes market in 2016, Asia Pacific is expected to register double digit growth for the next five years. India, South Korea and Japan are well-established pharmaceutical industry in the world, while pharmaceutical industry in rest of the Asia Pacific countries are making strong efforts to minimize their dependency on imported pharmaceuticals. Furthermore, significant presence of glass tubing manufacturers in the region providing low cost pharmaceutical grade glass tubes has supported the domestic manufacturing of glass syringes in the Asia Pacific countries. These factors have resulted into strong growth of Asia Pacific glass syringes market. The manufacturing and pharmaceutical industry of Western European countries are projected witness sluggish growth for at least next five years, impacting the demand for glass syringes in the geography. The rapidly developing pharmaceutical market of GCC countries is projected to propel the demand of glass syringes in the region, while prohibition of Turkish products by European countries has posed a negative impact on the Turkish glass syringes market.
Global Glass Syringes Market Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global glass syringes market are
- Hamilton Company
- Gerresheimer AG
- Merck KGaA
- KD Scientific Inc.
- SCHOTT AG
- DWK Life Sciences
- Kemtech America
- Cadence Science
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Socorex Isba S.A.
The glass syringes market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The glass syringes market report provides in depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The glass syringes market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis of glass syringes market includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Glass syringes market report highlights:
- A detailed overview of parent market of glass syringes market
- Changing market dynamics in the glass syringes industry
- In depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.