- A gamepad is a hand controller with digits which helps to provide inputs to games. There are generally a set of action buttons handled with the right thumb and a direction controller handled with the left. They are essentially the main input device for video game consoles. Previously, gamepads were only compatible with gaming consoles and computers but now there are new types of gamepads which can easily be used for mobile games and makes the mobile gaming experience way better than it was earlier.
- In January 2022, Hyper X launched its product in the market which claims its compatibility with both PC as well as cellular devices. This gamepad can be used wired and wirelessly. It has a standard format and buttons which have textured coating that provide good grip with very less chances of falling while playing. Such product innovations are anticipated to be seen in the coming years. This is likely to disrupt the present dynamics of the market.
Key Drivers and Restraints of the Gamepad Market
- Increasing interest in e-sports from the young generation, lifestyle changes, and easy availability on online sites are estimated to drive the gamepad market throughout the forecast period. Alongside, cool new features embedded in gamepads such as wireless gamepads, vibration features, and long lasting battery life are likely to attract the new generation and help to expand the overall gamepad market in the coming years. However, lack of technological awareness regarding the benefits of the product is projected to hinder the gamepad market.
Gamepad Market: Key Segments
- The global gamepad market can be segmented based on product type, application, end-use, distribution channel, and region. Based on product type, the gamepad market can be classified into wired and wireless gamepads. In terms of application, the market is segmented into mobile phones, PC, and gaming console. By end-use, the market is segmented into personal use and commercial use such as gaming hubs. In terms of distribution channel, the market is segmented into online and offline channel. In terms of pricing, the market is segmented into low, medium, and high range, wherein low range comprises gamepads under US$ 50, mid-range includes products ranging from US$ 50 to US$ 300, and higher range has been defined as products costing above US$ 300.
Asia Pacific Dominates the Gamepad Market
- By region, the global gamepad market is classified into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA).
- Country-level bifurcation of the North America market includes the forecast and analysis for the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Country-level analysis and forecast of the Europe market covers the gamepad market in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Country-level analysis and forecast of the Asia Pacific market includes major countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa country-level analysis and forecast include GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America gamepad market is categorized into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific is the dominating market for gamepad products owing to presence of a substantial gaming population and increasing disposable income. Amongst Asian countries, Japan and China have significant potential due to increasing number of gaming enthusiasts.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Players in the gamepad market are estimated to take advantage of the rising demand for wireless and technologically advanced gaming pads. Players are launching new products which include low-cost products to premium product brands.
Some of the major companies identified in the global gamepad market are:
- Microsoft (Xbox)
- Razer INC
- Zebronics India Pvt Ltd
- HP Development Company, L.P (Hyper X)
Global Gamepad Market: Research Scope
Global Gamepad Market, by Product Type
Global Gamepad Market, by Application
- Gaming Console
- Mobile Phones
Global Gamepad Market, by End-use
- Personal Use
- Commercial Use
Global Gamepad Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company Website
- E-commerce Website
- Gaming Stores
- Electronic Stores
- Others (Independent Retail Stores, etc.)
Global Gamepad Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global gamepad market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.