Gallium-68 Market (Application: Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology, and Others; and End User: Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Ga-68 Holds Potential to Explore Several Diagnostic Imaging Applications
Gallium-68 (Ga-68, 68Ga) is a positron-emitting radioisotope that is created from a 68Ge/68Ga generator. It has a half-life of 68 minutes, and is popular for its application as a radiopharmaceutical tracer used during PET scans. The introduction of PSMA-targeting tracers such as the PSMA-11, PSMA-617, and PSMA-I&T has increased the clinical utilization of 68Ga-radiopharmaceuticals for diagnostic imaging. The constantly growing applications of gallium-68 radiopharmaceuticals have gained increased attention in recent years. Gallium-68, when combined with lutetium-177 (Lu-177), allows diagnostic molecular imaging followed by the customized treatment based on the diagnostic scan. This method has proven to be more efficient for the treatment of neuroendocrine tumors (NETs) using the peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT). Studies suggest that more than 12,000 people in the U.S. are treated with neuroendocrine tumors each year. Thus, efforts are made to spread the information and data throughout the healthcare segments to enhance the results and studies. The growing awareness about NETs as well as advancements in nuclear medicine is expected to boost the gallium-68 market during the forecast period.
Presently, gallium-68 is most extensively utilized in the analysis of prostate cancer in the form of 68Ga, Ga-PSMA-11, respectively. The combination of Ga-68 and Lu-177 forms a theranostic pair, which is demonstrably effective for the treatment and diagnosis of prostate cancer, as the 68Ga/177Lu-radiolabelled tracers show a very similar biological behavior. Moreover, one of the market influencing applications of Ga-86-based radiopharmaceuticals is the labeling of human epidermal growth factor receptor family (HER2) and carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA). This is likely to improve the position of the global gallium-68 market. Furthermore, gallium-68 is a very helpful radionuclide for use in radiopharmacy. Moreover, it is popular in radiopharmaceuticals compared to other diagnostic isotopes. The usability and the commercial availability of generators simplified research and motivated developments with a view to a broad routine application.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Gallium-68 Market
Oncology, Neurology Segments Came to Halt During Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on imaging practices across the country, which, in turn, influenced the decline in the demand for gallium-68. Stringent regulations for the global supply chain and trade of raw materials to limit the transmission of coronavirus are affecting the gallium-68 market in imaging applications. The globally available healthcare facilities have expanded their intake capacity for COVID-19 patients, which resulted in an unsafe ambiance for other imaging patients. Financial recessions usually tend to result in reduced healthcare investments; however, radiology practices have barely experienced any economic collapse that is concurrently intensified by the need to restrict the availability of imaging until the COVID-19 pandemic. The outpatient-heavy practices had the biggest impact on these changes, but all imaging volumes decreased. Nevertheless, various healthcare relief organizations are helping to provide several means of direct and indirect aid to healthcare providers and small businesses.
The actual impression that COVID-19 has had on the medical imaging industry with gallium-68 applications remains to be perceived, as hospitals and imaging facilities endeavor to figure out the post-COVID-19 era strategies, as nonessential imaging diagnosis and procedures were postponed. The professionals are deciding on new business models to restore the pending diagnosis and smoothly run the practices as before COVID-19. This is likely to create new opportunities for the gallium-68 market in the upcoming future. Moreover, the rapid progress in the COVID-19 vaccine distribution and upgrades in healthcare facilities ensure to open the market very shortly. The global gallium-68 market is expected to grow post-COVID-19 owing to several imagining and healthcare applications.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Enhanced Research on Applications of Gallium-68 Reveals New Opportunities
The applications of gallium-68 are emerging in nuclear medicine, due to its cyclotron-independency and availability via radionuclide generator. The detailed research and studies on gallium-68 resulted in the advancements of generator design facilitated research on new 68Ga-radiopharmaceuticals as well as the clinical use of the known. In addition, the gallium-68-labeled peptides have been identified as a unique class of radiopharmaceuticals dispensing fast target localization and blood clearance. The (68)Ga-Dototatoc, (8)Ga-Dotatate, (68)Ga-Dotanoc are the most popular radiopharmaceuticals currently in use for imaging and separating lesions of various somatostatin receptor subtypes, overexpressed in many neuroendocrine tumors.
Despite Ga-68 being available for more than three decades of research, its uses for clinical PET have recently emerged, and only now is it being applied to pre-clinical models of human disease. Moreover, other applications such as the Ga-67-citrate continue to be extensively used radiopharmaceutical for the clinical diagnosis of specific types of neoplasms, such as Hodgkin’s disease, lung cancer, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, malignant melanoma, and leukemia.
Asia Pacific to Offer Lucrative Opportunities to Gallium-68 Market
The Asia Pacific region is witnessing constant economic growth, improved healthcare facilities, rise in consumer awareness and incomes, and increase in the significance of nuclear medicine in numerous medical disciplines, including cardiology, oncology, and endocrinology. Moreover, there is an extended use with the potential to offer significant opportunities for gallium-68 in developing economies including China and India. Accordingly, major businesses and market players plan to invest and expand business in these countries. These players are adopting inorganic growth strategies to boost the global gallium-68 market during the forecast period. However, rise in access to healthcare and rapid introduction of advanced technological implementations in PET systems in North America are likely to result in the region’s dominance of the gallium-68 market.
On the contrary, the rising use of gallium-68 radiopharmaceuticals in the diagnosis of diseases related to cardiology, respiratory, and urology is anticipated to drive the gallium-68 market in Europe. Due to several such factors, the global gallium-68 market is projected to reach US$ 200 Mn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~8% from 2021 to 2031.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Gallium-68 Market
The rise in the prevalence of tumors and cancer has led to the growth in the demand for gallium-68, as radioisotopes in clinical PET imaging facilities are routines used. This is a major factor driving the demand for gallium-68. Gallium-68 has a growing influence in molecular imaging by positron emission tomography, owing to the easy availability from 68Ge/68Ga generator and cyclotrons, good radiation properties, and rich Ga3+ coordination chemistry. Thus, the rising utilization of gallium-68 based tracer in PET is expected to drive the global gallium-68 market. Furthermore, there is ongoing research activities by various businesses for several new applications of Ga-68, which can potentially create new and better opportunities for the global market. Additionally, newer 68Ga-labeled tracers are being examined for various therapeutic applications and in nuclear imaging. This is expected to propel the global gallium-68 market during the forecast period.
Gallium-68 Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current scenario and future prospects of the global gallium-68 market. Rise in prevalence of oncology and cardiovascular diseases, and increase in preference for PET/CT scans using gallium-68 based isotopes for different indications are projected to boost the global gallium-68 market.
- The report includes an elaborate executive summary, which provides a snapshot of various segments of the global gallium-68 market. It also provides information and data analysis of the gallium-68 market about segments based on application, end user, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers, restraints, and opportunities that affect the global gallium-68 market
- The report includes company profiles, which provide information about their business, product portfolios, and competitive landscape in the global gallium-68 market
- The report on the gallium-68 market offers market attractiveness analysis of regions and segments
- The last section of the report comprises quantitative and qualitative analyses on market share/position of key players operating in the global gallium-68 market. It analyzes key competitive strategies adopted by major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global gallium-68 market.
Gallium-68 Market: Key Segments
- In terms of application, the global gallium-68 market has been classified into oncology, cardiology, neurology, and others. The oncology segment accounted for a major share of the market in 2020, and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. Rise in the number of cancer patients globally, and increase in awareness about cancer diseases and advanced PET technologies are key factors fueling the segment.
- Based on end user, the global gallium-68 market has been categorized into hospitals, diagnostic centers, and others. The hospitals segment dominated the market in 2020. This can be attributed to high procedural volume of medical imaging procedures at these institutions and higher efficiency of handling sensitive radio nucleotides such as gallium-68 at these locations.
- Market size and forecast for each of these segments have been provided from 2017 to 2031. The CAGR of respective segments has also been provided from 2021 to 2031, considering 2020 as the base year.
Gallium-68 Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global gallium-68 market has been segmented into North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (the U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region considered in the market has been divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The gallium-68 market report provides size and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2017 to 2031. The CAGR for each of these regions and countries has also been provided for the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The gallium-68 market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Covered in Gallium-68 Market Report
- Key players in the global gallium-68 market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major companies profiled in the gallium-68 market report are
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- ITM Isotopen Technologien München AG
- Advanced Accelerator Applications (a Novartis AG Company)
- Telix Pharmaceuticals
Gallium-68 Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global gallium-68 market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides revenue of the global gallium-68 market for the period 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global gallium-68 market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global gallium-68 market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global gallium-68 market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global gallium-68 market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global gallium-68 market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global gallium-68 market. Key players operating in the global gallium-68 market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global gallium-68 market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Gallium-68 Market Report
- What is the revenue forecast for the global gallium-68 market in terms of revenue for the period 2021–2031?
- How would various dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and trends impact the market?
- What is the market size and estimation for the gallium-68 market across regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa?
- Which regional market is poised to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which product segment is projected to generate considerable revenue in 2031 and which application segment will register the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
A unique methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global gallium-68 market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global gallium-68 market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the gallium-68 market as primary methods.
These primary research respondents have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the gallium-68 market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global gallium-68 market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenue of each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global gallium-68 more reliably and accurately.
Gallium-68 Market – Segmentation