Football Merchandise Market – Introduction
- Football merchandising means promotion and marketing of football leagues, teams, clubs, and personalities by means of specially made goods and services and making them available in stores. Football merchandising involves agreements, licensing, and intellectual property laws to deal with the logo and patent related issues. Football merchandise consists of accessories, clothing, equipment, toys, games, and more. The increasing fan base of football is helping in the growth of the football merchandise market worldwide.
Key Drivers of the Football Merchandise Market
- The increasing popularity and fan base of football across the globe is enhancing the demand for football merchandise and helping in the growth of the market. The market is also driven by the growing demand for jerseys of famous players. These products are easily available in the market at affordable prices which further increases their demand.
- Football merchandise helps to promote football teams or clubs and helps them to gain worldwide recognition and create a long-lasting impression. It helps to gain significant profit to both the club and merchandiser. Increasing number of partnerships between clubs and merchandisers is driving the football merchandise market worldwide.
Factors Restraining the Football Merchandise Market
- The football merchandise market is highly competitive. Low quality and cheaper products are available in the market which increases the competition. Further, the Covid-19 pandemic also affected the overall growth of the football merchandise market. Factories and manufacturing plants were closed to stop the spread of the virus. Also, supply chains were disrupted due to lack of raw materials and employees. This hampered the growth of the football merchandise market.
Europe to Hold Leading Share of the Global Football Merchandise Market
- In terms of region, the global football merchandise market can be divided North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the football merchandise market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The football merchandise market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Europe dominated the global football merchandise market in 2020, due to huge popularity of football in the region. Rise in population has been driving the football merchandise market in Europe, particularly in the U.K, Germany, and France.
- The football merchandise market in Europe is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by North America, and Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Football Merchandise Market
The global football merchandise market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global football merchandise market are:
- adidas AG
- Errea Sport Spa
- Nike Inc.
- PUMA SE
- Macron S.p.A
- JOMA SPORT SA
- SBG Companies Limited
- BasicNet S.p.A
- Epic Sports, Inc.
Global Football Merchandise Market: Research Scope
Global Football Merchandise Market, by Type
- Toys and Games
- Others (Footwear, etc.)
Global Football Merchandise Market, by End-user
Global Football Merchandise Market, by Price
Global Football Merchandise Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Specialty Store
Global Football Merchandise Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!