Food Safety Testing Market
Food Safety Testing Market (Application: Bakery & Confectionery, Dairy Products, Processed & Packaged Food, Infant Food, Alcoholic & Non-alcoholic Beverages, Functional Food, Meat & Poultry Products, and Seafood; Test Technology: Traditional and Rapid; and Target Test: Pathogens, Allergens, Residues & Contaminants, Chemical & Nutritional, Shelf-life, GMO, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
New Food Trends, Technologies, and Increasing Consumer Awareness to Drive Global Market
The food & beverages industry has witnessed considerable changes over the past couple of decades, owing to two main factors, including evolving consumer preferences and advancements in technology. At present, food safety, hygiene, and other parameters linked with food quality have garnered considerable attention and the trend is likely to continue over the upcoming years due to increasing consumer awareness pertaining to food safety, quality, and more recently, the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, new technologies and food safety concepts & guidelines are expected to play an imperative role in transforming the food safety sphere in the upcoming years.
Research and development activities across private laboratories and government-funded research institutes have increased at a rapid pace across the world, which, in turn, are projected to pave the way for innovations and accurate food safety testing procedures during the forecast period. Moreover, as new food trends, including ‘clean label’, ‘free from’, and more continue to gain the spotlight, food safety testing techniques are likely to adapt to these food trends. As food safety continues to remain one of the core areas of focus for governments and consumers, the global food safety testing market is projected to grow at a considerable pace during the forecast period.
At the back of these factors, along with stringent policies and legislations related to food safety, the global food safety testing market is on course to attain a market value of US$ 39.8 Bn by the end of 2030. In the current scheme of things, stakeholders across the supply chain in the food & beverages sector are under considerable pressure to ensure that the food products are safe to consume, healthy, and clean due to which, the food safety testing market is anticipated to witness considerable developments during the assessment period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Food Safety Testing Market
Entry of Innovative Technologies to Streamline Food Safety Testing
The global landscape of the food sector has experienced considerable changes over the past few years, due to the evolving regulatory landscape. As a result of the regulatory landscape, players operating in the food sector are required to comply with regulations due to which, innovations and focus on food safety testing have shifted gears in recent times. Several food & beverage manufacturers are focusing on the process of streamlining their food certification process by simplifying documentation and data logging. In addition, food safety testing market players are also increasingly working toward minimizing certification costs, increasing risk assessment, and introducing new innovative technologies to address existing challenges with food safety testing.
In the wake of various barriers across the food safety testing market, innovative technologies that play an important role in data integration, real-time data processing, and optimizing food safety have gained considerable attention in recent years due to which, the food safety testing market is likely to step into a new era. Moreover, the increasing demand for food safety analytics products is another glaring indicator of the overall growth of the food safety testing market. Blockchain, the Internet of Things (IoT), and NGS are some of the major technological advancements that are likely to shape the growth of the global food safety testing market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Market Growth to Remain amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The onset of the novel COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a minor impact on the overall state of the global food safety testing market. Although test results and testing procedures were off-schedule in the second quarter of 2020 due to the uncertainty associated with the lockdown regulations in several nations, in the current scenario, operations are back on track and expected to remain smooth during the entirety of 2020. However, routine surveillance of food facilities and farms has been postponed in several regions of the world due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic following which the demand for a range of food products has experienced a slight decline. However, although the retail supply chain has remained unaffected by the COVID-19 pandemic, the production of several food and beverages has witnessed a drastic decline in several regions.
The spread of COVID-19 has impacted health, nutrition, livelihoods, and well-being of people and will have lasting effects on them. Nutritional, environmental, and economic impact are the main concerns of changing consumer preferences in food safety. There is also increasing awareness of linkages between food demand and dietary choice, global food security, and environmental outcomes such as water use and climate change. There is a need to understand how consumer preferences for food and beverages are changing and what the implications are for the future.
The unsafe food caused an estimated 600 million illnesses and 420,000 premature deaths in 2010, according to the World Health Organization, undermining people’s health and nutritional security. The food industry, during this time of pandemic, has the primary responsibility to ensure that the foods they produce are safe. Companies are adopting and implementing effective food safety management programs, including food safety testing.
Thus, stringent measures to contain the virus at processing plants and ensure food safety are expected to remain a trend worldwide. Due to this, the food safety testing market is anticipated to grow at a steady pace amid the ongoing crisis.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Food Safety Testing
The global food safety testing market is expected to expand at an impressive CAGR of 8.1% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to factors such as increasing consumer awareness and demand for food safety labels, entry of niche food trends such as ‘clean label’, ‘free form’, and more, focus of governments to improve safety measures and quality of food products, and entry of a range of technologies, including Blockchain and IoT. Traditional testing techniques are likely to be replaced by cutting-edge and new testing procedures during the assessment period. In addition, food safety testing is expected to witness considerable developments in the upcoming months as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic due to which, new procedures and food safety testing guidelines could feature in the upcoming trials.
Food Safety Testing Market: Overview
- The global food safety testing market’s value stood at US$ 18.25 Bn in 2020, finds Transparency Market Research (TMR) in a recent study. According to the report, the market is expected to reach US$ 39.8 Bn by 2030, at a CAGR of 8.1%.
- According to the report, the rising demand for clean label food products and stringent regulations on food safety would fuel growth of the market. There is an increasing demand for healthy products that are free from GMO, gluten, and other added ingredients. This is expected to create growth opportunities for the food safety testing market.
- With advancements in science, new and improved technologies are being developed and upgraded regularly. Due to the outbreak of new diseases that were not known to the mankind before and that they can be transmitted via food and water, the food testing market is challenged to develop new technologies. Therefore, the trend of new and improved technologies with enhanced capabilities can be seen in the global market for food safety testing. Driven by implementation of stringent regulations, the food safety testing market is likely to expand considerably in the upcoming years. With an increasing number of consumers embarking on the journey to healthy living, the demand for food safety testing is poised to surge.
Food Safety Testing: Market Frontrunners
- Based on application, meat & poultry products and dairy products are the leading segments. Among the application sub-segments, the bakery & confectionery segment accounted for ~13% share of the market, in terms of value, in 2020.
- Rapid safety testing accounted for ~66% of the market share, in terms of value. It is the leading segment of the global food safety testing market in terms of test technology.
- Based on target test, pathogens, allergens, and residue & contaminants are the main segments of the global food safety testing market. Among these segments, pathogens hold ~20.5% market share in terms of market value.
- Europe holds the leading share of the global market of ~30.9%, followed by Asia Pacific and North America, which account for 22.5% and ~19.3% of total market share, respectively. The rest of the world (ROW) accounts for the remaining market share.
Food Safety Testing Market: Trends
- Growing health and wellness trend and intense M&A activities to drive market
Consumers have become health conscious and majority of them spend a significant portion of their disposable income on fitness and well-being. They have also become increasingly aware that along with exercise, a proper diet is necessary to achieve physical fitness. High protein food aids in maintaining good health. Gluten-free bakery products and snacks comprising protein and vitamin ingredients are gaining popularity among consumers. Thus, the trend of food fortification is rising, which, in turn, fuels the expansion of the food safety testing market.
- Last few years have seen heightened trend of M&A activities in the global food safety testing market. Top players in the market are increasingly planning expansion and penetration activities in new and emerging markets. Most of the mergers and acquisitions are highly concentrated in MEA and Asian countries. Eurofins Scientific SE, a prominent player in global testing, inspection, and certification industries carried out almost 60 acquisitions in the year 2017, and continued the same trend in 2018 with some notable acquisitions.
- Novel opportunities in functional and nutritional food segments
According to the current food trends, functional food and nutritional food segments of the food industry are growing at a rapid rate. These products are consumed by the privileged class consumers who demand food products that are clean and safe for consumption. These segments of the food industry are new niche segments for the food safety testing market and are expected to have promising opportunity in the future.
- Post COVID-19 outbreak, food labelling is submitted to increased scrutiny. National food safety authorities and the International Food Safety Authorities Network (INFOSAN) Secretariat are seeking more information on the potential role of food in the transmission of the virus through local and international trade. Meanwhile, the World Health Organization has recommended certain standards to maintain food hygiene and food safety practices to prevent transmission of COVID-19 through food. These trends will spur the demand for clean label and tested foods.
Food Safety Testing Market: Strategies
- Market players are capitalizing niche food segments and technological advancements
- Companies are expanding their presence in developing regions for growth opportunities
- Key players are likely to focus on product innovations and manufacturing technologies to widen their reach in emerging markets
Target Region for Market
- As of 2020, Europe holds the dominant market share in terms of value, and during the forecast period, it is expected to continue to lead the global market. Asia Pacific is in second position after Europe, holding the major share in the global market over the upcoming years.
Food Safety Testing Market: Players
- Some of the key manufacturers operating in the food safety testing market, as profiled in the study, are -
- Thermo Fischer Scientific Inc.
- UL LLC
- EMSL Analytical Inc.
- Microbac Laboratories, Inc.
- Silliker, Inc.
- Covance Inc.
- Intertek Group Plc.
- SGS SA
- Bureau Veritas S.A.
- Eurofins Scientific SE
- The SOCOTEC Group
- International Laboratory Services
- ALS Limited
- AsureQuality Limited
- DTS Food Laboratories
Food Safety Testing Market - Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) has recently published a market study on the food safety testing market. It provides a detailed assessment of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, opportunities & restraints, and detailed information about the food safety testing market structure. The market study presents exclusive information about how the food safety testing market will grow during the forecast period of 2020-2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include year-on-year (Y-o-Y) growth of the market, value chain, supply chain analysis, and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) are elaborated in the study in a comprehensive manner. This information is intended to help readers understand the quantitative growth prospects of the food safety testing market during the forecast period.
The study is intended to offer a holistic market overview to stakeholders in the food safety testing market, including manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and investors, and to help them develop winning growth strategies. Stakeholders in the food safety testing market, which include investors, industry experts, researchers, and journalists, and business researchers, can leverage the information and data presented in TMR’s study.
The study also includes statistics and facts related to the macro as well as microeconomic factors that are impacting the expansion of the market. It also offers actionable insights into the future trends in the food safety testing market. Furthermore, small businesses and new entrants in the food safety testing market can make use of the information presented in this study based on which, they can make appropriate business decisions in order to gain momentum in the market.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Food Safety Testing Market Report
- Which region will continue to remain the most profitable regional market for food safety testing market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for food safety testing during the assessment period?
- How will the changing trends impact the food safety testing market?
- How can market players capitalize on the low-hanging opportunities in the food safety testing market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the food safety testing market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the food safety testing market to catapult their position in the forefront?
Food Safety Testing Market – Research Methodology
In TMR’s study, a unique research methodology is used to conduct extensive research on the growth of the food safety testing market and identify future growth parameters. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, to help analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts for compiling the food safety testing market study include statistics from governmental organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Information acquired from primary and secondary sources is compiled in a comprehensive manner. This also acts as a validation from companies in the food safety testing market, which makes TMR’s projections more accurate and reliable.
Food Safety Testing Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the food safety testing market offers information divided into important segments - application, test technology, target test, and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about the important market dynamics and growth parameters associated with these categories.