Feather Meal Market
Feather Meal Market (Nature: Organic and Conventional; End-use: Animal Feed [Poultry Feed, Cattle Feed, Fish Feed, and Other Animal Feed Products] and Organic Fertilizers; Distribution Channel: B2B and B2C [Wholesale, Modern Trade, Specialty Stores, and Online Retailers]; and Crude Protein Content: 75-80%, 80-90%, and More than 90%) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Crops with High Nitrogen Requirements Fuel Demand for Feather Meal Fertilizers
Apart from animal nutrition, manufacturers in the feather meal market are tapping value-grab opportunities in high-nitrogen organic fertilizers. This explains why the market is predicted to climb a striking CAGR growth of 8.6% during the forecast period. As such, the Down To Earth 12-0-0 feather meal fertilizer is gaining increased popularity in the domain of natural fertilizers. Manufacturers are increasing their sales by listing their product on e-Commerce platform to generate revenue and meet the convenience of buyers who prefer at-home shopping.
Feather meal (FM) fertilizers are pervasively replacing synthetic liquid fertilizers used in gardening applications. These fertilizers supply enough nitrogen to plants and enhance plant growth. Companies in the feather meal market are increasing awareness that organic fertilizers help to kick-start compost pile and also improve soil structure. Crop growers are preferring quality feather meal products for cultivating vegetables such as corn, which need high nitrogen supply.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Feather Meal Market
Security of Raw Material Origin Bolsters Credibility of Manufacturers
Since feathers represent a large proportion of waste products in poultry production, companies in the feather meal market are capitalizing on this opportunity to create well-processed products that enrich dog and cat nutrition. For instance, BRF Ingredients— a provider of diverse ingredients for animal nutrition has an extensive portfolio in feather meal and poultry feather meal with blood, which is used in diets of aquatic and animal species. Manufacturers are increasing efforts to source fresh raw material, which is processed a few hours after extraction.
Companies in the feather meal market are bolstering their credibility credentials by taking total guarantee for the security of raw material origin and exercise full control over the entire production chain.
Acquiring Knowledge about Dietary Elements Solves Digestive Issues in Animals
The feather meal market is projected to reach ~US$ 820 Mn by 2030. However, lack of clinical evidence about the digestibility of feather meal in poultry farm animal species is emerging as a restraint for market growth. Hence, researchers are increasing their knowledge about the digestibility of amino acids such as protamine in poultry animals. For instance, researchers Hans H. Stein and Lee Chiba from University of Illinois and Auburn University respectively have collaborated to assess the amino acid and phosphorus digestibility in poultry animals.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
On the other hand, poultry farm owners are directing feather meal products for pigs, since the meal is a good source of energy. Acquiring knowledge about various dietary components of feather meal is important, as indigestible amino acids can cause issues of digestive disorders in animals. Thus, companies in the feather meal market should collaborate with animal sciences researchers to innovate in products.
Manufacturers Invest for Capacity Additions in U.S. to Support Organic Produce
Companies in the North America feather meal market are investing in capacity additions to broaden their supply chains. For instance, Darling Ingredients- an animal food manufacturing company announced the launch of its third organic fertilizer production facility in Fremont, Nebraska. This is evident since North America dictates the highest revenue share among all regions in the market landscape. Manufacturers are increasing their production capacities to create the availability for organic feather meal, blood meal, and bone meal fertilizers.
The trend of organic food products is another key driver, which is catalyzing the demand for feather meal fertilizers. Companies in the U.S. feather meal market are maximizing their business by allocating budgets for new plant additions and finished product storage that are designed to meet requirements of organic food growers. They are adopting various growth strategies to leverage the supply of animal ingredients in the organic fertilizers sector.
Bioconversion of Feather Meal Holds Promising Potentials in Obtaining Value-added Products
Innovative processes are being adopted to valorize the nutritional value of feather meal product in the sector of animal nutrition. Companies in the feather meal market are using microbial technologies that are being highly publicized for its eco-friendly attributes. Bioconversion of FM using keratinolytic microorganisms is helpful in obtaining microbial enzymes that hold promising potentials in biotechnological significance. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D efforts to utilize the two feather-degrading bacteria process that holds promising potentials in creating added-value products. It has been found that simultaneous production of bacterial proteases and bioactive feather meal hydrosylates (FMH) acts as feasible method to innovate in FM products.
On the other hand, manufacturers in the feather meal market are investing in state-of-the-art feather meal processing equipment such as rendering units, paddle dryers, and feather water separators, among others.
Operational Adjustments Help Overcome Challenges of Low Demand amidst COVID-19 Crisis
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has slowed down the economic growth of the feather meal market. Plant closures is one of the major factors to cripple revenue generation activities in the market. Manufacturers in Europe and few countries of Asia Pacific such as China have resumed their production activities, since the pandemic has drastically subsided. In order to keep the cash flowing in the market, manufacturers in other countries are increasing efforts to place dynamic teams at production facilities to resume activities.
Companies are working with skeleton crew to contain the spread of coronavirus and have instructed other staff to work from home to provide remote services. They are providing the necessary PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to employees and workers to safeguard their health. Operational adjustments are being made at manufacturing plants in order to respond toward low-demand environments.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Feather Meal Market
Since feather meal products are not necessarily under the essential products category as suggested by the World Health Organization, manufacturers are experiencing a drop in sales due to the COVID-19 outbreak. As such, manufacturers are maximizing their business through e-Commerce websites to increase the sales of FM products during the pandemic. However, poor digestibility and low nutritional value of FM products is a recurring issue encountered by poultry farm and pet owners. Hence, companies should increase their R&D activities on bioconversion of feather meal to increase the availability of value-added products. Manufacturers should scale opportunities in the U.S. where there is tremendous demand for high-nitrogen organic FM fertilizers that support the cultivation of organic produce.
Feather Meal Market: Overview
- The global feather meal market’s value stood at US$ 359.5 Mn in 2020, finds Transparency Market Research (TMR) in a recent study. According to the report, the market is expected to reach US$ 820 Mn by 2030, at a CAGR of 8.6% during the forecast period.
- Feather meal as a high source of nutrition will increase popularity among farmers to use a cost-efficient, organic fertilizer as a replacement for toxic fertilizers. A publication by Research Gate stated that some 175 thousand tons of feather meals were manufactured in Europe in 2014. This means that investors have a great opportunity in this field, and that there is also a potentially larger market in the Asia Pacific.
- Feather meal is now an essential ingredient in feed for ruminant animals. Taking into account the contribution of bioavailable amino acids, hydrolyzed feather meal can be supplemented by synthetic sources or mixed with other by-product ingredients to supply its deficiencies and can thus be a very useful ingredient for feed. In the rumen of ruminant animals, the protein has minimal degradation which allows it to pass through the intestinal tract and digestion.
- Increasing demand for feather meal as a protein feed for ruminant will increase its demand in the forecast period
Feather Meal: Market Frontrunners
- Organic, and conventional feather meal are key segments by nature; among these, the leading segment is conventional, which is expected to account for ~97.4% of the market share in 2020 in terms of value
- Animal feed is the leading segment of the global feather meal market in terms of end use. These segments accounted for ~98% of the market based on value.
- B2B and B2C are the main segments of the global feather meal market based on distribution channel. Among these segments, B2B holds ~93.5% market share in terms of market value.
- North America holds the leading share of the global market with ~47.3%, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific accounting for 24.1% and ~15.3% of total market share, respectively. The Rest of the World (ROW) accounts for the remaining market share.
Feather Meal Market: Trends
- Trend of Eco-friendly, Organic, and Energy Efficient Products
- Feather is a waste product whose disposal is not advised from an environmental perspective, therefore making something useful out of it is advisable. Moreover, in the organic fertilizer industry, the potential use of the feather meal is witnessed, which, in return, helps the soil retain nutrients needed for the hour. The use of feather meals in the production of biodiesel, is therefore, still in the R&D period, which represents a huge opportunity for feather meals in the near future as something relevant to organic food is in the process of rising the demand for feather meals in the future.
- Feather Meal is Nutritious Food Fed to Animals to Improve Quality of Health and Skin
- Feather meal can enhance breeding ability, boost animal fur health and make hair color better and lustrous. By expelling, feather meal can have good palatability, high levels of digestion and absorption, good health, removing bacterial contamination of feed, improving growth efficiency and skin quality, promoting growth and development, and making skin fetching by feed benefit more than 10 days earlier than normal. Thus, increasing components of micronutrients, greatly impacting the prevention of hoof disease, self-bite, self-mutilation, and other dietary deficiencies. It can also improve animal anti-stress skills and avoid the development of dermatitis, red claw disease, skin keratosis, chap, and scab.
Feather Meal Market: Strategies
- Key players in the global feather meal market are enhancing their product portfolio. Strong logistics facility is helping the companies to expand their business.
- Companies are expanding their presence in developing regions where there are opportunities for the companies to grow
Target Region for Market
- As of 2020, in terms of value, North America holds the dominant market share and it is anticipated to continue leading the global market through the forecast period. After North America, Europe is at the second position holding the major share in the global market over the upcoming years.
Feather Meal Market: Players
- Some of the key manufacturers operating in the feather meal market as profiled in the study are
- Tyson Foods, Inc.
- Sanimax Industries Inc.
- FASA Group
- Valley Proteins, Inc.
- West Coast Reduction Ltd
- J G Pears and The Environment,
- The Boyer Valley Company, Inc.
- North Country Organics
- Wudi Musen Biological Co., Ltd.
- BMG Manufacturing Investment Trading Joint Stock Company
Feather Meal Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) has recently published a market study on the feather meal market. It provides a detailed assessment of key market dynamics, including the drivers, trends, opportunities & restraints, and detailed information about the feather meal market structure. The market study presents exclusive information about how the feather meal market will grow during the forecast period of 2020-2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include year-on-year (Y-o-Y) growth of the market, value chain, supply chain analysis, and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) are elaborated in the study in a comprehensive manner. This information is intended to help readers understand the quantitative growth prospects of the feather meal market during the forecast period.
The study is intended to offer a holistic market overview to stakeholders in the feather meal, including manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and investors, and to help them develop winning growth strategies. Stakeholders in the feather meal market, which include investors, industry experts, researchers, and journalists, and business researchers, can leverage the information and data presented in TMR’s study.
The study also includes statistics and facts related to the macro as well as microeconomic factors that are impacting expansion of the market. It also offers actionable insights into the future trends in the feather meal market. Furthermore, small businesses and new entrants in the feather meal market can make use of the information presented in this study, based on which, they can make appropriate business decisions in order to gain momentum in the market.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Feather Meal Market Report
- Which region will continue to remain the most profitable regional market for feather meal market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for feather meal during the assessment period?
- How will the changing trends impact the feather meal market?
- How can market players capitalize on the low-hanging opportunities in the feather Meal market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the feather meal market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the feather meal market to catapult their position in the forefront?
Feather Meal Market – Research Methodology
In TMR’s study, a unique research methodology is used to conduct extensive research on the growth of the feather meal market and identify future growth parameters. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, to help analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts for compiling the feather meal market study include statistics from governmental organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers who contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Information acquired from primary resources and secondary resources is compiled in a comprehensive manner. This also acts as a validation from companies in the feather meal market, which makes TMR’s projections more accurate and reliable.
Feather Meal Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the feather meal market offers information divided into important segments — nature, end-use, distribution channel, crude protein content, and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about the important market dynamics and growth parameters associated with these categories.
Crude Protein Content