Global Facial Prosthetics Market: Introduction
- A facial prosthesis can be defined as an artificial device employed for changing or adapting the outward appearance of a person’s face or head. These devices are primarily employed for replacing a missing or malformed facial feature. Facial prostheses are individually made prostheses that are used to overcome extra-oral maxillofacial defects.
- Patients requiring facial prostheses may have lost a part of the face, owing to various factors such as cancer, trauma, or congenital birth anomaly
- Facial prostheses are held in place by using two methods including bone-integrated implants and adhesives. However, the implant method is considered to be more secure in terms of retaining a facial prosthesis. The process of employing bone-integrated implants for holding facial prostheses in place is called osseo-integration and it usually requires two surgical procedures.
- A range of facial prostheses are employed including intra- and extra-oral facial prostheses. External facial prostheses include nose, ear, eye, and eye lids, which are employed for restoring and stimulating various facial features. Facial prostheses involve lower obstacles and risks as compared to other surgeries, which makes them more appealing than the latter.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Facial Prosthetics Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Facial Prosthetics Market
- The growing number of accidents leading to facial fractures and rising congenital facial deformities among people are likely to drive the demand for facial prosthetics worldwide during the forecast period
- Increasing usage of facial prosthetics, led by increasing awareness about aesthetics among people, promotes growth of the global facial prosthetics market. As per an estimate, over 70,000 facial prostheses are manufactured in the U.K. every year.
- Increasing technological advancements leading to development of the bionic eye, with a focus on partially or completely restoring vision, help in reducing the increasing burden of blindness across the globe. This would contribute to rise in the demand for facial prosthetics in the near future.
- However, facial prostheses usually degrade over time and lose their aesthetic value, owing to increasing pollution and exposure to ultraviolet light
North America to Lead Global Facial Prosthetics Market
- In terms of region, the global facial prosthetics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global facial prosthetics market in 2018, owing to increasing awareness about aesthetics among people, well-established health care infrastructure, ease of availability, and rising adoption of technologically advanced prosthetics in the region
- Europe was the second-largest market for facial prosthetics in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the most rapidly expanding market for facial prosthetics during the forecast period, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Rise in the number of cosmetic procedures, rising disposable income, growing medical tourism, and increased focus on improving health care facilities are driving the market in Asia Pacific.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Facial Prosthetics Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Facial Prosthetics Market
Leading players operating in the global facial prosthetics market are:
- Second Sight
- Advanced Artificial Eyes
- Erickson Laboratories
- F.AD. MÜLLER SÖHNE OHG
- Oculus Prosthetics
- The Medical Art Prosthetics, LLC
- Custom Prosthetic Designs, Inc.
Global Facial Prosthetics Market: Research Scope
Global Facial Prosthetics Market, by Product
- Auricular Prosthetics
- Nasal Prosthetics
- Ocular Prosthetics
Global Facial Prosthetics Market, by Material
- Carbon Fibers
Global Facial Prosthetics Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Facial Prosthetics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.