Global Facial Prosthetics Market: Introduction
- A facial prosthesis can be defined as an artificial device employed for changing or adapting the outward appearance of a person’s face or head. These devices are primarily employed for replacing a missing or malformed facial feature. Facial prostheses are individually made prostheses that are used to overcome extra-oral maxillofacial defects.
- Patients requiring facial prostheses may have lost a part of the face, owing to various factors such as cancer, trauma, or congenital birth anomaly
- Facial prostheses are held in place by using two methods including bone-integrated implants and adhesives. However, the implant method is considered to be more secure in terms of retaining a facial prosthesis. The process of employing bone-integrated implants for holding facial prostheses in place is called osseo-integration and it usually requires two surgical procedures.
- A range of facial prostheses are employed including intra- and extra-oral facial prostheses. External facial prostheses include nose, ear, eye, and eye lids, which are employed for restoring and stimulating various facial features. Facial prostheses involve lower obstacles and risks as compared to other surgeries, which makes them more appealing than the latter.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Facial Prosthetics Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Facial Prosthetics Market
- The growing number of accidents leading to facial fractures and rising congenital facial deformities among people are likely to drive the demand for facial prosthetics worldwide during the forecast period
- Increasing usage of facial prosthetics, led by increasing awareness about aesthetics among people, promotes growth of the global facial prosthetics market. As per an estimate, over 70,000 facial prostheses are manufactured in the U.K. every year.
- Increasing technological advancements leading to development of the bionic eye, with a focus on partially or completely restoring vision, help in reducing the increasing burden of blindness across the globe. This would contribute to rise in the demand for facial prosthetics in the near future.
- However, facial prostheses usually degrade over time and lose their aesthetic value, owing to increasing pollution and exposure to ultraviolet light
North America to Lead Global Facial Prosthetics Market
- In terms of region, the global facial prosthetics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global facial prosthetics market in 2018, owing to increasing awareness about aesthetics among people, well-established health care infrastructure, ease of availability, and rising adoption of technologically advanced prosthetics in the region
- Europe was the second-largest market for facial prosthetics in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the most rapidly expanding market for facial prosthetics during the forecast period, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Rise in the number of cosmetic procedures, rising disposable income, growing medical tourism, and increased focus on improving health care facilities are driving the market in Asia Pacific.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Facial Prosthetics Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Facial Prosthetics Market
Leading players operating in the global facial prosthetics market are:
- Second Sight
- Advanced Artificial Eyes
- Erickson Laboratories
- F.AD. MÜLLER SÖHNE OHG
- Oculus Prosthetics
- The Medical Art Prosthetics, LLC
- Custom Prosthetic Designs, Inc.
Global Facial Prosthetics Market: Research Scope
Global Facial Prosthetics Market, by Product
- Auricular Prosthetics
- Nasal Prosthetics
- Ocular Prosthetics
Global Facial Prosthetics Market, by Material
- Carbon Fibers
Global Facial Prosthetics Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Facial Prosthetics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.