Explosion-proof Cable Gland: Introduction
- Cable gland is a mechanical cable entry device, designed to attach and secure the end of an electric cable to the equipment
- Explosion-proof cable gland prevents the electric cables inside cable gland from any flammable ignition that may be outside of the equipment
- Explosion-proof cable glands are high standard cable glands that are resistant to high temperature and highly corrosive environment possessing best exceptional strength and longer lifespan
- These glands are used in indoor and outdoor applications, and they come in different sizes, dimensions, and shapes as per specification and industrial needs
- They are utilized in hazardous areas such as process industry, petrochemical industry, underground mining industry, and chemical industry
Rise in Demand for Explosion-proof Cable Gland
- Rise in production of diesel, gasoline, and jet fuel; developments in heavy refinery projects such as installation of regasification plants; and upgrade in refining boost the explosion-proof cable gland market
- Explosion-proof cable glands provide earthing and environmental protection, which increases safety. The government has made it mandatory to follow safety measures for hazardous areas, which fuels the demand for explosion-proof cable glands.
- The chemical industry segment dominated the explosion-proof cable gland market, as this industry involves processing of raw materials derived from minerals, oil & natural gas, and several other sources of flammable industrial chemicals
- Usage of explosion-proof cable glands in petrochemical plants offers temperature resistance to aggressive media and reliable explosion protection, thus providing complete safety from fatal explosions. Furthermore, these are utilized in underground mining to increase safety in excavation operations.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Explosion-proof Cable Gland Market
- Rapid industrialization and increasing installation of data centers in countries across Asia drive the explosion-proof cable gland market
- The underground mining in Asia is expanding at a rapid pace, which is further boosting the explosion-proof cable gland market
- Increased population in Asia Pacific has driven the demand for energy and infrastructure, thereby fueling the construction industry, boosting investments in commercial and residential sectors, and consequently, propelling the explosion-proof cable gland market
- Concern about the environment is increasing among the population, which is prompting several individuals to employ eco-friendly resources such as solar power-based applications. Solar applications require cable glands that offer high resistance against temperature & corrosion with maximum reliability to prevent energy loss. This is estimated to propel the explosion-proof cable gland market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Explosion-proof Cable Gland Market
- Bartech Feam
- Jacob GmbH
- Elsewedy Electric
- CMP Products Limited
- Weidmuller Interface GmbH & Co.
- Hummel AG
- Eaton Corporation plc.
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Amphenol Industrial Products Group
- Cortem Group
Global Explosion-proof Cable Gland Market: Research Scope
Global Explosion-proof Cable Gland Market, by Type
- Flame Proof
- Increased Safety
- Electromagnetic Capacity
Global Explosion-proof Cable Gland Market, by Material
Global Explosion-proof Cable Gland Market, by Type of Cable
Global Explosion-proof Cable Gland Market, by End-use
- Manufacturing & Processing
- Oil & Gas
Global Explosion-proof Cable Gland Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!