Cable Glands: Introduction
- Cable gland is a device designed to attach and secure the end of an electric cable to the equipment. Cable glands, also known as sealing glands or strain reliefs, allow barrier penetration while offering sealing protection. They can be used in probes, wires, and power and signaling cables. Manufacturers offer a wide range of cable glands depending on material, mode of utilization, cable size, type of cable, and pressure range.
- Cable glands are designed with a completely smooth external surface and rounded surface in order to prevent accumulation of foreign contaminants such as bacteria or dust. Cable glands have no sharp edges or bare bolting threads. Cable glands can be washed quickly by water or steam jets due to their smooth surface finish. Advancement in technology and rise in number of applications are driving the demand for cable glands. Cable glands are used in applications in pharmaceutical labs, semiconductor manufacturing, and industries such as food & dairy processing, chemical production, and chemical processing.
Key Drivers of Global Cable Glands Market
- Global increase in construction activities is expected to be a major factor driving the demand for cable glands during the forecast period. Cable glands are employed extensively in junction boxes, electric panels, and power connectors in buildings. Hence, rise in the construction of new buildings is likely to boost the demand for cable glands during the forecast period.
- Upgrade and renewal of existing networks owing to governmental; regulations; expansion of the construction industry; rise in global demand for energy; and growth of the real estate sector are estimated to boost the cable glands market in the near future
Brass Cable Material Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on cable material, the brass segment dominated the global cable glands market in 2020. It is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period. Cable glands made up of nickel-plated brass are used broadly in petrochemical and oil & gas industries, since they provide superior protection against contamination and corrosion in hostile environments. Aluminum and stainless steel are also being increasingly used in the production of cable glands. Aluminum is an abundant metal, while stainless steel offers several benefits such as temperature and pressure insulation.
Oil & Gas End-use Industry Segment to Lead Global Market
- Oil & gas industry was a highly prominent segment of the global market in terms of demand in 2020. It is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period.
- Large-scale upgrade and construction of oil refineries is driving the demand for cable management tools, including cable glands, across the globe. Power & utility has traditionally been a major end-user of the global cable glands market.
Global Cable Glands Market: Restraining Factor
- Fluctuation in prices of raw materials and high competition in the market are projected to affect manufacturers in the near future. Manufacturers of cable glands plan to extend their geographical reach in order to attract new consumers and decrease their dependence on third-party suppliers.
Covid-19 Impact on Cable Glands Market
- Halt in manufacturing activities across various end-use industries has weakened the demand for various products including cable glands. Decrease in construction activities and manufacturing capacities has adversely affected the demand for cable management tools. This has negatively impacted the cable glands market. However, gradual recovery of the economy and the stability across the market depending on the course of COVID-19's prevalence and subsequent resuming of manufacturing activities are likely to boost the demand for cable glands in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Cable Glands Market
- In terms of region, the global cable glands market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the market for cable glands in 2020. Rapid industrialization in developing countries such as China and India; and growth in awareness regarding cable glands have contributed to the growth of the market in the region. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is rich in mines, refineries, and chemicals. Therefore, adoption of industrial equipment such as cable glands has been rising significantly in the region.
- The market in Europe is projected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. High demand for cable glands in industries such as construction, power & utility, and aerospace is boosting the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Market
Manufacturers are adopting different strategies such as acquisitions, mergers, product launches, and partnerships. Key players operating in the global cable glands market include:
- Hubbell Incorporated
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Amphenol Corporation
- Eaton Corporation PLC
- ABB Ltd.
- Cortem Group
- Bartec Group
- CMP Products Limited
- Jacob GmbH
Global Cable Glands Market: Research Scope
Global Cable Glands Market, by Type
Global Cable Glands Market, by Cable Material
- Stainless Steel
Global Cable Glands Market, by End-use Industry
- Manufacturing & Processing
- Oil & Gas
- Power & Utility
Global Cable Glands Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.