Ethyl Tertiary Butyl Ether Market: Overview
- Ethyl tertiary butyl ether (ETBE) is produced from the reaction of isobutene (57%) and ethanol (43%).
- Ethyl tertiary butyl ether is used as oxygenate and octane boosting agent in the production of gasoline. It is primarily employed as fuel component in industrial fuel.
- Ethyl tertiary butyl ether contains raw material produced from renewable resources; as a result, it produces less CO2 emissions compared to methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE), which helps to ease climate change
Growth in Gasoline-Powered Application to Drive Ethyl Tertiary Butyl Ether Market
- Growth in gasoline-powered application is propelling the demand for ethyl tertiary butyl ether
- Rise in demand for organic solvents used in industrial and commercial chemical industries is also driving the demand for ethyl tertiary butyl ether
- Ethyl tertiary butyl ether is increasingly used in the production of isobutylene, which is employed in butyl rubber and ethyl methacrylate processing
- Growth in restrictions on usage of methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) in gasoline production in several countries across the globe is propelling the market for ethyl tertiary butyl ether
- Volatility in prices of raw materials is a key restraint for manufacturers of ethyl tertiary butyl ether
- The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely impacted the industrial supply-chain of ethyl tertiary butyl ether. Supply shortage has also led to an increase in prices of raw materials. The industrial shutdown caused by the pandemic has disrupted industrial manufacturing operations. This has also negatively impacted the demand for ethyl tertiary butyl ether in various end-use industries. Affected downstream supply chain might take longer to recover. The industrial shutdown has also hampered product and inventory transportation, as logistic services have been adversely affected.
Direct Solvent Application Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on application, the global ethyl tertiary butyl ether market can be segmented into direct solvent, chemical intermediate, and others
- The direct solvent segment is anticipated to dominate the market followed by chemical intermediate segment.
Industrial Fluids End-use Industry Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on end-use industry, the ethyl tertiary butyl ether market can be divided into industrial fluids, consumer goods, chemical industries, and others
- The industrial fluids segment is expected to dominate the ethyl tertiary butyl ether market during the forecast period
- Growth in consumer goods segment is expected to drive the demand for ethyl tertiary butyl ether during the forecast period
- The chemical industries segment is also anticipated to experience significant growth opportunities during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Ethyl Tertiary Butyl Ether Market
- In terms of region, the global ethyl tertiary butyl ether market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019, due to the increase in consumption of ethyl tertiary butyl ether in the region. Rise in demand for industrial chemical derivatives and organic compounds in various industries is further driving the market in the region.
- North America is also estimated to hold key share of the global ethyl tertiary butyl ether market during the forecast period
- Growth of the market in Europe can be ascribed to the rise in ethanol consumption in the region. Additionally, presence of large numbers of chemical manufacturers in Germany and France is boosting the demand for ethyl tertiary butyl ether in Europe.
Key Players in Market
The global ethyl tertiary butyl ether market is fragmented, with the presence of several regional and global manufacturers. Prominent players operating in the market are adopting different strategies such as acquisition, product launch, and merger to maintain their leading position. Key players are investing in technological developments in order to maintain their leading position.
Prominent players operating in the global ethyl tertiary butyl ether market include:
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Evonik Industries AG
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- LyondellBasell Industries N.V.
- Huntsman Corporation
- China National Petroleum Corporation
- Emirates National Oil Company
Global Ethyl Tertiary Butyl Ether Market: Research Scope
Global Ethyl Tertiary Butyl Ether Market, by Application
- Direct Solvent
- Chemical Intermediate
Global Ethyl Tertiary Butyl Ether Market, by End-use Industry
- Industrial Fluids
- Consumer Goods
- Chemical Industries
Global Ethyl Tertiary Butyl Ether Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.