Epileptic Seizures Treatment Market
Epileptic Seizures Treatment Market (Therapeutic: Midazolam, Alprazolam, Diazepam, Lorazepam, Phenytoin, Fosphenytoin, and Others; Type: Repetitive Seizures, Status Epilepticus, and Others; Route of Administration: Oral/Buccal, Rectal, Nasal, and Parenteral; and Distribution Channel: Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Development of New Vaccines and Drugs to Increase Adoption of Existing Epileptic Seizures Treatment
Epilepsy is categorized as a chronic disease of the brain and continues to affect millions of individuals worldwide. Although the prevalence of epilepsy is marginally higher in men compared to women, it affects individuals from all age groups. The prevalence of focal seizures is higher than that of generalized seizures in both, children as well as adults. The prevalence of epileptic seizures is higher in low to middle-income countries due to which, the demand for epileptic seizure treatment is high from developing regions. Some of the major factors responsible for the high prevalence of epileptic seizures in developing regions include acute symptomatic seizures, misdiagnosis, and lack of advanced medical infrastructure.
As epilepsy continues to emerge as a critical cause of mortality and disability around the world, considerable attention has been given to the development and discovery of new epileptic seizures treatment– a factor that is expected to drive the epileptic seizures treatment market during the forecast period. At present, players involved in the current epileptic seizures treatment market are increasingly focusing on reducing the burden of epileptic seizures, improving the access to the existing epileptic seizures treatments, and development of new vaccines and drugs particularly in the low/middle-income countries.
At the back of these factors, along with considerable rise in the number of research and development activities, the global epileptic seizures treatment market is on course to surpass the US$ 1.8 Bn mark by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Epileptic Seizures Treatment Market
Increasing Focus on Providing Seizure-free Life to Fuel Innovations
Over the past few decades, apart from conventional strategies deployed to treat epileptic seizures, including medicine and surgery, a number of alternative treatment options such as deep brain stimulation, vague nerve stimulation, and adoption of ketogenic diet have emerged. As the focus on providing a seizure-free life continues to remain high, considerable improvements have been made in epilepsy diagnosis and treatment. For instance, a range of wearable seizure detectors have been developed that play a key role in tracking the seizure activities of individuals. These devices are likely to minimize unexpected deaths caused by uncontrolled seizures and thereby, increase the demand for epileptic seizures treatment.
Due to the increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries, a number of new treatment alternatives have gained considerable momentum in recent years. For instance, stereotactic radiosurgery has gradually gained considerable spotlight as a feasible, effective, and an ideal minimally invasive epileptic seizures treatment– a factor that will continue to drive the growth of the global epileptic seizures treatment market in the upcoming years. Furthermore, MRI-guided laser ablation is another treatment alternative that is expected to gain noteworthy adoption in the upcoming years and provide a considerable boost to the growth of the market for epileptic seizures treatment.
While advancements at the surgical front are expected to remain steady throughout the forecast period, considerable progress has been made in the drug-based treatment sphere. A number of researchers and medical experts is increasingly collaborating with each other to improve the current state of epileptic seizures treatment– a factor that is likely to boost market growth.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Adoption of Telemedicine Services to Grow amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The advent of the novel COVID-19 pandemic is projected to have a low impact on the overall growth of the global epileptic seizures treatment market in 2020. Research and development activities in the epileptic seizures treatment market continue to explore the potential risk of contracting the COVID-19 infection among epileptic patients. Some research findings suggest that epileptic patients are at a higher risk of contracting the novel coronavirus disease due to which, the demand for telemedicine services continues to grow within the epileptic seizures treatment market. The increasing demand for telemedicine epileptic seizures treatment during the ongoing pandemic is projected to provide a considerable boost to the growth of the global epileptic seizures treatment market in 2020.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Epileptic Seizures Treatment Market
The global epileptic seizures treatment market is expected to grow at a moderate CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. Increasing prevalence of epileptic seizures in patients worldwide, focus on providing a seizure-free life to patients, entry of a number of seizure detection devices, advancements in technology, and focus on research and development. Market players should focus on improving the efficacy of existing treatments and improving the accessibility to current epileptic seizures treatments particularly in developing regions.
Epileptic Seizures Treatment Market: Overview
- Seizures, which are abnormal movements or behavior due to unusual electrical activity in the brain, are symptoms of epilepsy
- Epilepsy is a chronic brain disease, which is non-communicable, affecting people of all ages. It causes recurring seizures, which are short episodes of involuntary movement.
- Several drugs are used for treatment of epileptic seizures; however benzodiazepine class is the most common, which is highly used for the control of seizures
- Benzodiazepine drugs are more effective therapy for epileptic seizures. These have been developed with less possible side effects and novel route of administration in the past few years.
- Phenytoin, fosphenytoin, and other ant-epileptic drugs are also used for the treatment of epileptic seizures
Epileptic Seizures Treatment Market: Drivers
- Rise in prevalence of status epilepticus and acute repetitive seizures is the major factor boosting the growth of the global epileptic seizures treatment market
- Introduction of novel drug treatments and route of administration for epileptic seizures fuels the growth of the global epileptic seizures treatment market
- For instance, in January 2020, the U.S. FDA approved Neurilis, Inc.’s Valtoco (diazepam nasal spray) in the U.S. This is a new seizure medicine designed to treat periods of frequent seizures or cluster seizures.
- Moreover, genetic factors associated with brain malformations & epileptic seizures, and increase in incidence of cardiovascular diseases, head injuries, brain cancer, infections, and substance abuse are the other factors accelerating the growth of the global epileptic seizures treatment market
Market Segmentation: Epileptic Seizures Treatment Market
- In terms of therapeutic, the global epileptic seizures treatment market has been classified into midazolam, alprazolam, diazepam, lorazepam, phenytoin, fosphenytoin, and others
- Based on type, the global epileptic seizures treatment market has been divided into repetitive seizures, status epilepticus, and others. The status epilepticus segment has been bifurcated into convulsive status epilepticus and non-convulsive status epilepticus.
- In terms of route of administration, the global epileptic seizures treatment market has been categorized into oral/buccal, rectal, nasal, and parenteral
- Based on distribution channel, the global epileptic seizures treatment market has been segregated into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- Each of the epileptic seizures treatment market segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights
- The epileptic seizures treatment market report provides current and future revenues (US$ Mn) for each of the segments for the period from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (percentage CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2020 to 2030, along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Epileptic Seizures Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global epileptic seizures treatment market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- North America dominated the global epileptic seizures treatment market in 2019, and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period
- The current and future sizes of the epileptic seizures treatment market, in terms of value (US$ Mn), of regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report for the period from 2018 to 2030, along with their CAGRs for the period from 2020 to 2030
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the market, which would help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market shares and help in the decision-making process
- The epileptic seizures treatment market report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the market
- Key players analyzed in the epileptic seizures treatment market report are
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- UCB S.A.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Apotex, Inc.
- Alexza Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Neurelis, Inc.
- Veriton Pharma
- Each of these players has been profiled in the global epileptic seizures treatment market report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Epileptic Seizures Treatment Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global epileptic seizures treatment market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the overall market revenue of the global epileptic seizures treatment market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global epileptic seizures treatment market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global epileptic seizures treatment market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global epileptic seizures treatment market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global epileptic seizures treatment market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global epileptic seizures treatment market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global epileptic seizures treatment market. Key players operating in the global epileptic seizures treatment market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global epileptic seizures treatment market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Epileptic Seizures Treatment Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by each therapeutic, type, route of administration, and distribution channel segment of the global epileptic seizures treatment market across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global epileptic seizures treatment market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which region is likely to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which epileptic seizures treatment segments are expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2030? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What is the market share or position of different companies operating in the global market in 2019?
Epileptic Seizures Treatment Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global epileptic seizures treatment market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, pipeline analysis, disease prevalence in key countries, key industry events, and impact of COVID-19 in global epileptic seizures treatment market have been provided.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into small ones. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global epileptic seizures treatment market in terms of therapeutic, type, route of administration, distribution channel, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2030 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global epileptic seizures treatment market.
Epileptic Seizures Treatment Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global epileptic seizures treatment market includes information divided into four sections: therapeutic, type, route of administration, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the global epileptic seizures treatment market have been discussed in detail.
Route of Administration