Epilepsy is common neurological disorder, which normally affects 1 in every 103 persons. Epilepsy is caused by recurring disruption in the brain’s activity that is generally short-lived. Epilepsy is most commonly diagnosed in childhood and in people over 60 years of age; however, it can affect anyone. The symptoms of epilepsy include seizure depends on the part of the brain that is affected and the extent of disruption. The frequency of seizure attacks increase due to by factors such as stress, poor sleep, anxiety, excessive alcohol consumption, fever, or flashing/flickering lights.
Increasing incidence of epilepsy is likely to fuel the demand for continuous epilepsy monitoring devices. These devices employ the electroencephalography technique to diagnose brain abnormalities. These devices can detect a seizure attack and alert or notify the person who can respond. Devices can be used by child as well as adult patients. Some devices also store data about the seizure, which can be shared with physicians. These devices do not prevent, treat, or diagnose seizures or epilepsy. The two types of epilepsy monitoring devices available in the market are conventional ECG devices and wearable ECG devices.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Epilepsy Monitoring Devices Market” here
Global Epilepsy Monitoring Devices Market – Competitive Landscape
Major players have adopted strategies such as partnerships, agreements, new product development, and collaborations to gain competitive advantage in the global epilepsy monitoring devices market.
- In February 2019, Empatica Inc. and Eisai Inc., the U.S. pharmaceutical subsidiary of Eisai Co., Ltd., entered into an agreement to co-promote Embrace2 device for people living with epilepsy in the U.S.
- In January 2019, Empatica Inc. received clearance from the FDA for Embrace, which is a wearable smartwatch useful in the management of epilepsy in children. Embrace is the first non-EEG (non-electroencephalogram) based physiology signal seizure monitoring system.
Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Founded in 1891, Koninklijke Philips N.V is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum, ranging from healthy living and prevention to diagnosis, treatment, and home care. The company operates through four business segments: diagnostics & treatment, connected care & health informatics, personal health, and others. The company has 82 production sites in 22 countries and sales and service outlets in around 100 countries.
- Established in 1949, Medtronic is based in Minneapolis, U.S. The company operates through four main business segments: Cardiac & Vascular Group, Minimally Invasive Therapies Group, Restorative Therapies Group and diabetes group. Medtronic operates in 160 countries across 480 locations globally, serving more than 65 million patients. It holds more than 45,000 patents in the medical technology industry.
- Founded in 1987, Compumedics Limited is currently based in Melbourne, Australia. The company engages in the design, development, and commercialization of diagnostics technology for brain, sleep, and ultrasonic blood-flow monitoring devices. The company has two subsidiaries: Germany-based DWL Elektronishe Systeme GmbH and U.S.-based Neuroscan. Compumedics provides medical devices in the Americas, Europe, Australia, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East. The company also offers neurological products, which include epilepsy monitoring devices.
Natus Medical Incorporated
- Founded in 1989, Natus Medical Incorporated is a leading provider of newborn care and neurology health care products and services that are used to screen, detect, diagnose, monitor, and track medical ailments of patients suffering with hearing impairment, epilepsy, sleep disorders, mobility disorders, and neurological dysfunction. The company has established a customer base that includes clinics, hospitals, physicians, audiologists, and governmental agencies. The company offers innovative products, such as Natus Quantum LTM Amplifier, for epilepsy monitoring.
Global Epilepsy Monitoring Devices Market – Dynamics
Rising incidences of epileptic seizures to propel the market
The global epilepsy monitoring devices market is projected to expand at a rapid pace due to rising incidences of epileptic seizures. Increasing epilepsy diagnosis is also a major factor boosting the demand for epilepsy monitoring devices. According to World Health Organization, around 50 million people worldwide are living with epilepsy, and nearly 80% of people with epilepsy live in low- and middle-income countries. According to Epilepsy Foundation of America, in the U.S., more than 3.4 million cases of epilepsy are registered every year.
Need an Overview of the Report on Epilepsy Monitoring Devices Market? Ask for the Brochure here
Manufacturers focus on launch of innovative products to boost epilepsy monitoring devices market
Manufacturers in the epilepsy monitoring devices market are strongly focused on increasing investment in research and development activities in order to design and develop new and innovative epilepsy monitoring devices. For instance, several seizure monitoring unit companies have introduced wearable devices, such as epilepsy monitoring watch, and others for the detection of epilepsy
Global Epilepsy Monitoring Devices Market – Segmentation
Based on product, the global epilepsy monitoring devices market can be divided into:
- Conventional EEG Devices
- Wearable EEG Devices
In terms of end-user, the global epilepsy monitoring devices market can be classified into:
- Home Care Settings
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.