Epilators Market: Introduction
- An epilator is a tool used to remove hair that grows on the skin at its roots. The function of the epilator is similar to hair removal, as it removes multiple hair at once from the skin. The device is easy to use, portable, and does not require periodic replacement. Epilators are relatively a better option than electric shavers and razors as they remove hair from the roots. However, the use of an epilator can be fairly painful, especially for first-time users; therefore, consumers prefer to wax from a professional compared to using epilators to remove hair. Nevertheless, the global epilators market is expected to grow rapidly due to a few advantages of the epilator over the usual method of hair removal such as shaving and waxing.
Key Drivers of the Epilators Market
- The global epilators market is flourishing due to the growing demand for advanced technology equipment and products that make everyday life easier, as well as the growing beauty salon industry worldwide. In addition, an increasing number of working women and women with children, who do not have much time to go to a salon, are expected to contribute to the increase in acceptance of epilators, which is estimated to promote the growth of the epilators market worldwide in the coming years.
- A few epilator-related benefits, such as time saving, and less stress on the fixtures/ attachments, compared to conventional hair removal methods (shaving and waxing), are expected to contribute to growth in the global epilators market.
- Technological advancement in consumer goods in the personal care sector have also contributed to the development of epilators, Epilators are a great way to remove hair as it removes hair from the roots, without leaving a scar on the skin. Thus, these devices provide smoothness to the skin as it removes hair from the roots. In addition, epilators are available at an affordable price in the market. The growing purchasing power is contributing to the increasing demand for personal care products including epilators, which is expected to further drive the growth of the epilators market.
Key Opportunities of the Epilators Market
- Key players in this market focus on sustainable growth strategies such as product approvals, innovations, new product launches, and product development, to expand their global presence and become market leaders. For example, Panasonic Corporation introduced a variety of new epilators such as Panasonic ES-WH90, ES-ED70, ES-EU20, ES-EU10, ES-ED94, ES-EL3A, and ES-EL8A, etc., by the end of 2020, offering an effective hair removal experience for users. Each new epilator is designed for a unique purpose as the Panasonic ES-ED70 provides fast and light epilation in bath and shower, ES-EU10 is suitable for both dry and wet conditions etc. These latest epilators are seeing high demand from women due to their wet performance on legs, armpits, face, bikini area etc.
Key Restraints of the Epilators Market
- Skin bumps are a major side effect of hair removal using an epilator and is a factor affecting market growth. In addition, the painful method of hair removal with an epilator and lack of information about the product in underdeveloped economies hinders the growth of the global epilators market. Epilators do not remove dead or tanned skin. Often scratches, swelling, and sore skin are seen after using epilators to remove hair. Removal of facial hair with an epilator can be a painful sensation due to skin sensitivity. These factors are barriers to the growth of the epilators market.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Epilators Market
- In terms of region, the global epilators market is classified into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA).
- North America contributes a large share to the global epilators market. Increased spending on personal grooming, rising number of electrical outlets, and increasing hygiene concerns are some of the factors driving the market in the region. On the other hand, consumers in developing regions such as Asia Pacific and MEA still prefer traditional methods of hair removal such as wax or using a razor blade. Lack of knowledge and inability to afford the product may limit the growth of epilators in developing regions.
Key Players Operating in the Epilators Market Include:
- Panasonic Corporation
- Procter & Gamble
- Emjoi, Inc.
- Bestron Nederland BV
- Beurer GmbH
- Conair Corporation
- Havells India Ltd.
- Morphy Richards India
- EpiladyUSA. Inc.
Global Epilators Market: Research Scope
Global Epilators Market: by Type
- Rotating Disc
Global Epilators Market: by Technology
- Manual Epilators
- Electric Epilators
Global Epilators Market, by Application
- Facial Epilators
- Body Epilators
Global Epilators Market, by Price
Global Epilators Market, by Gender
Global Epilators Market, by End-users
Global Epilators Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company Website
- E-commerce Website
- Specialty Stores
- Supermarket/ Hypermarket
- Others (social media platforms, electronic stores, etc.)
Global Epilators Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.