Enteric Soft Gel Capsules Market
Enteric Soft Gel Capsules Market (Application: Antibiotic & Antibacterial Drugs, Vitamins & Dietary Supplements, Antacid & Antiflatulent Preparations, and Others; Type: Gelatin Capsules and Non-gelatin Capsules; and End User: Pharmaceutical Industry, Nutraceutical Industry, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Significant Improvements in Efficacy of Newly Developed Enteric Soft Gel Capsules to Fuel Market Growth
Consumer preferences continue to evolve at a rapid pace and its effects can be observed in the current enteric soft gel capsules market. Over the past decade, the dietary supplements landscape has gained a great amount of popularity and largely dominated by pills. While a host of innovative and diversified delivery systems has entered the fray, the demand for conventional delivery systems, including soft gels, capsules, and tablets has remained stable, owing to a range of factors. Some of the major factors that are likely to propel the demand for enteric soft gel capsules in the coming years include consumer awareness & familiarity, stringent quality control measures, and format reliability.
In the past few years, technological advancements in the enteric soft gel capsules market have increased the efficacy of enteric soft gel capsules and simultaneously improved the convenience for consumers. Due to these factors, the adoption of conventional delivery systems, including enteric soft gel capsules is expected to remain stable during the forecast period (2019-2027). Moreover, the growing emphasis on preventive care, and research and development activities will trigger the growth of the global enteric soft gel capsules market, which is projected to reach a market value of ~US$ 380 Mn by the end of 2027.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Enteric Soft Gel Capsules Market
Demand for Plant-based Enteric Soft Gel Capsules Likely to Gain Momentum
The global enteric soft gel capsules market is entering an era in which consumer preferences will remain pivotal in innovations and developments. The most notable trend that can be observed in the current market landscape as far as ingredients and formulations are concerned is the shift toward vegetarian and plant-based enteric soft gel capsules. Consumer demand for non-animal products is expected to play a key role in driving innovations in the enteric soft gel capsules market during the assessment period. According to multiple stakeholders in the current market landscape, due to religious, cultural, and animal cruelty concerns, consumers are swaying toward vegetarian enteric soft gel capsule formulations. While enteric soft gel capsules can be developed using an array of ingredients, including chicken, fish, and non-animal-derived gelatin, participants focused on the development of vegetarian enteric soft gel capsules are seeking solutions to address a few key challenges.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
According to the research presented by Transparency Market Research, the shell of the non-gelatin enteric soft gel capsules lacks the sturdiness provided by animal-derived gelatin. Furthermore, as the shell plant-based or vegetarian enteric soft gel capsules fall short in that regard, apprehensions regarding plant-based enteric soft gel capsules continue to mount. However, as starch-based technologies gain significant popularity in the enteric soft gel capsules market, the adoption rate is expected to increase during the forecast period. Stakeholders operating in the current market landscape are increasingly exploring other potential ingredients, including pullulan, tapioca, and enteric hard shells.
Stakeholders Focus on Innovations and Product Development
Participants in the current value chain are likely to focus on improving the bioavailability and absorption of their products by leveraging the advantages of different technologies. While advancements in delivery technologies primarily expected to enhance the efficacy of new ingredients, it also assists manufacturers in formulating new supplements with the desirable release time and dissolution rate. Another important factor that is expected to propel the demand for enteric soft gel capsules in the coming years is the user experience. As enteric soft gel capsules are easier to swallow, consumer demand for the same is scaling new heights. Additionally, the development of chewable enteric soft gel capsules that do not require water is expected to influence the growth of the market for enteric soft gel capsules during the forecast period.
Stakeholders are expected to take into account evolving consumer preferences while developing new enteric soft gel capsules. As per current trends, consumer preference for enteric soft gel capsules continues to be influenced by the quality of oxidant-resistant shell and the uniformity offered by these capsules. One of the key areas manufacturers are expected to focus on include overcoming the problems related to oxidation. Stakeholders are increasingly focusing on fulfilling the requirements of the end users, and comply with the required pharmaceutical and nutraceutical product regulations.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The global enteric soft gel capsules market is expected to grow at a steady CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period. The market is likely to grow due to an array of factors, including product innovation, rise in investments in research and development, and improvements in user experience and overall effectiveness of enteric soft gel capsules. Stakeholders operating in the current enteric soft gel capsules market should focus on the development of new capsules that are do not include animal-based gelatin. In addition, growing consumer awareness pertaining to the potential benefits of nutraceuticals will propel the enteric soft gel capsules market during the forecast period.
Enteric Soft Gel Capsules Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the enteric soft gel capsules market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and forecast period of 2019–2027, growing demands by pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries and rising R&D activities for the development of novel drug delivery systems are anticipated to drive the global enteric soft gel capsules market
- According to the report, the global enteric soft gel capsules market was valued at US$ 210.3 Mn in 2018. The enteric soft gel capsules market is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~7% from 2019 to 2027.
Swift Growth of Nutraceutical and Pharmaceutical Industries to Propel Market: A Key Driver
- Biopharmaceutical & pharmaceutical companies and consumer health & nutrition industries are major end users of enteric capsules. Therefore, demand for enteric capsules is largely dependent on expansion of life sciences and healthcare industries. The life sciences industry is expanding at a rapid pace in emerging markets. This is projected to boost the enteric soft gel capsules market during the forecast period.
Focus on Customized Standards
- In the enteric soft gel capsules market, companies are gaining expertise in custom synthesis by designing different methods for synthesis of capsules. Custom synthesis of enteric soft gel capsules is backed by analytical data to suit the needs of the customer. Moreover, companies keep stock of custom synthesized enteric soft gel capsule products for rapid reorder availability.
- Various manufacturers of enteric capsules are taking efforts to ensure the availability of a range of seamless scale up options. These companies are also focused on transferring custom synthesized enteric capsule materials to large-scale manufacturing facilities and GMP facilities.
- For instance, Capsugel produces Coni-Snap capsules for pharmaceuticals and healthcare companies worldwide. The enteric capsule product comprises company patented design and technology (lipid-based technologies). Coni-Snap Sprinkle capsules are specifically designed to be easily opened by patients and care-givers, enabling them to dose the contents of the capsule in a consistent manner. Coni-Snap capsules are utilized in diverse applications due to their availability in multiple sizes, colors, and printing options. Moreover, Coni-Snap can be also customized to meet specific drug profile requirements, making them a unique and innovative delivery system. These scenarios are expected to drive the growth of global enteric soft gel capsules market in coming years.
Social and Ethical Obligations to Hamper Global Market
- Major enteric capsule manufacturing source is gelatin. Gelatin is obtained from tissues, skin, and bones of domestic animals such as pigs (porcine gelatin), marine animals (marine gelatin), chicken (chicken gelatin), and ox and other cattle (bovine gelatin). Porcine and bovine are extensively utilized sources of gelatin to manufacture enteric capsule. On the other hand, other source of manufacturing the enteric and enteric capsule is marine gelatin.
- However, social and ethical obligations (prohibition of use of animal products as per religious rules) are likely to restrain the adoption of these products during the forecast period
- Non-gelatin capsules are slowly getting acceptance in pharma and nutraceutical industries. The non-gelatin capsule segment is expected to grow rapidly in the next few years.
- Well-documented synthesis of standard gelatin capsules is considerably inexpensive than natural source. This imposes pricing pressure on major enteric soft gel capsules manufacturers, thereby increasing the prices of enteric capsules. Dominance of local players offering a wide range of enteric capsules at lower rates hampers geographic expansion of major players in a particular region and consequently, restrains the enteric soft gel capsules market.
Enteric Soft Gel Capsules Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global enteric soft gel capsules market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The enteric soft gel capsules market is highly fragmented, with presence of a large number of international as well as regional players in the market
- Prominent enteric capsule players operating in the global enteric soft gel capsules market include
- ACG Worldwide
- HealthCaps India Ltd
- Natural Capsules Limited
- CapsCanada Corporation
- Gelita AG
Enteric Soft Gel Capsules Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the global enteric soft gel capsules market are engaged in development of natural capsules, increase in plant capacity, key mergers & acquisitions, and collaborations. Major developments by key players are likely to fuel the global enteric soft gel capsules market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the enteric soft gel capsules market are as follows:
- In February 2019, ACG expanded its footprint in Brazil with the launch of its new capsules manufacturing plant in Pouso Alegre-Minas Gerais
- In February 2018, CapsCanada invested US$ 28 Mn in new 100,000 square foot K-CAPS facility with additional 50% capsule production increase; nearly 3-times the amount CapsCanada invested in a 2014 HPMC capsule expansion, to meet rising global demand for K-CAPS.
- In July 2017, Lonza completed the acquisition of Capsugel S.A. Under the agreement, Lonza paid US$ 5.5 Bn in cash, including refinancing of existing Capsugel debt of approximately US$ 2 Bn for the acquisition of Capsugel, a world leader in advanced oral dosage delivery technologies with a leading position in hard capsules.
- The report on the global enteric soft gel capsules market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of enteric capsules products. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the enteric soft gel capsules market report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global enteric soft gel capsules market.
Enteric Soft Gel Capsules Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global enteric soft gel capsules market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides overall market revenue of the global enteric soft gel capsules market for the period of 2017–2027, with 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global enteric soft gel capsules market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts wherein, analysts carry out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global enteric soft gel capsules market.
Secondary research also includes internet sources and statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global enteric soft gel capsules market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global enteric soft gel capsules market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global enteric soft gel capsules market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global enteric soft gel capsules market. Key players operating in the global enteric soft gel capsules market have been identified and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of players in the global enteric soft gel capsules market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Enteric Soft Gel Capsules Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the enteric soft gel capsules market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the enteric soft gel capsules market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global enteric soft gel capsules market?
- Will North America continue to remain the most profitable regional market for enteric capsules providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to impede the growth of the global enteric soft gel capsules market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global enteric soft gel capsules market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global enteric soft gel capsules market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global enteric soft gel capsules market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the enteric soft gel capsules market as primary sources.
These primary and secondary sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the enteric soft gel capsules market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global enteric soft gel capsules market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global enteric soft gel capsules market more reliably and accurately.
Enteric Soft Gel Capsules Market – Segmentation
Antibiotic & Antibacterial Drugs
Vitamins & Dietary Supplements
Antacid & Antiflatulent Preparations
Middle East & Africa