Endodontic Consumables Market
Endodontic Consumables Market (Product: Access Cavity Preparation, Shaping & Cleaning, and Obturation; and End User: Hospitals, Dental Clinics, and Academic & Research Institutes) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Improved Consumables for Root Canal Treatment Help Clinicians to Gain Trust of Individuals
Growing prevalence of dental problems in individuals has triggered the demand for improved endodontics consumables. Companies in the endodontic consumables market are aiming toward transformation of root canal treatment. Hence, they are introducing new range of consumables to provide relief in patients. For instance, in March 2019, the U.S. dental equipment maker Dentsply Sinora revealed its root canal treatment solution TruNatomy™ with increased efficacy in advanced engineering.
Companies are collaborating with skilled practitioners and leaders in the field of endodontics to boost their credibility credentials in the global endodontic consumables market. They are combining Swiss precision with advanced engineering to enhance user experience of clinicians. As such, among end users, the dental clinics segment of the endodontic consumables market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 600 Mn by 2027. Hence, manufacturers are increasing their focus on meeting the requirements of clinicians. Increasing number of clinicians are gaining the trust of individuals, as efficient performance whilst maintaining tooth anatomy in dental procedures lead to better outcomes in individuals.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Endodontic Consumables Market
Software and Design Innovations in Obturation Systems Offer Lucrative Opportunities
Manufacturers in the market for endodontic consumables are developing advanced obturation systems to support root canal treatments. They are increasing research to cater to the needs of clinicians to ensure the fill is accomplished efficiently and accurately while obturating a root canal. As such, the obturation product segment of the endodontic consumables market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 600 Mn by 2027. Hence, companies are increasing their efficacy in intelligent software and metallurgy to develop technologically advanced obturation units.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Convenient cartridge delivery and design innovations are some of the key drivers that are triggering the growth for the endodontic consumables market. Companies in the endodontic consumables market are developing cordless obturation systems to cater the unmet needs of clinicians. For instance, in September 2019, Kerr Endodontics - a manufacturer of endodontic instruments and supplies, announced the launch of their new cordless elements™ IC obturation system to expand their portfolio of endodontic devices.
High-tech Irrigation Systems Improve Debriment and Disinfection Results in Patients
The endodontic consumables market is witnessing technological improvements in endodontic irrigation systems. Innovations in the endodontic technology are fueling market growth. For instance, in April 2019, California-based medical equipment manufacturer Sonendo, announced the launch of GentleWave® System, a novel irrigation technology, in Canada at the American Association of Endodontists.
Growing number of root canal cases is driving the demand for innovative irrigation systems that provide relief to individuals. Companies in the endodontic consumables market are increasing efforts to meet the needs of individuals and clinicians for painless treatment procedures. They are developing advanced systems that deploy high-tech irrigation efficacy to support the ever-expanding global network of progressive practices in the dental care industry. Manufacturers in the market for endodontic consumables are increasing focus on improving debriment and disinfection results in individuals.
Companies Increase Production of Irrigants to Support Shaping and Cleaning Procedures
Endodontists are increasing their efforts to master the technique of irrigation in shaping and cleaning procedures. As such, the shaping & cleaning product segment dominates the endodontic consumables market. This segment is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 700 Mn by the end of 2027. Hence, companies operating in the endodontic consumables market are increasing their production capacities to manufacture irrigation chemicals and devices to improve the cleaning and disinfection procedures of root canal systems.
However, certain limitations of root canal irrigants act as a challenge for manufacturers. For instance, sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl) is highly recommended for routine clinical use, owing to its excellent antimicrobial properties. However, NaOCl does not remove the smear layer by itself, since it only dissolves organic material. Hence, companies in the endodontic consumables market are increasing awareness about utilizing NaOCl within the confines of root canal systems. They are increasing R&D to develop nontoxic and biocompatible irrigants that dissolve organic tissues and effectively remove the smear layer. Companies in the market for endodontic consumables are increasing the production of ethylenediaminetetracetic acid (EDTA), since the novel irrigant provides better outcomes in cleaning and shaping procedures, as compared to NaOCl.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The endodontic consumables market is largely fragmented with five major players accounting for only ~34% of the total market share. This creates opportunities for new and emerging players to innovate in cutting-edge root canal treatment solutions that enable superior performance in debridement and debris removal.
However, during the root canal treatment, clinicians come across limitations with the usage of hand files, since they lack flexibility, leading to procedural errors. Hence, manufacturers should increase the availability of reciprocating file systems to make preparation of root canal faster and safer. Moreover, manufacturers operating in the market for endodontic consumables should tap into opportunities in cordless obturation systems to offer clinicians with high-quality 3D endodontic obturation.
Endodontic Consumables Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current scenario and future prospects of the global endodontic consumables market. Rise in geriatric population is expected to increase at a rapid pace in next few years. Based on United Nations Report 2017, the geriatric population aged 62 years and above is expected to double by 2050. The number is anticipated to increase from 965 million in 2017 to ~2.2 billion by 2050.
- Moreover, the geriatric patient pool in developing regions such as Latin America, Asia, and Africa is likely to increase rapidly. Population in developed countries such as the U.S., Germany, and Japan is aging rapidly. According to the U.S. Census Board, people older than the age of 65 represented around 15% of the total population of the U.S. in 2010, and the number is expected to increase by about 25% by 2030.
- According to estimates by the United Nations University (UNU), one million people turn 60 all over the world every month. Furthermore, percentage of the world’s population above the age of 65 years is poised to increase from 8% in 2000 to 18% by 2050. These people are more susceptible to dental diseases and infections, which in turn is expected to drive the global endodontic consumables market.
- The report provides an elaborate executive summary, which provides a snapshot of various segments of the endodontic consumables market. It also provides information and data analysis of the endodontic consumables market with regards to segments based on product, end user, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers, restraints, and opportunities that impact the endodontic consumables market
- The report includes company profiles that provide information about their business, product portfolios, and competitive landscape in the endodontic consumables market
- The report on the endodontic consumables market offers market attractiveness analysis of regions and segments
- The last section of the endodontic consumables report comprises quantitative and qualitative analysis on market share/position of key players operating in the endodontic consumables market. It analyzes key competitive strategies adopted by major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the endodontic consumables market.
Endodontic Consumables Market: Key Segments
- In terms of product, the endodontic consumables market has been segmented into access cavity preparation, shaping & cleaning, and obturation. The access cavity preparation segment has been further sub-segmented into filling materials, permanent endodontic sealers, regenerative cements, and others. The shaping & cleaning segment has been further segregated into endodontic files & reamers, imaging solutions & lubricants, and others (gates, dental dam, etc.). The obturation segment has been split into filling materials, permanent endodontic sealers, regenerative cements, and others.
- The shaping & cleaning product segment dominated the endodontic consumables market in 2018. It is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. Rapid rise in adoption and demand for shaping and cleaning endodontic, and increase in the number of root canal surgeries are expected to drive the segment.
- In terms of end user, the endodontic consumables market has been categorized into hospitals, dental clinics, and academic & research institutes
- Hospitals and dental clinics end user segments held major share of the endodontic consumables market in 2018. Expansion of these segments can be attributed to a surge in new cases of root canal surgeries, tooth decay, and oral hygiene related treatments across the globe and patient preference for treatment in hospitals and clinics.
- Market size of the global endodontic consumables market and forecast for each of these segments have been provided from 2017 to 2027. The CAGR of respective segment has also been provided from 2019 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year.
Endodontic Consumables Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global endodontic consumables market has been divided into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia and New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region considered in the market has been further divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The endodontic consumables market report provides size and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2017 to 2027. The CAGR for each of these regions and countries have also been provided for the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The endodontic consumables market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Covered in Endodontic Consumables Market Report
- Key players in the global endodontic consumables market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major companies profiled in the endodontic consumables market report include
- Geistlich Pharma AG
- Zimmer Biomet
- Dentsply Sirona
- Institut Straumann AG
- BioHorizons IPH, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation (Nobel Biocare Services AG)
TMR’s report on the global endodontic consumables market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall market revenue of the endodontic consumables market for the period of 2017–2027, with 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the endodontic consumables market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein, analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the endodontic consumables market.
Secondary research also includes internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the endodontic consumables market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the endodontic consumables market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the endodontic consumables market. The next section of the endodontic consumables report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, key mergers & acquisitions, technological advancements, and key industry developments in the endodontic consumables market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the endodontic consumables market. Key players operating in the endodontic consumables market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of players in the endodontic consumables market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Endodontic Consumables Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments in the endodontic consumables market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the endodontic consumables market in terms of revenue by 2027?
- How mergers & acquisitions among players are widening the scope for market?
- What is the market positions of different companies operating in the endodontic consumables market?
Endodontic Consumables Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the endodontic consumables market begins with an overview of the said market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the endodontic consumables market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the endodontic consumables market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the endodontic consumables market. Furthermore, to understand the Y-o-Y trends of the endodontic consumables market, a Y-o-Y analysis with elaborated insights on the same has been provided. The next section of the endodontic consumables report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, key mergers & acquisitions, technological advancements, and key industry developments in the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the endodontic consumables market in terms of product, end-user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of them at the end of 2027 has been provided herein. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the endodontic consumables market.
Endodontic Consumables Market – Segmentation
Access Cavity Preparation
Others (Spreaders, pluggers, etc.)
Shaping & Cleaning
Endodontic Files & Reamers
Imaging Solutions & Lubricants
Others (Spreaders, pluggers, etc.)
Permanent Endodontic Sealers
Academic & Research Institutes
Middle East & Africa