EMC Shielding and Test Equipment: Introduction
- EMC (electromagnetic compatibility) offers assurance that electronic equipment operates as per the defined parameters in an electromagnetic environment. It tests the electronic equipment for lesser electromagnetic radiation.
- Two types of EMC shielding and test equipment are available in the market: EMC shielding and EMC test equipment, and these are used in consumer appliances and electronics, automotive, military and aerospace, IT and telecommunication, medical, railways, renewable energy, and industrial sectors.
- Surging demand for consumer electronics, rising adoption of electronic appliances in vehicles, a growing number of smartphones, increasing electromagnetic pollution, the influence of artificial intelligence, and the upcoming deployment of 5G cellular networks are the factors driving the global EMC shielding and test equipment market.
Rise in Demand for EMC Shielding
- EMC shielding is the fastest growing segment of the global EMC shielding and test equipment market.
- EMC shielding is used in various applications such as conductive coatings & paints, EMC shielding tapes & laminates, EMC filters, and metal shielding. These are majorly used for shielding various devices in end-use industries such as healthcare, consumer electronics, and automotive. The rising use of EMC shielding in various industries is expected to propel the growth of the global EMC shielding and test equipment market during the forecast period.
- EMC shielding is majorly used for conductive coatings & paints which also boosts the expansion of the segment
- The use of EMC shielding in the automotive segment is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to the rising number of electronic components and systems in newly manufactured automobiles.
- In October 2019, Keysight Technologies launched N9048B PXE Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) receiver of 44 GHz. This product supports emerging EMC compliance testing requirements as standard MIL-STD-461G and FCC Part 15.
- However, the high cost associated with EMC shielding and test equipment, and heavyweight machinery hinders the growth of the global EMC shielding and test equipment market. However, growing adoption of electric vehicles in Asia (China and Japan), Europe, and North America (U.S) creates growth opportunities for the global EMC shielding and test equipment market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the EMC Shielding and Test Equipment Market
- In terms of region, the global EMC shielding and test equipment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth in the EMC shielding and test equipment market during the forecast period due to increasing demand from countries such as Japan, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, and India.
- The rising use of electronic systems in the automotive industry is projected to propel the growth of the EMC shielding and test equipment market in the Asia Pacific region during the forecast period as Japan and China are major automotive hubs in APAC.
- Moreover, advancements in wireless cellular infrastructure and growing demand for consumer electronic products are expected to boost the demand for EMC shielding solutions and test equipment in the APAC region.
- The market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to the technically advanced infrastructure and the growing digital platforms in the region.
- On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global EMC Shielding and Test Equipment Market
The global EMC shielding and test equipment market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for EMC shielding and test equipment. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global EMC shielding and test equipment market include:
- PPG Industries
- Effective Shielding Company
- RTP Company
- Keysight Technologies
- EM Test
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on EMC Shielding and Test Equipment Market, Request for a Sample
Global EMC Shielding and Test Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global EMC Shielding and Test Equipment Market, by Type
- EMC Shielding
- EMC Test Equipment
Global EMC Shielding and Test Equipment Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer electronics
- Telecom & IT
Global EMC Shielding and Test Equipment Market, by Applications
- Consumer Appliances and Electronics
- Military and Aerospace
- IT and Telecommunication
- Renewable Energy
Global EMC Shielding and Test Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!