Email Security - Introduction
- Email security is a secure email communication technique to transfer and access sensitive information against unauthorized loss and compromise.
- Increase in digitization and adoption of cloud email services in different industries to reorganize the email security architecture of companies is expected to fuel the adoption of email security solutions in companies.
- Adoption of email security solutions in enterprises eliminates the need for expensive security solutions providers, which further improves phishing detection and provides good customer experience.
Global Email Security Market: Dynamics
Global Email Security Market: Key Drivers
- Adoption of email security solutions in enterprises is increasing consistently to reduce the workload of the IT department and to minimize manual management of email security in enterprises in order to block threats. This factor is expected to drive the email security market during the forecast period.
- Increase in investment in R&D activities and high rate of adoption of cloud-based technology to store and secure the high amount of data generated by governments and various industries is projected to drive the market during the forecast period
- Rise in adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) by large enterprises and SMEs to provide better security experience to customers is estimated to boost the demand for email security during the forecast period
- High implementation cost of email security solutions restrains the market
- Lack of awareness about email security solutions among enterprises further hinders the email security market
- Increase in adoption of email protection solutions to fulfil the requirements of managed security providers (MSP) creates significant opportunities for the email security market
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Email Security Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a severe impact on various industries across the globe, which has resulted in economic slowdown in most countries. Thus, it also has had a high impact on governments and corporate firms, which resulted in temporary and permanent closure of enterprises during the pandemic situation.
- Most companies have adopted work from home, due to the pandemic situation, for which companies need to provide a more secure way of communication to every employee working from a different location. It is essential to adopt email security solutions in a company, as most companies use email for secure communication with employees, clients, and vendors.
- Therefore, COVID-19 has boosted the email security market during the lockdown situation
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Email Security Market
- In terms of region, the global email security market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is a prominent region of the global market due to the significant presence of email security solution providers, and rise in investments by well-established IT companies in the U.S. and Canada to improve their email security platform, which is expected to fuel the demand for email security in the region
- Increasing number of smartphone users and internet users in Asia Pacific is anticipated to boost the demand for email security in the region
- Rising number of cybercrimes in Europe is expected to drive the demand for email security in the region
- Rise in adoption of bring your own device (BYOD) services in Middle East & Africa is expected to boost the demand for email security in the region during the forecast period
Global Email Security Market: Competition Landscape
- Several prominent players operating in the email security market have strong presence in the market and are witnessing rapid technological development
- In July 2020, Mimecast, a key player of the email security market, acquired Message Control, an email and messaging security provider, to modify the email security of Mimecast. This acquisition offers protection from threats to both companies.
- In May 2021, HelpSystems, LLC, a key player of the email security market, acquired Agari to detect and defend against fraud business emails and to respond to email attacks by using data science and cloud computing services to provide better customer experiences to clients.
Key Players Operating in Global Email Security Market Include:
- Apptix, Inc.
- BAE Systems plc
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Cryptzone Group AB
- Dell, Inc.
- Entrust Corporation
- Egress Software Technologies Ltd.
- FireEye, Inc.
- Fortinet, Inc.
- HelpSystems, LLC
- McAfee, Inc.
- Mimecast Services Limited.
- Proofpoint, Inc.
- SAP SE
- Sophos Ltd.
- Symantec Corporation
Global Email Security Market: Research Scope
Global Email Security Market, by Type
- Hybrid Email Encryption
- Gateway Email Encryption
- End to End Email Encryption
- Email Encryption
Global Email Security Market, by Component
- Training and Education
- Support and Maintenance
Global Email Security Market, by Industry Vertical
- Energy and Utilities
- IT and Telecom
Global Email Security Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small and Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprises
Global Email Security Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America