Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market: Introduction
- Electronically Commutated (EC) fans are used to generate a forced air flow in equipment to help in thermal management which in turn extends equipment life. DC and AC input fan categories are currently available.
- For several years, Electronically Commutated Motors (ECMs) needed individual DC power supply. This led to additional cost and complexity in applications.
- Electronically commutated fans which could be operated directly from AC mains incorporated with electronics became accessible in the early 2000s. The electronics in these EC fans transformed AC to DC, accomplished the commutation, and operated the fan speed by controlling the power to the motor - usually with pulse-width modulation (PWM).
Key Drivers of the Global Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market
- Energy saving is crucial in today’s era. The U.S. Department of Energy has verified that about 25% of the main energy consumption in the commercial and residential sector is used by components in equipment and appliances, and electric motor-driven systems.
- Substituting current equipment with innovative energy-efficient motors results in considerable drop in cost and energy usage. EC fans signify a substantial advancement in power savings technology, offering air flow and cooling solutions for today’s demanding applications that need better electrical efficiency. This factor is expected to drive the demand for electronically commutated fans world during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Growing Technological Advancement to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Many companies are replacing their existing fans with electronically commutated fans because of its efficiency, controllability, and cost saving characteristics. AC motors were widely used in HVAC and now EC fans are preferred.
- Growth of businesses in developing regions, growing infrastructural facilities, rise in sales of consumer goods, need for electric vehicles due to environmental concerns, and rapid growth in robotics is expected to create significant opportunities for the electronically commutated fans market.
Alternative Options to Hamper the Market
- Electronically commutated fans were developed some fifty years ago. Over the years, commercial applications have seen substantial improvement in motor technology and efficiency.
- Smart synchronous permanent magnet motor (SSPMM) might act as a restraint to the ECM market. This motor provides higher efficiency and consumes less energy. The motor helps in doing away with the power conversion process after the motor is started. This saves energy and increases efficiency. SSPMM eliminates the use of electronics and uses coil for any surge in line. However, this technology is expensive.
Asia Pacific Projected to be the Fastest Growing Region of the Global Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the electronically commutated fans market globally during the forecast years.
- Various industries are shifting their heavy manufacturing facilities to the APAC region. Therefore, the market in this region is anticipated to have the fastest growth rate throughout the forecast period.
- The markets in Europe and North America are expected to grow steadily. However, the demand is not stable in these regions as most end-user industries located in Europe and North America are shifting their production hubs to APAC to enhance their profit margins.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Government energy regulations worldwide are encouraging new players in the global electronically commutated fans market. Increase in the number of regional manufacturers is anticipated to impact the business of leading manufacturers. Companies are investing substantially in R&D of new fan technologies due to extensive competition between leading manufacturers. Some of the key players operating in the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market are listed below:
- Digi-Key Electronics
- Axair Fans UK Limited
- The ebm-papst Group
- Systemair AB
- Delta Electronics (Americas) Ltd.
- Continental Fan
- Rosenberg USA, Inc.
Global Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market: Research Scope
Global Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market, by Input Power
Global Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market, by Application
- Air Conditioners
- Ventilation systems
- Electronic Cabinets
- Others (Chillers, Range Hood, etc.)
Global Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.