Electronically Commutated [EC] Fans Market
Electronically Commutated [EC] Fans Market (Type: Centrifugal Fan, Axial Fan, Mixed Flow Fans, and Cross Flow Fans; Mounting Type: Spider Mounting and Cube Mounting; Voltage: Below 110 VAC, 110 VAC- 210 VAC, and Above 210 VAC; Motor Design: Internal Motor and External Motor; Motor Output Power: Below 0.5 HP [~350W], 0.5~ 1.0 HP [350~ 750W], 1.0~ 3.0 HP [750~ 2.3kW], 3.0 ~ 5.0HP [2.3 ~ 4 kW], and Above 5.0 HP [4kW ~]; and Application: Marine Industry, Food Processing & Manufacturing Industry, Automotive Industry, IT & Telecom Industry, HVAC, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- Factory Automation
- 182 Pages
Manufacturers Maintain Inventories to Ensure Deliveries during COVID-19 Crisis
The COVID-19 pandemic has heightened the importance for proper circulation, ventilation, comfort, and health in industrial, commercial, and residential spaces. Manufacturers in the electronically commutated (EC) fans market are capitalizing on this opportunity to maintain stable supply of products. As such, reduced business activities and production capacities in various industries is affecting the demand for EC fans.
Companies in the electronically commutated (EC) fans market, such as Rosenberg USA are emerging resilient and have been designated an essential business striving to remain fully operational during the ongoing pandemic. Thus, more companies are taking cue to maintain high levels of inventory in warehouses and ensure deliveries for mission critical projects. Companies are increasing efforts to address supply chain and shipping capacity issues to ensure timely deliveries.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Electronically Commutated [EC] Fans Market
Advantages of Lightweight Motors Offset High Cost of Small EC Fans
EC fans are being publicized for increased efficiency, lowered heat, and cooler motors as compared to AC motors. However, small EC fans with fractional HP motors are expensive due to added cost of variable frequency drive (VFD) control. As such, EC motor is less expensive than AC motors, and this helps to offset high price of EC fans. Several other advantages such as EC motors are substantially lighter than AC motors compensate for the former’s high price.
Manufacturers in the electronically commutated (EC) fans market are increasing the availability of fans that are virtually silent unlike speed-controlled AC motors. Its insulated shaft bearing design eliminates or reduces VFD-induced electrical damage such as fluting and shaft grounding issues.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Robust EC Fans Help Mitigate Risk of Overheating in Automotive Equipment
There is a growing demand for EC fans that provide long-lasting and reliable temperature control in a variety of industrial applications. Pelonis Technologies, Inc. - an innovator of air movement technologies, is building a comprehensive portfolio in EC fans meant for high performance applications in aerospace, HVAC, and defense industries.
EC fans help to provide constant cooling power to mitigate the risk of overheating, and frequently used in automotive equipment, data centers, and computer systems, among others. Manufacturers in the electronically commutated (EC) fans market are increasing the availability of fans that are capable of withstanding cold and heat temperatures throughout industrial facilities.
EC Fans Facilitate Energy Savings, Reduce Carbon Footprint
EC fans and drives are gaining popularity as one of the most energy-efficient motor and fan solutions in North America and Europe. Since electric motors are responsible for more than 40% of the total consumption of electric energy at a given industrial facility, manufacturers in the electronically commutated (EC) fans market are leveraging this opportunity to boost their output capacities in fans and drives.
The main focus of companies in the electronically commutated (EC) fans market is to constantly innovate in fan and motor designs and help end users reduce energy spend. EC fans are helping end users to minimize their carbon footprint by eliminating the need for commercial refrigeration products.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Electronically Commutated [EC] Fans Market
Companies in the electronically commutated (EC) fans market are expected to continue shipping regularly to clients despite poor market sentiments as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The market is estimated to cross the valuation of US$ 4.22 Bn by 2031 at a CAGR of 4.8%. However, small EC fans are expensive due to the cost of VFD control units. Hence, companies should increase awareness about the advantages of EC fans, such as soft start owing to incorporation of VFD control, which prevents nuisance breaker trips and compensates for the high cost. EC fans are in demand for cooling in boiler and refrigeration equipment.
Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market for the historical period 2017, 2018, and 2019, and the forecast period 2021–2031, increasing spending on research and development are expected to accelerate the electronically commutated (EC) fans market across the globe
- Electronically commutated (EC) fan design delivers the combined benefits of AC and DC fans. The EC fan's power comes from a brushless DC motor. The electronically commutated fan's DC motor has the advantage of a built-in variable speed control. And benefits of EC fans over traditional fans and motor technology include reduced energy consumption, high efficiency level, lower motor noise, and remote monitoring. All these factors are expected to increase the demand for electronically commutated (EC) fans across the world during the forecast period.
- In terms of revenue, the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market is estimated to exceed the value of US$ 4.22 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period. Electronically commutated (EC) fans are more energy efficient, and they help to keep the environment clean and lower the power consumption. Thus, the demand for electronically commutated (EC) fans is expected to increase across the world.
Manufacturers of Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Keen on Technological Innovations, Developments to Gain Market Share
- Several companies are opting for technologically advanced and convenient products. Manufacturers are undertaking upgrades that emphasize on energy efficiency of EC fans, good control over airflow, serial communication, and programmability. This is expected to drive the overall growth of the electronically commutated (EC) fans market.
- Electronically commutated (EC) fan applications are increasing in HVAC, consumer products, marine industry, food processing & manufacturing industry, automotive industry, and IT & telecom industry among others, in both OEM and aftermarkets. Advantages of this technology include better electrical efficiency, and the ability to program more controlled and precise operation over a broad range of applications. All these factors have resulted in increased demand for electronically commutated (EC) fans throughout the world, and the market is expected to rise at a significant rate during the projected timeline.
- EC fans have low operating cost and a smaller payback period as they consume less electricity. The fans are highly efficient and are more heat efficient. Less heat increases the life cycle of the product and improves the overall function of the system. EC fans require less maintenance, have higher life, and produce lower noise compared to other fans. These factors are expected to drive the electronically commutated (EC) fans market during the forecast period.
- Preference for electronically commutated (EC) fans is on the rise due to high efficiency. Fans are used in a variety of industrial products, including consumer electronics, residential and commercial HVAC, and other materials handling and processing equipment, which account for a large percentage of the fan market.
- Rising raw material prices of essential rare earth elements such as dysprosium and neodymium, which are predominantly utilized in permanent magnet motors and have no known replacements, are a concern. Increasing trade tension between major raw material suppliers is also anticipated to have a major influence on production capacity of manufacturers. These are other drivers of the market.
- Manufacturers are investing and establishing production bases in developing countries due to increase in industrialization and commercialization, and rise in acceptance of energy efficient products. The launch of production bases in developing countries further helps in expanding the market in these regions and thus creates lucrative opportunities for the electronically commutated (EC) fans market.
High Demand from Asia Pacific
- The electronically commutated (EC) fans market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a fast-paced CAGR, as it is the manufacturing hub for consumer goods and electronics, and a market of almost 1.2 billion households
- Various industries are shifting their manufacturing facilities to the Asia Pacific region. Therefore, the market in this region is anticipated to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period. In the region, China is the largest Asian market for electronically commutated fans.
- Manufacturers are expanding their product lines to meet the increasing demand for electronically commutated (EC) fans based on consumer requirements. Moreover, strong product innovation among manufacturers with newer features in electronically commutated (EC) fans is expected to boost the market during the forecast period.
Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of electronically commutated (EC) fans have been given in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- The electronically commutated (EC) fans market is fragmented due to the presence of several players. Competition is expected to intensify in the upcoming years due to the entry of several local players.
- Key players operating in the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market are
- Continental Fan
- Delta Electronics, Inc.
- Epec LLC.
- Heko Electronic (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
- Orion Fans
- Rosenberg Ventilatoren GmbH
- Systemair AB
- Sunonwealth Electric Machine Industry Co. (Sunon)
- Ziehl-Abegg SE
Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market: Key Developments
- Key manufacturers of electronically commutated (EC) fans such as Delta Electronics, Inc., Heko Electronic (Suzhou) Co., Ltd., and Systemair AB, are focusing on product innovation and development. Companies are concentrating on expanding their geographical reach to stay competitive in the market and to cater to a large customer base. Furthermore, many manufacturers are planning to acquire small-scale companies or work in collaboration with them to gain a competitive share in the global market. The following are some of the key strategies followed by companies active in electronically commutated (EC) fans to increase their market share in terms of revenue.
- In June 2021, the Ebm-papst Group launched a novel RadiPac series fans that offer higher efficiency levels as compared to the previous generation fans. The novel fan series contains newly made impellers and EC motors that helps to reduce noise generation.
- In March 2021, Delta Electronics, Inc. launched E-Series fans that are designed specifically for power modules and server architectures. Furthermore, the newly launched fans use the technologically advanced impeller to provide significant efficiency.
Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market – Scope of Report
A new study on the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market across the globe. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period, 2021–2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on business strategies of leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the electronically commutated (EC) fans market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market between 2021 and 2031?
- What is the future scope and current trends in technologies of the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market?
- What is the revenue of the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market based on segments?
- Which key strategies are used by top players of the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market?
- Which are the leading companies in the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market?
Research Methodology – Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the electronically commutated (EC) fans market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from electronically commutated (EC) fans industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market more reliable and accurate.
Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market includes information categorized into seven sections - type, mounting type, voltage, motor design, motor output power, application, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the electronically commutated (EC) fans market are discussed in detail.
|Motor Output Power||