Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market: Introduction
- Electronically Commutated (EC) fans are used to generate a forced air flow in equipment to help in thermal management which in turn extends equipment life. DC and AC input fan categories are currently available.
- For several years, Electronically Commutated Motors (ECMs) needed individual DC power supply. This led to additional cost and complexity in applications.
- Electronically commutated fans which could be operated directly from AC mains incorporated with electronics became accessible in the early 2000s. The electronics in these EC fans transformed AC to DC, accomplished the commutation, and operated the fan speed by controlling the power to the motor - usually with pulse-width modulation (PWM).
Key Drivers of the Global Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market
- Energy saving is crucial in today’s era. The U.S. Department of Energy has verified that about 25% of the main energy consumption in the commercial and residential sector is used by components in equipment and appliances, and electric motor-driven systems.
- Substituting current equipment with innovative energy-efficient motors results in considerable drop in cost and energy usage. EC fans signify a substantial advancement in power savings technology, offering air flow and cooling solutions for today’s demanding applications that need better electrical efficiency. This factor is expected to drive the demand for electronically commutated fans world during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Growing Technological Advancement to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Many companies are replacing their existing fans with electronically commutated fans because of its efficiency, controllability, and cost saving characteristics. AC motors were widely used in HVAC and now EC fans are preferred.
- Growth of businesses in developing regions, growing infrastructural facilities, rise in sales of consumer goods, need for electric vehicles due to environmental concerns, and rapid growth in robotics is expected to create significant opportunities for the electronically commutated fans market.
Alternative Options to Hamper the Market
- Electronically commutated fans were developed some fifty years ago. Over the years, commercial applications have seen substantial improvement in motor technology and efficiency.
- Smart synchronous permanent magnet motor (SSPMM) might act as a restraint to the ECM market. This motor provides higher efficiency and consumes less energy. The motor helps in doing away with the power conversion process after the motor is started. This saves energy and increases efficiency. SSPMM eliminates the use of electronics and uses coil for any surge in line. However, this technology is expensive.
Asia Pacific Projected to be the Fastest Growing Region of the Global Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the electronically commutated fans market globally during the forecast years.
- Various industries are shifting their heavy manufacturing facilities to the APAC region. Therefore, the market in this region is anticipated to have the fastest growth rate throughout the forecast period.
- The markets in Europe and North America are expected to grow steadily. However, the demand is not stable in these regions as most end-user industries located in Europe and North America are shifting their production hubs to APAC to enhance their profit margins.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Government energy regulations worldwide are encouraging new players in the global electronically commutated fans market. Increase in the number of regional manufacturers is anticipated to impact the business of leading manufacturers. Companies are investing substantially in R&D of new fan technologies due to extensive competition between leading manufacturers. Some of the key players operating in the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market are listed below:
- Digi-Key Electronics
- Axair Fans UK Limited
- The ebm-papst Group
- Systemair AB
- Delta Electronics (Americas) Ltd.
- Continental Fan
- Rosenberg USA, Inc.
Global Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market: Research Scope
Global Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market, by Input Power
Global Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market, by Application
- Air Conditioners
- Ventilation systems
- Electronic Cabinets
- Others (Chillers, Range Hood, etc.)
Global Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Electronically Commutated (EC) Fans Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global electronically commutated (EC) fans market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.