Electromechanical Microwave Switch Market
Electromechanical Microwave Switch Market (Type: Single-Pole Double -Throw [SPDT] Switch, Bypass Switch, Transfer Switch, Matrix Switch, Multiport Switch, USB Switch, and Others; and Application: Mil-Aerospace, Commercial Avionics, Automotive, Semiconductor Manufacturing, Communications, Test Instrumentation, Medical Devices, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Healthcare, Test Instrument Applications Fuel Product Demand During COVID-19 Crisis
Companies in the electromechanical microwave switch market are closely monitoring the coronavirus situation and ensuring the health & safety of its employees, customers, and partners. Renaissance Electronics & Communications - electronics manufacturer in Harvard, Massachusetts, is manufacturing products that are deemed essential and critical as per issued guidelines, catering to the healthcare, communications, and military applications.
Apart from essential industries, new product launches are ensuring revenue flow in the global electromechanical microwave switch market during the pandemic. NSCA Technologies & Tra-Cal Lab is gaining recognition for launching its new multiport electromechanical switches that deploy high performance in test applications. Reliable and high-density multiport electromechanical switches are being developed for signal monitoring & routing applications. Manufacturers are adhering to stringent manufacturing specifications to test every switch cycle that meets highly repeatable switching requirements for test instruments and switching interfaces.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Electromechanical Microwave Switch Market
Demand for RF Switches Surges with Advancement in 5G Infrastructure
The electromechanical microwave switch market is estimated to cross valuation of US$ 1.6 Bn by 2030. However, there is a need to enable electrification for everything and deploy wireless proliferation call for the reinvention of a fundamental electronics industry building block, i.e. the RF (radiofrequency) switch. Menlo Micro - a California-based technology company that uses material science to develop micro-electromechanical systems switches, is capitalizing on this opportunity to introduce its MM5130 RF Switch, which significantly enhances the quality of RF signals and minimizes distortion in RF systems. The ever-expanding 5G infrastructure is creating revenue opportunities for companies in the electromechanical microwave switch market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
High Power Relay Modules Provide Highest Switching Capacity Based on Electromechanical Relays
High power relay modules are being preferred to deliver high levels of switching capacity in the smallest footprint. Pickering Interfaces - a manufacturer of modular signal switching and simulation products, is being highly publicized for launching its new high-power relay PXI module that provides the industry’s highest switching capacity based on electromechanical relays (EMRs).
Companies in the electromechanical microwave switch market are increasing their production capabilities to design power relays that align for switching heavy AC or DC loads and for controlling large external relays, contactors, and solenoids. These relays are helping to maximize switching density within the chassis as compared to other high current modules aimed at automotive and defense sectors.
Military Grade Double-ridge Waveguide Electromechanical Relay Switches Witness High Demand
Manufacturers in the electromechanical microwave switch market are unlocking business opportunities in aerospace applications. Fairview Microwave Inc. - a supplier of on-demand RF and microwave products is introducing a line of double-ridge waveguide electromechanical relay switches for radar, electronic warfare (EW), and microwave radio applications. Companies are taking cues from such innovation to design switches that perform overbroad radio frequency bands and feature broadband multi-octave frequency coverage.
Companies in the electromechanical microwave switch market are increasing their R&D muscle to develop rugged and military grade packages for radar applications that support an environmentally sealed quick-connect DC-control connector with mate. They are innovating in switches that withstand 100 percent humidity exposure across operating temperatures.
General Purpose Electromechanical RF Switches Grow Prominent in Military Communications
Manufacturers in the electromechanical microwave switch market are introducing compact designs in products. Pasternack - a provider of RF and microwave components & assemblies, is expanding its product portfolio in general purpose 1M lifecycle coaxial packaged electromechanical switches for RF, microwave, and millimeter wave applications. Companies are increasing the availability of switch designs that cover broad frequency bandwidths.
Companies in the electromechanical microwave switch market are bolstering their output capacities in products that align with a broad range of power handling capability ranges. They are developing switches that include desirable features such as latching and failsafe actuators, indicators, and TTL control. General purpose electromechanical RF switches are acquiring prominence in military communications and medical equipment applications.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Electromechanical Microwave Switch Market
Manufacturers are continuously adapting the rapidly changing environment created by the coronavirus crisis and are focusing on mission-critical projects in medical devices, military, and test instrumentation segments. The electromechanical microwave switch market is moderately fragmented which explains why the market is predicted to grow at a modest CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. Hence, companies should increase their R&D efforts in the development of RF switches that deploy exceptional level of IP3 linearity to improve signal performance. Manufacturers should increase their production capabilities in general purpose electromechanical RF switches that are qualified for military aviation and test instrumentation applications.
Electromechanical Microwave Switch Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global electromechanical microwave switch market for the historical period of 2017–2019 and the forecast period of 2020–2030, increasing adoption of electromechanical microwave switch in aerospace & defense and communication applications is expected to boost the global electromechanical microwave switch market across the world
- In terms of revenue, the global electromechanical microwave switch market is estimated to exceed value of US$ 1.6 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period
High Demand for Electromechanical Microwave Switch in Commercial Aerospace Industry: A Key Driver
- Aerospace is the most lucrative industry for the electromechanical microwave switch market. For commercial aerospace applications, electromechanical microwave switch is primarily used to route signals that operate at specific frequencies with higher levels of power and large bandwidth.
- Furthermore, it works efficiently at elevated temperature with low insertion loss and high isolation. Therefore, electromechanical microwave switch is highly preferred in commercial aerospace.
- High cost and low operating life are major restraints affecting the global electromechanical microwave switch market. However, although functional life of an electromechanical microwave switch is less as compared to a solid state switch, applications that require higher operational lifespan can make use of high-reliability electromechanical microwave switches, which offer incomparable consistency and performance, with operating life up to 10 million cycles. This switch type comprises a ruggedly designed actuator and transmission link that is enhanced for magnetic effectiveness and machine-driven rigidity. Electromechanical microwave switch can also endure more rigorous environmental conditions for sine and random vibration and mechanical shock, and is therefore ideal for aerospace applications.
Increasing Applications of Electromechanical Microwave Switch in Defense Sector
- Along with land, maritime, and air-based threats, the world is facing cyber-related threats, owing to technological developments and digitization. Therefore, countries across the world are strategizing to invest in digital tools and technology integration.
- Furthermore, space is becoming a significant part of the global defense industry network as rising international rigidities might pose a threat to space assets such as satellites, which are often banked on for military operations, including missile targeting, surveillance, and communications
- Thus, intensified geopolitical tension across the world is driving demand for military equipment, which, in turn, is facilitating increased defense spending, further aiding the growth of the electromechanical microwave switch market
- An electromechanical microwave switch can operate down to DC and up into millimeter wave frequencies of 50+ GHz and is not vulnerable to electrostatic discharge (ESD). It has very high power handling capacity and has no video leakage. Therefore, it is considered irreplaceable in military aviation and military communication. Mil-Aerospace accounted for the highest share in 2020 of the electromechanical microwave switch market, owing to the above factors.
Electromechanical Microwave Switch Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of electromechanical microwave switch manufacturers have been provided in the report to evaluate their financial data, key product offerings, SWOT analysis, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global electromechanical microwave switch market are
- Dow-Key Microwave Corporation
- Teledyne Technologies Incorporated
- Ducommun Incorporated
- Keysight Technologies
- Charter Engineering, Inc.
- Logus Microwave
- RLC Electronics, Inc.
Electromechanical Microwave Switch Market: Key Developments
- Several design configurations are possible for electromechanical microwave switches, that can range from single-pole/single-throw (SPST) to single-pole/sixteen-throw or higher (SP16T). Furthermore, options/features for actuator type, indicator circuit, terminations, etc. is also available. Therefore, scope of variation in buyer’s specification demand can vary to a great extent.
- Thus, in this case, the products are not standard or undifferentiated and therefore, the buyer power is considerable. Key providers of electromechanical microwave switches, such as Dow-Key Microwave, Keysight Technologies, and Teledyne Coax Switch, are focusing on customizing their product portfolio as per buyer’s requirements due to the above factors.
- In 2018, Radiall launched an internally terminated SP4T & SP6T coaxial switch model that can reach frequencies of 50-52 GHz for 5G communication applications
- In 2017, Dow-Key Microwave Corporation announced Mini MS-Series Matrix to support all-encompassing testing on DUT’s with 0.03 dB insertion loss repeatability across DC to 26.5 GHz. These switches could be controlled remotely via TCP/IP Ethernet and HTTP-Server and had a built-in sequencer feature that allowed the user to program up to ten 500-step sequence programs.
- In the global electromechanical microwave switch market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of electromechanical microwave switch. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global electromechanical microwave switch market.
Electromechanical Microwave Switch Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global electromechanical microwave switch market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information on key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global electromechanical microwave switch market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global electromechanical microwave switch in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2020–2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global electromechanical microwave switch market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global electromechanical microwave switch market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global electromechanical microwave switch market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global electromechanical microwave switch market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Electromechanical Microwave Switch Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global electromechanical microwave switch market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in the type segment on the global electromechanical microwave switch market?
- Would North America continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of electromechanical microwave switches over the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global electromechanical microwave switch market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global electromechanical microwave switch market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global electromechanical microwave switch market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global electromechanical microwave switch market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to production of TMR’s study on the global electromechanical microwave switch market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global electromechanical microwave switch market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global electromechanical microwave switch market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global electromechanical microwave switch market more reliable and accurate.
Electromechanical Microwave Switch Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study of the global electromechanical microwave switch market segments the market based on type, application, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global electromechanical microwave switch market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.