Global eFuse Market: Introduction
- An eFuse or electronic fuse is an electronic device integrated with an FET i.e. field effect transistor, which is used for circuit protection by adjusting voltages and currents to a safe level in case of fault. Moreover, eFuses are replacing traditional, large-sized fuses that are employed for device protection. In case of overload, eFuses disconnect the load from the main power supply so as to avoid damage or malfunctioning.
- Generally, eFuses are used to provide protection to power supply line circuits. These include servers, gaming consoles, PCs, and other electronic equipment.
- Typical applications of eFuses include routers, telecom switches, hard-disk drive and enterprise storage, and server systems
- These fuses provide significant protection against overcurrent or inrush current and voltage, short circuits, and reverse current. Additionally, eFuses can repair themselves, without any need for human intervention. These fuses have integrated power switches and control circuits that rapidly sense the overvoltage and overcurrent and react to nullify its effect.
- Several organizations use conventional circuit protection devices instead of eFuse; however, these devices cannot provide quick protection to the circuit
- Two types of eFuses are available in the market: latched type and auto-retry type. A latched type of eFuse recovers the circuit with the help of an external signal, while the auto-retry type eFuse recovers the circuit automatically.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rise in Demand of Cloud Computing Worldwide Boosting Global eFuse Market
- Rising volume of data worldwide led by proliferation of mobile devices and penetration of the Internet is projected to drive the demand for solid state drives i.e. SSDs across the globe during the forecast period. Furthermore, SSDs are replacing the traditional hard disk drives (HDDs), as the number of data centers is increasing worldwide. SSDs are devices that use integrated circuit assemblies in the form of memory for data storage. In SSD applications, eFuses are used to limit the current surge and overcurrent and to identify the power loss. Moreover, the current-limiting function of eFuses helps SSDs in avoiding system downtime.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global eFuse market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global eFuse market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of eFuses operate in the region, which are constantly investing in the development of technologically advanced products. Countries such as China, Japan, South Korea, and India contribute to the major market share of the region.
- The eFuse market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period, owing to expanded offerings of eFuses by established players in the region. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Global Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global eFuse market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and new product development to meet the risen demand for eFuses.
Key players operating in the global eFuse market are:
- TOSHIBA ELECTRONIC DEVICES & STORAGE CORPORATION
- Texas Instruments
- Qorvo, Inc.
- Enervizor Ltd.
Global eFuse Market: Research Scope
Global eFuse Market, by Application
- Solid State Drives
- Hard Disk Drives
- Enterprise and Data Center Equipment
- Networking & Storage
Global eFuse Market, by Type
- Latched Type eFuse
- Auto-retry Type eFuse
Global eFuse Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.