Global eFuse Market: Introduction
- An eFuse or electronic fuse is an electronic device integrated with an FET i.e. field effect transistor, which is used for circuit protection by adjusting voltages and currents to a safe level in case of fault. Moreover, eFuses are replacing traditional, large-sized fuses that are employed for device protection. In case of overload, eFuses disconnect the load from the main power supply so as to avoid damage or malfunctioning.
- Generally, eFuses are used to provide protection to power supply line circuits. These include servers, gaming consoles, PCs, and other electronic equipment.
- Typical applications of eFuses include routers, telecom switches, hard-disk drive and enterprise storage, and server systems
- These fuses provide significant protection against overcurrent or inrush current and voltage, short circuits, and reverse current. Additionally, eFuses can repair themselves, without any need for human intervention. These fuses have integrated power switches and control circuits that rapidly sense the overvoltage and overcurrent and react to nullify its effect.
- Several organizations use conventional circuit protection devices instead of eFuse; however, these devices cannot provide quick protection to the circuit
- Two types of eFuses are available in the market: latched type and auto-retry type. A latched type of eFuse recovers the circuit with the help of an external signal, while the auto-retry type eFuse recovers the circuit automatically.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rise in Demand of Cloud Computing Worldwide Boosting Global eFuse Market
- Rising volume of data worldwide led by proliferation of mobile devices and penetration of the Internet is projected to drive the demand for solid state drives i.e. SSDs across the globe during the forecast period. Furthermore, SSDs are replacing the traditional hard disk drives (HDDs), as the number of data centers is increasing worldwide. SSDs are devices that use integrated circuit assemblies in the form of memory for data storage. In SSD applications, eFuses are used to limit the current surge and overcurrent and to identify the power loss. Moreover, the current-limiting function of eFuses helps SSDs in avoiding system downtime.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global eFuse market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global eFuse market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of eFuses operate in the region, which are constantly investing in the development of technologically advanced products. Countries such as China, Japan, South Korea, and India contribute to the major market share of the region.
- The eFuse market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period, owing to expanded offerings of eFuses by established players in the region. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Global Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global eFuse market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and new product development to meet the risen demand for eFuses.
Key players operating in the global eFuse market are:
- TOSHIBA ELECTRONIC DEVICES & STORAGE CORPORATION
- Texas Instruments
- Qorvo, Inc.
- Enervizor Ltd.
Global eFuse Market: Research Scope
Global eFuse Market, by Application
- Solid State Drives
- Hard Disk Drives
- Enterprise and Data Center Equipment
- Networking & Storage
Global eFuse Market, by Type
- Latched Type eFuse
- Auto-retry Type eFuse
Global eFuse Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.