Ear Endoscopy Devices Market: Overview
- Endoscopic ear surgery (EES) is a highly developing and innovative field of otologic surgery. Endoscopic ear surgery is a promising procedure in terms of technique and patient outcome. Conceptually and technically, EES is a significant departure from conventional microscopic transcanal approaches to the canal and middle ear. Endoscopic ear surgery is a less invasive technique that can be performed entirely through ear canal.
- Some of the smallest bone in the body are found in the ear. In order to perform surgery on this delicate anatomy, surgeons make use of microscopes. Surgical microscopes are large devices weighing more than a pound. The lens of these microscopes needs to be about a foot away from the target, which usually blocks the view for other structures. In order to overcome the blocked view, surgeons need to make large incisions or drill the bone.
- However, in case of endoscopic ear surgery, the lens can be placed in close proximity to the target that allows a very clear view of the structure. Moreover, endoscopes provide a wide panoramic view allowing surgeons to see around the corners.
- With a wide viewing angle of technically advanced endoscopes, endoscopic ear surgery overcomes several limitations of the traditional microscopic approaches to middle ear and canal diseases, some of which mandated postauricular approaches in the past. With the advent of ear endoscopes, a very broad range of otologic diseases can now be successfully managed.
- The global ear endoscopy devices market is projected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period. Advantages of ear endoscopy devices over conventional microscopes and high adoption of endoscopes for ear surgery contribute to the growth of the global market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Ear Endoscopy Devices Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Ear Endoscopy Devices Market
- An article published by WebMD LLC stated that around 150,000 tympanoplasties are performed every year in over 280 million people. Increase in incidence of otologic disorders such as labyrinthine fistulas, otosclerosis, inner ear malformation, and middle ear infection (otitis media) which need surgical intervention is expected to drive the global ear endoscopy devices market during the forecast period.
- Ear endoscopes have helped greatly in visualization of anterior part of the drum, even in case of anterior canal bulge. Minimally invasive nature of endoscopic ear surgery and wide field of view afforded by endoscopes have resulted in high adoption of endoscopes by surgeons in ear surgery.
- The global ear endoscopy devices market is anticipated to be driven by rise in the number of otologic diseases, technological advancements in ear endoscopy devices, and advantages of ear endoscopy surgery over microscopic ear surgery
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- North America is projected to account for prominent share of the global ear endoscopy devices market during the forecast period. Rise in demand for minimally invasive surgery, high rate of adoption of advanced medical devices, and presence of major players are expected to fuel the growth of the ear endoscopy devices market in the region. Moreover, favorable reimbursement policies and increase in the number of diagnostic and imaging centers are likely to propel the market in North America during the forecast period.
- Increase in incidence of otologic disorders, government interventions in enhancing health care facilities, and rise in disposable income in countries in Asia and the Middle East are projected to boost the growth of the ear endoscopy devices market in these regions
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Ear Endoscopy Devices Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Ear Endoscopy Devices Market
Major players operating in the global ear endoscopy devices market are:
- Karl Storz SE & Co. KG
- Olympus Corporation
- Happersberger Otopront GmbH
- Medtronic plc
- Stryker Corporation
- Richard Wolf GmbH
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- EndoMed Systems
- SCHÖLLY FIBEROPTIC GMBH
Global Ear Endoscopy Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Ear Endoscopy Devices Market, by Application
- Acoustic Neuroma Surgery
- Cochlear Implant Ear Surgery
- Congenital Atresia Ear Reconstruction
- Myringotomy Eardrum Repair
- Otologic Laser Procedures
- Myringotomy Eardrum Repair
Global Ear Endoscopy Devices Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Ear Endoscopy Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.