Global Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Market: Overview
Duchenne muscular dystrophy is a medical condition that develops due to shortage of protein called “dystrophin”. It causes deterioration and break down of muscles, which results in walking difficulty and limited general mobility. Duchenne muscular dystrophy is considered as one of the most progressive childhood neuromuscular disorders. However, it affects boys mostly, but few cases of girls have been registered too.
Duchenne muscular dystrophy affects around 1 in 3,500 male births worldwide. It is usually identified between the age of three and six. Weakness and wasting (atrophy) of the muscles of the pelvic area characterize duchenne muscular dystrophy and it is followed by the involvement of the shoulder muscles.
In a report on the global duchenne muscular dystrophy market by Transparency Market Research offers clear view of the market with every detail that is relevant for scaling business in the coming years. It extensively covers the necessary market dynamics and growth strategies that are sure to offer success mantra for the companies operating in the global duchenne muscular dystrophy market.
Identify the Key Factors that will drive your Company’s Growth. Request a Brochure of this Report here
Global Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Market: Notable Developments
Some important developments that are expected to shape the future strategies of the global duchenne muscular dystrophy market.
- In July 2019, three clinical trials were conducted on a new drug; an antisense oligonucleotide. Until now, the drug has shown to assist patients with duchenne muscular dystrophy. The outcomes of the trials were published in the journal of neuromuscular diseases.
- Recently, Eli Lilly and Company announced successful completion of its acquisition of Loxo Oncology, Inc. The acquisition is expected to broaden the portfolio of Eli Lilly and Company.
- This year GlaxoSmithKline plc reached an agreement with Pfizer Inc in a bid to combine their consumer health businesses into a new world-leading joint venture.
A few of the prominent market players are BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc., Catabasis Pharmaceuticals Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Santhera Pharmaceuticals Holding AG, ReveraGen BioPharma Inc., and Akashi Therapeutics Inc.
Global Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Market: Key Trends
The global duchenne muscular dystrophy market is likely to gain traction due to the following factors:
Increased Research and Development Activities to Boost Market
The global duchenne muscular dystrophy market is estimated to gain traction from increased research and development activities, augmented demand for efficacious therapies among patients, and introduction of novel disease therapies. Furthermore, rising prevalence of the disease is projected to propel the global duchenne muscular dystrophy market towards growth.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Market here
At present, there is a rise in the number of clinical trials for examining the future course of treatment for duchenne muscular dystrophy. So far, corticosteroid-based anti-inflammatory treatment is the only accepted pharmacological therapy for the treatment of duchenne muscular dystrophy.
The pharmaceutical drug development and discovery have also grown manifolds in the last few years. There have been some technological breakthroughs in the last few years that might facilitate the research processes. Nearly all major companies are now focusing on research and development activities, which is likely to impact on the market during the forecast period.
Global Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Market: Geographical Analysis
In terms of region, global duchenne muscular dystrophy market is divided into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America leads the global duchenne muscular dystrophy market owing to high healthcare spending, government awareness programs, and many new product innovations. North America is followed by Europe in the global duchenne muscular dystrophy.
The Asia Pacific market is likely to expand at higher rate owing to growing awareness about duchenne muscular dystrophy and increasing public and private health care insurance coverage.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.