Dry Bulk Shipping Market: Introduction
- Dry bulk shipping is the movement of major commodities carried in bulk, or lot, including iron ore, coal, and grain together with ships carrying steel products including steel plates, steel rods, and iron ore. Lumber or log and other commodities are classified as minor bulks.
- Dry bulk shipping service includes storage and modification including technical issues and/or pre-delivery inspections that are carried out before shipping of material or parts to the customer. Major bulks include iron ore, coal and grain, while minor bulks include sugar, cement, and steel products. Among major bulks, coal is extensively traded in terms of volume in dry bulk.
Key drivers of Dry Bulk Shipping Market
- Rapid urbanization, industrialization, and economic growth is likely to propel the dry bulk shipping market across the globe. Growing infrastructure development, which requires significant use of steel products, is a key factor for driving the dry bulk shipping market across the globe. Major investments across the globe by various governments in transportation are anticipated to boost the dry bulk shipping market. Rise in transportation of coal and steel products is likely to boost the dry bulk shipping market across the globe.
- Developments in the supply chain management system are boosting the adoption of automotive production planning systems. Rise in sea transportation across the globe is estimated to boost the dry bulk shipping market, as sea transportation is the cheapest mode of transportation. Increase in technological developments including tracking of shipping material and assigning of an identification number to individual parts are likely to propel the dry bulk shipping market across the globe.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific and Europe to hold prominent share of global dry bulk shipping market
- Europe is projected to hold a major share of the global dry bulk shipping market due to an increase in iron ore and coal transportation across the region. Europe has presence of major production industries, which would help boost the dry bulk shipping market across Europe.
- Followed by Europe, Asia Pacific is projected to hold a significant share of the global dry bulk shipping market due to an increase in industry production across the region. China is estimated to be a highly lucrative market for dry bulk shipping, which is likely to fuel the dry bulk shipping market across the region. China is a leading importer of iron ore and coal across the globe, which would help propel the dry bulk shipping market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Dry Bulk Shipping Market
The global dry bulk shipping market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the dry bulk shipping market are:
- Diana Shipping, Inc.
- Star Bulk Carriers Corp
- Scorpio Bulkers, Inc.
- Genco Shipping & Trading Limited
- Freeseas Inc.
- NYK Line
- Globus Maritime Limited
- Western Bulk
- Berge Bulk
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Dry Bulk Shipping Market, Request for a Sample
Dry Bulk Shipping Market: Research Scope
Dry Bulk Shipping Market, by Commodity Type
- Iron Ore
Dry Bulk Shipping Market, by Vessel Type
Dry Bulk Shipping Market, by End Use Application
- Iron Ore
- Steel Products
- Lumber or Log
Dry Bulk Shipping Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.