Drugs of Abuse Testing Market
Drugs of Abuse Testing Market (Products - Analyzers (Immunoassays, Chromatographic Devices, and Breath Analyzers), Rapid Testing Devices (Urine Testing and Oral Fluid Testing), and Consumables (Fluid Collection Devices); Sample Type: Saliva, Breath, Urine, Blood, and Hair and Sweat; Testing Type - Pain Management Testing, Criminal Justice Testing, and Work Place Screening; End-user: Hospitals, Diagnostic laboratories, On-the-spot Testing, and Forensic Laboratories) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global drugs of abuse testing market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027. The global drugs of abuse testing market is driven by increasing consumption of illicit drugs, thereby creating demand for drug abuse tests. Moreover, growth of the market can be attributed to high demand for drugs of abuse testing and screening products from law enforcement agencies.
- According to the report, the global drugs of abuse testing market was valued at US$ 6 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Drugs of Abuse Testing Market
Increasing abuse of prescription drugs and Rise in demand for drug abuse testing among private employers: Key Drivers
- The abuse of prescription drugs or nonmedical use of prescription drugs has become a serious public health concern owing to its high prevalence and mortality rates in the U.S.
- As per the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA), around 52 million people have used prescription drugs for nonmedical reasons at least once in their lifetimes. Also, pain reliever Vicodin and OxyContin are the most abused prescription drugs among the young population.
- High rate of comorbid illnesses are also responsible for wrong prescription and addiction to prescription drugs among elderly population. Continuous increase in the abuse of prescription drugs is expected to propel demand for drugs of abuse testing products globally.
- Individuals using illicit drugs are more likely to change jobs, be less productive, be absent frequently, and are more likely to get involved in a workplace accident. Hence, several employers emphasize on regulating the workforce from drug abstinence through regular drugs of abuse tests. This is likely to increase demand for drug abuse testing from private and public employers during the forecast period.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Low threshold of drug abuse testing laws in the developing and underdeveloped countries to Hamper Market
- Low awareness, poverty, and inadequate social support has increased consumption of illicit drugs in developing countries in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. Hence, the drugs of abuse testing market is expected to witness sluggish growth in these regions.
- According to the World Health Organization, 77% of children in Brazil are reported to consume alcohol regularly. Moreover, aggressive marketing of tobacco and alcohol is prominent among low income countries.
- Easy availability of illicit drugs, poor awareness, and inadequate infrastructure for providing drug testing services are expected to hamper the growth of the drugs of abuse testing market in developing and low income countries
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Transition from Lab-based screening to Disposable Devices: Key Trend
- High cost of lab-based tests for screening and expertise and capital required to transfer sample from collection site to the lab has led to a shift toward on-the-spot testing
- On-the-spot testing provides rapid results and is affordable compared to lab-based definitive tests. Hence, law enforcement agencies prefer to use rapid on-the-spot screening tests.
- Companies are also introducing new easy-to-use disposable products at affordable competitive prices as a push strategy among the end-users
Global Drugs of Abuse Testing Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global drugs of abuse testing market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global drugs of abuse testing market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global drugs of abuse testing market include
- Alere Inc.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Roche Diagnostics
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- Siemens Healthineers
- Express Diagnostics International Inc.
- Shimadzu Corporation
Global Drugs of Abuse Testing Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global drugs of abuse testing market are engaged in regulatory approvals, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global drugs of abuse testing market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global drugs of abuse testing market are:
- In August 2016, Thermo Fisher Scientific received 510 (k) clearance from the U.S. FDA for its DRI Hydrocodone Assay. This assay enables detection of hydrocodone which is most frequently prescribed and misused opiate drug in the U.S
- In September 2016, Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA launched Alcotest 5820, a portable handheld breath alcohol testing device.
The report on the global drugs of abuse testing market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of testing products. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global drugs of abuse testing market.
TMR’s report on the global drugs of abuse testing market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global drugs of abuse testing market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global drugs of abuse testing market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global drugs of abuse testing market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global drugs of abuse testing market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global drugs of abuse testing market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global drugs of abuse testing market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global drugs of abuse testing market. Key players operating in the global drugs of abuse testing market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global drugs of abuse testing market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Drugs of Abuse Testing Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global drugs of abuse testing market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global drugs of abuse testing market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in diagnostic procedures on the global drugs of abuse testing market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for drugs of abuse testing providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global drugs of abuse testing market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global drugs of abuse testing market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global drugs of abuse testing market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global drugs of abuse testing market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the drugs of abuse testing market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the drugs of abuse testing market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global drugs of abuse testing market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global drugs of abuse testing market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Drugs of Abuse Testing Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The global drugs of abuse testing market has been segmented as below:
by Product Type
by Sample Type
by Testing Type