Dried Blood Spot Collection Cards Market: Introduction
- Dried blood spot collection is a procedure of collecting blood on a paper card made of cellulose to perform various diagnoses of diseases. This is a simple, noninvasive, and inexpensive blood collection method, which reduces the risk of bacterial contamination or hemolysis. DBS cards can be preserved for long periods, with almost no deterioration of the analytes.
- Increase in number of newborns and rise in demand for disease screening boost the growth of the global dried blood spot collection cards market. Moreover, product launch and introduction of technologically advanced products fuel the growth of the global market. GenTegra launched Ahlstrom GenSaver 2.0 Forensic card that offers superior protection and ability to provide substantially high yields of DNA than the classic FTA card.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Dried Blood Spot Collection Cards Market
- Increase in demand for newborn screening drives the global dried blood spot collection cards market. Rise in number of newborns drives the need of newborn screening for various diseases. According to the world population clock, over 88 billion births were reported in 2015 i.e., about 250 births per minute. Of these, more than 2.8 million babies die within the first month due to lack of skilled care and screening. Screening is required to prevent this phenomenon. Dried blood spot collection cards are used to detect various metabolic disorders. These dried spots can also be made available to parents for further health-related tests in newborns.
- However, risk of contamination and dependence on adequate sampling is likely to hamper market growth. Contamination of filter paper samples can have a substantial effect on the newborn screening results.
FTA Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of card type, the global dried blood spot collection cards market can be divided into Whatman 903, Ahlstrom 226, FTA, and others
- Whatman 903, primarily used for HIV load and HIV drug resistance (HIVDR) testing, dominated the global dried blood spot collection cards market in terms of revenue in 2018. Rise in number HIV cases drives the segment. According to the Minority HIV/AIDS Fund, about 37.9 million people across the globe were suffering from HIV/AIDS in 2018.
- However, FTA cards are expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. These cards offer secure and reliable method for room temperature collection, transport, and storage of DNA.
North America to Dominate Global Dried Blood Spot Collection Cards Market
- In terms of region, the global dried blood spot collection cards market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the global dried blood spot collection cards market in 2018 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The market in the region is driven by high demand for newborn screening for the detection of hypothyroidism, PKU, galactosemia, and sickle-cell disease. According to the CDC, around 1 in every 300 newborns are detected with one of the core conditions through newborn screening every year.
- The market in Europe is likely to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Rise in health care facilities and increase in investment & strategic steps taken by various companies boost the growth of the market in the region. In May 2017, DBS System SA raised CHF 2.5 Mn, including direct investment by a Switzerland-based pension fund, to manufacture a micro blood collection device, which is capable of passive plasma separation.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Dried Blood Spot Collection Cards Market
The global dried blood spot collection cards market was highly fragmented in 2018. Leading players in the global market are:
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Shimazdu Corporation
- Pall Corporation
- Eastern Business Forms, Inc.
- Whatman Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
- Centogene N.V.
Global Dried Blood Spot Collection Cards Market: Research Scope
Global Dried Blood Spot Collection Cards Market, by Application
- Newborn Screening
- Infectious Disease Testing
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
Global Dried Blood Spot Collection Cards Market, by Card Type
- Whatman 903
- Ahlstrom 226
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.