Digital Subtraction Angiography Market: Introduction
- Digital subtraction angiography (DSA) is a radiographic or fluoroscopic technique that is used for the diagnosis of various vascular disorders. The technique is also utilized for the visualization of blood vessels in the soft dense tissue environment or a bone. DSA is employed to obtain clear images of the arteries and is also highly effective in contrasting arterial structures with the surrounding bone and tissue material. Digital subtraction angiography has proven to be efficient in the identification of abnormalities such as ulcerated plaques, stenosis, occlusions, and aneurysms.
- In addition to its application in carotid arteries, DSA is also widely used in the evaluation of vascular by-pass grafts, aortic arch anomalies, and aortic contraction. The technique is being replaced by computed tomography angiography (CTA), as CTA is a less invasive test that produces 3D images. Recently developed three-dimensional DSA has proven to be upgraded in the detection and delineation of intracranial aneurysms, with lower radiation dose, less contrast use, and shorter procedural time as compared to two dimensional DSA.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Digital Subtraction Angiography Market
- The digital subtraction angiography market is estimated to expand at a healthy pace in the near future primarily due to technological advancements and launch of new products in the market space. Moreover, rising interest of people for precise and accurate diagnosis is another factor that is expected to boost the digital subtraction angiography market. Rise in geriatric population is a prominent factor boosting the risk associated with vascular disorders. It has been estimated that currently, the number of people aged over 60 years have doubled as compared to that in early 1980s. This number is further expected to quadruple by 2050. Hence, accelerated growth in geriatric population is expected to be a major driver of the market.
- Furthermore, a rise in incidence of cardiovascular diseases (atrial fibrillation) has led to corresponding increase in the number of patients suffering from stroke. For instance, according to the Asia Pacific Stroke Conference (APSC) held in Japan in 2012, nearly 8 million people were diagnosed with atrial fibrillation (abnormal heart rhythm) in China. As per the American College of Cardiology, about 90% of stroke risk is due to modifiable risk factors; 74% is due to behavioral risk factors. In 2019, approximately 5.3 million people in U.S. have atrial fibrillation. This high number of patients suffering from cardiovascular disorders is likely to fuel the demand for DSA.
- Technological advancements, novel gadolinium contrast medium based, rising number of the launch of new products with lower iodine dose contrast medium, and advanced noise reduction imagining technology-based DSA products are major driving the subtraction angiography market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Digital Subtraction Angiography Market
In terms of region, the global digital subtraction angiography market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America accounted for a notable share of the global market followed by Europe. The market in these regions is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace due to market saturation and would only be driven due to replacement of old systems by new systems. On the contrary, the market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a considerable growth rate during the forecast period due to increasing number of patients with cardiovascular disorders and aging population in the region. The market in countries in Asia Pacific, such as China and India, is expected to expand significantly due to an increase in disposable income and presence of large population base in these countries. Moreover, an increase in investment in healthcare infrastructure and many manufacturers entering in the market is further boosting the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Digital Subtraction Angiography Market
The major players operating in the global digital subtraction angiography market are:
- GE Healthcare
- Siemens AG
- Phillips Healthcare
- Toshiba Corporation
- Medtronic, Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Abbott Vascular
- St Jude Medical
- Shimazdu Corporation
- Cordis Corporation
- DMS Group
- Eigen LLC
Global Digital Subtraction Angiography Market: Research Scope
Global Digital Subtraction Angiography Market, by Procedure
- Intra-Arterial Digital Subtraction Angiography
- Intravenous Digital Subtraction Angiography
Global Digital Subtraction Angiography Market, by Indication
- Carotid Artery Disorders
- Thoracic Vascular Disorders
- Abdominal Aorta Disorders
- Intracranial Aorta Disorders
- Pulmonary Aorta Disorders
- Peripheral Aorta Disorders
- Renal Aorta Disorders
- Extracranial Carotid Occlusive Disorders
Global Digital Subtraction Angiography Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic centers
- Academic research laboratories
Global Digital Subtraction Angiography Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.