Angiography is a procedure of diagnostic imaging to detect abnormalities of blood vessels. The X-ray image obtained by the angiography procedure is called as angiogram. In angiography, a special dye, also known as contrast medium, is injected in the body through a thin tube of plastic known as catheter. The dye makes the blood flowing through the blood vessels visible in the X-ray image. The procedure thus detects the abnormalities of blood vessels such as blockage, narrowing, inflammation, and bleeding inside the blood vessels. Angiography assists in angioplasty procedure, wherein a stent is inserted inside an artery when the narrowing of the artery is detected in the angiogram. Angiography is generally conducted by a radiologist or a trained medical professional who operates the X-ray machine. This procedure helps to diagnose disorders which are related to blood vessels and determine the treatment of these disorders.
Increasing prevalence of coronary heart diseases, and favorable reimbursement policies for the treatment of heart disorders are the major factors driving the growth of the angiography market during the forecast period. However, high cost of the procedure and fluctuating scenario regarding the upgradation of angiography devices are expected to restrict the growth of the market during the forecast period.
The global angiography market can be segmented on the basis of procedure type, application, product, end-user, and region. Based on the procedure type, the market is segmented into coronary angiography, cerebral angiography, renal angiography, pulmonary angiography, and others. The coronary angiography segment held a significant market share in 2016 owing to increasing awareness about congestive heart failure and rising demand for precise diagnostic imaging techniques for better diagnosis of the disease conditions. This segment is anticipated to continue to dominate the angiography market during the forecast period due to the introduction of advanced diagnostic techniques by key players operating in the global market. In terms of application, the market is segmented into congestive heart failure, coronary artery disorders, kidney disorders, and others. The coronary artery disorders segment accounted for a high market share in 2016 owing to favorable reimbursement policies by various private and public players and rising global geriatric population. Increase in public funding to improve the health care infrastructure in developing countries and rise in the prevalence of cardiovascular disorders worldwide are projected to drive the growth of coronary artery disorders and kidney disorders segments during the forecast period.
On the basis of product, the market is divided into angiography systems, catheters, incision closure devices, balloons, contrast media, and other accessories. The angiography systems segment captured a high market share in 2016 owing to its high cost. The segment is expected to continue to dominate the market during the forecast period due to increase in per capita expenditure of the population and launch of new products in the medical diagnostic field. Based on the end-user, the market is divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, clinics, and others. The hospitals segment held a significant market share in 2016 and is expected to continue to dominate the market during the forecast period owing to availability of trained and well-qualified health care professionals and technological advancements in diagnostic techniques.
Geographically, the market is distributed over North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global market in 2016 due to rising adoption rate of modern and novel medical imaging techniques. However, Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period due to rising geriatric population and government participation for the improvement of the health care sector in India and Japan. Rising demand for efficient medical diagnostic techniques and increasing prevalence of coronary heart diseases are expected to propel the market growth in North America by 2025.
Prominent players operating in the global angiography market include GE Healthcare, St. Jude Medical, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Shimadzu Corporation, Bayer Ag, Allengers, OSCOR Inc., Degania Silicone Ltd., and CathRx Ltd. among others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.