Dicing Tapes Market
Dicing Tapes Market (Product: UV Curable Dicing Type, Non-UV Curable Dicing Type; Backing Material: Polyvinyl Chloride, PET, Polyolefin, Others (EVA, etc.); Thickness: Below 85 Microns, 85-125 Microns, 126-150 Microns, Above 150 Microns; Coating: Single-sided, Double-sided; Application: Wafer Dicing, Package Dicing, Others [Glass, Ceramics]) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Rising Preference for Single-sided Products to Contribute to Dicing Tapes Market Growth
Dicing tape, a type of backing tape, is being extensively used during the production of electrical and electronic products. Its popularity, particularity in semiconductors, is due to its biggest benefit of easy removal of chips from wafers after the dicing process. It is seen as a crucial requirement for the full-cut dicing of wafers, as it enhances the quality of the die itself. Dicing tape has found application for the dicing of wafers, packaging, glass, and ceramics, among others, positively impacting the growth of the global dicing tapes market.
Consumer preference for single-sided dicing tape, particularly for use in semiconductors, has led to this segment occupying a lion’s share in the global dicing tapes market space. The segment accounted for ~87% of the total dicing tapes market share, amounting to ~US$ 790 Mn in 2018, and expected to hit the ~US$ 1.3 Bn mark by the end of the forecast period (2019-2027).
Reducing Thickness of Electronic Components to Boost Growth of Market
The growing demand for aesthetically thin electronics has resulted in thinner and more delicate components, the processing of which requires dicing tape. Wafer component processing companies are increasingly inclining towards materials that have not just high additive and impact strength, but also curability that reduces when exposed to UV light. Manufacturers in the market are looking to cater to these specific demands of end users, and are focusing on product innovation to include films that are flexible and expandable as well.
Stakeholders in the market, also mindful of the growing concerns of the negative impact of single-use plastic, are focusing on the research & development of products that use PET, which has less of an impact on the environment, for backing material. PET is gaining popularity, and the segment is expected expand by a volume CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period, despite PO accounting for around two-third of the total dicing tapes market share by volume.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Dicing Tapes Market
APAC to Remain a Popular Dicing Tapes Market
In 2018, Asia Pacific accounted for over half of the global dicing tapes market, making it the most significant region in the global landscape. This region is expected to hold its place at the top of the table, with a value expected to swell and hit the ~US$ 900 Mn market by the end of the forecast period. This can be attributed in part to the sheer number of electrical and electronic manufacturers in the region, which is responsible for the increase in demand from the region, coupled with the presence of dicing tape manufacturers as well.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
However, the market in the Middle East and Africa, which accounted for a small share of the global dicing tapes market in 2018, only accounted for ~US$ 46 Mn, but is expected to expand the fastest at a CAGR of ~6%. This growth can be attributed to the rising demand for semiconductors in the region, along with the growing preference for the miniaturization of electronic devices, a growing trend in the region.
Dicing Tapes Market: Competition Analysis
The global dicing tapes market is considered to be fairly fragmented, with the top eight players - Nitto Denko Corporation, Lintec Corporation, Sumitomo Bakelite Co. Ltd., Denka Company Limited, Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd., 3M Company, Mitsui Chemicals, and Hitachi Chemical Company, Ltd. - accounting for ~30% of the total share of the landscape. Players in this market are increasingly using strategic manoeuvres such as expansion into developing markets and regions to consolidate their stand in the global landscape. For instance, in 2018, Mitsui Chemicals Inc. opened a polyurethane system house in India, to cater to the needs of local manufacturers.
Players are also increasingly focusing on geographical expansion, which could shape the further evolution of the global dicing tapes market. For instance, in 2018, Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd. established a research center in North America, and an aluminum wire production facility in Vietnam.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Dicing Tapes Market ”
Analysts’ POV of Dicing Tapes Market
According to analysts at Transparency Market Research, the global dicing tapes market is set to expand at a moderate rate over the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the growing demand for electrical and electronic products in the market. Manufacturers in the dicing tapes market, focusing on flexible and stretchable tapes to cater to these end users, are likely to witness gains in the foreseeable future.
Markets in APAC and MEA are set to offer lucrative opportunities, due to the presence of several producers of semiconductors in these regions, and manufacturers of dicing tapes focusing on catering to the needs of these markets, and making inroads into these regions, will maximize their gains over the forecast period.
Dicing Tapes Market: Key Insights
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the dicing tapes market for the historical period of 2014-2018 and forecast period of 2019-2027, the market is expected to be driven by a surge in the manufacturing of semiconductors, worldwide.
- Globally, the dicing tapes market was valued at ~US$ 875 Mn in 2018, and is projected to clock a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period.
- The global dicing tapes market is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 1.5 Bn by the year 2027.
Increased Demand for Consumer Durable Electronics Goods to Fillip Market Growth
- Dicing tape is used in a wide range of applications, such as dicing for wafers, package substrates, glasses, and ceramics. These are increasingly gaining preference among semiconductor manufacturers due to easy removal of chips from wafers after the dicing process.
- Dicing tape manufacturers offer UV and non-UV tapes. UV dicing tape consists of a static layer, which eliminates negative charges and protect the wafers from damage, thereby, creating high demand over their counterparts. UV curable dicing tape has higher adhesive strength as compared to non-UV curable tape. Also, there are no contaminants being transferred to the wafer surface while using UV curable dicing tape.
Polyolefin to Register Double-digit Growth as Demand for Dicing Tapes Soars
- Polyvinyl chloride is the most common carrier in dicing tapes, which is now gradually being replaced by polyolefin and PET. This is due to its lower impact on the environment. Despite the high prices of PO and PET, wafer fabricators prefer PO- and PET-based dicing tapes over PVC-based tapes. This is to ensure the adherence to environmental regulations in integrated circuits (ICs) manufacturing. Additionally, PO and PET are easily recyclable as compared to PVC.
- PO-based dicing tape exhibits higher adhesive strength and expandability as compared to other materials. As a result, the demand for PO-based dicing tape is expected to be high by the end of 2020, in the global dicing tapes market space.
Asia Pacific - Prominent Region in Dicing Tapes Market
- Asia Pacific witnesses a revolutionary development in manufacturing electronic devices. China has emerged as a prominent market for dicing tape due to the increased production of consumer durable electronic goods (CDEG), thereby accounting for more than half of the total Asia Pacific market share in 2018. Moreover, growing manufacturing value added in China, which is around four trillion according to the World Bank, further drives the dicing tapes market in the long run.
- The emergence of new technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT) and wearable technology, and immense increase in the scale of low-cost device usage, are expected to boost the demand for semiconductors in various consumer durables. This, in turn, is expected to fuel the growth of the dicing tapes market during the forecast period. Therefore, an increase in the demand for consumer durables, along with the availability of raw materials at lower prices, are key factors behind the surge in the demand for dicing tape in Asia Pacific.
Strengthening Supply Chain - Key Focus Areas of Players in Asia Pacific
- Japan-based companies have their adhesive units, which cut operational costs marginally during the production of UV tapes. Dicing tape manufacturers are focusing on strengthening the value chain by amalgamating with established suppliers.
- Most of the regional players in the dicing tape market are following the path of strategic acquisitions of niche players, while big players are concentrating on developing high-quality UV tape by adhering to regulations in various countries.
Global Dicing Tapes Market - Key Research Findings
- China is a popular destination for unorganized players in the dicing tapes market. These players are expected to account for significant market share in the future, as new policies formulated by the government of China in 2014 focus on creating new market opportunities for semiconductor manufacturers in the region. This creates enormous opportunities for the dicing tapes market in China.
- The wafer dicing segment is anticipated to remain on top during the forecast period, as the demand for silicon wafers is increasing. However, package substrates are expected to gain ground in the coming years, due to the high manufacturing of QFNs, PCBs, and other products.
Global Dicing Tapes Market - Competition Landscape
- Illustrated company profiles of key players in the dicing tapes market are incorporated in the report to analyze their product offerings, recent developments, financials, and strategies adopted to sustain in the dicing tapes market.
- Some of the key players operating in the global dicing tapes market are
- Sumitomo Bakelite Co. Ltd.
- Daest Coating India Pvt. Ltd.
- AI Technology, Inc.
- Denka Company Limited
- Ultron Systems, Inc.
- Pantech Tape Co. Ltd.
- Nitto Denko Corp
- QES GROUP BERHAD
- Nippon Pulse Motor Taiwan
- LINTEC Corporation
- Mitsui Chemicals Inc.
- Loadpoint Limited.
- Shenzhen Xinst Technology Co. Ltd.
- Solar Plus Company.
Global Dicing Tapes Market - Key Developments
- In 2018, 3M invested US$ 1.8 billion in research & development to improve its product offerings. The company has 8,300 researchers and research centers in 36 countries across the world.
- In 2018, Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd. established a research center in the Silicon Valley in the U.S.
Dicing Tapes Market - Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global dicing tapes market, providing forecasts for the period of 2019-2027. In the study, growth opportunity for the dicing tapes market are witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning decisions for the future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the dicing tapes market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting the growth of the market are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Dicing Tapes Market Report
- What will be the market size for dicing tapes by the end of 2027?
- Which product type is expected to be most preferred for dicing tapes? What was its market size in 2018?
- Which is the most preferred thickness for dicing tapes in the global market?
- Which region will remain the most lucrative for the growth of the dicing tapes market?
- Who are the major customers of dicing tapes?
Key indicators associated with the dicing tapes market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics, such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global dicing tapes market. A comprehensive study on the supply chain, which includes raw material suppliers, packaging convertors, and end users has been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the dicing tapes market report include the pricing strategies of leading market players, and comparative analysis of raw materials. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the dicing tapes market have been covered in the report to understand the future prospects of the market.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The dicing tapes market is analyzed at both, regional and country levels.
The report delivers exhaustive assessment on the structure of the dicing tapes market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis has also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of the profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of dicing tape manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights the key end users for dicing tapes.
Key companies profiled in the dicing tapes market report include Nitto Denko Corp., Mitsui Chemicals Inc., Sumitomo Bakelite Co. Ltd., AI Technology, Inc. LINTEC Corporation, Denka Company Limited, Ultron Systems, Inc., Pantech Tape Co. Ltd., QES GROUP BERHAD, Nippon Pulse Motor Taiwan, Loadpoint Limited., Daest Coating India Pvt. Ltd., Shenzhen Xinst Technology Co. Ltd., and Solar Plus Company.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the dicing tapes market report for the study evaluation period. TMR’s report comprises detailed information on the growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches has been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the dicing tapes market. The report has further gone through cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the dicing tapes market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Dicing Tapes Market: Segmentation
The global dicing tapes market has been bifurcated on the basis of product, thickness, backing material, coating, application, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with a holistic view of the industry.