Diabetes Supplements Market: Introduction
- Diabetes, also known diabetes mellitus, is a metabolic disease resulting in high blood sugar. The hormone known as insulin is responsible for the movement of sugar from the blood into the cells, which is stored and used for providing energy to the body.
- In case of diabetes, body is either unable to produce enough insulin or cannot effectively utilize insulin produced
- Two main types of diabetes are type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. In case of type 1 diabetes, the immune system attacks and destroys insulin producing cells in the pancreas while in type 2 diabetes patients the body becomes resistant to insulin.
- Dietary supplements are ingredients that are intended to enhance the diet of a person and contain vitamins, minerals, herbs, amino acids, metabolites, and other substances. These supplements are used for lowering blood glucose, improving cholesterol, lowering blood pressure, neuropathy, insulin resistance, and other complications in diabetic patients.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Diabetes Supplements Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Diabetes Supplements Market
- Increase in prevalence of diabetes across the globe, large number of companies offering a wide range of diabetes supplements, new product launch, and rise in adoption of nutritional supplement products for diabetes management are various factors expected to drive the global diabetes supplements market
- According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), in 2015, 415 million people worldwide were living with diabetes and it is projected that more than 10% of the world’s adult population or around 642 million people are likely to have diabetes by 2040
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), nearly 82.7 million people were identified as diabetic in 2000 in Asia Pacific and this number is expected to increase by 130% to reach 190.5 million by 2030
- In November 2019, Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd launched Celevida, a diabetic-friendly drink, in India. The company expanded its presence in nutrition segment of the market with this launch.
Vitamins Segment to Account for Major Share of Market
- Based on type, the global diabetes supplements market can be classified into vitamins, minerals, herbs, proteins, dietary fibers, omega 3 fatty acids, and others
- The vitamins segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period, owing to launch of scientifically formulated vitamin supplements by prominent players in the market and increase in awareness about vitamin-based diabetes supplements among the patients
Type 2 Diabetes Segment to Offer Significant Opportunities
- In terms of disease type, the global diabetes supplements market can be segmented into type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes
- The type 2 diabetes segment is expected to gain significant share of share the global diabetes supplements market by 2027. High prevalence of type 2 diabetes among adults is projected to drive the segment. According to the National Health Interview Survey, 2016 and 2017, in the U.S., type 2 diabetes was common among older men, adults and people with lower family income level, lower educational level, and higher body mass index (BMI). Also, national prevalence of the disease was 0.5% for type 1 diabetes and 8.5% for type 2 diabetes in the country in the same period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Diabetes Supplements Market Report
North America to Dominate Global Diabetes Supplements Market
- In terms of region, the global diabetes supplements market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global diabetes supplements market during the forecast period.
- Recent product launch in the U.S., high adoption of dietary supplement among adults & the geriatric population, and increase in awareness about health lifestyle among diabetes patients are various factors projected to drive the market in North America
- In May 2015, Glucose Health, Inc. launched Glucose Health Natural Blood Sugar Maintenance, an innovative new dietary supplement for patients with type 2 diabetes
Key Players Operating in Global Diabetes Supplements Market
The global diabetes supplements market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for a major market share. Key players operating in the global diabetes supplements market are:
- Novo Nordisk
- Nestlé Health Science
- Danone Nutricia
- Nature's Sunshine Forms
- NBTY, Inc.
- Glucose Health, Inc.
- Bionova Lifesciences
- Caelus Health
- Arkopharma Laboratories
Global Diabetes Supplements Market: Research Scope
Global Diabetes Supplements Market, by Type
- Dietary Fibers
- Omega 3 Fatty acids
Global Diabetes Supplements Market, by Dosage Form
- Soft Gels
Global Diabetes Supplements Market, by Disease Type
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
Global Diabetes Supplements Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies/E-commerce Platforms
Global Diabetes Supplements Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis