Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market: Introduction
- Depth of anesthesia can be defined as the degree to which the central nervous system (CNS) is depressed by the administration of general anesthetic agent, based on the potency of the anesthetic agent and its concentration. Depth of anesthesia refers to a continuum of progressive depression of CNS and reduced responsiveness to stimulation.
- Measuring the depth of anesthesia is fundamental to the anesthetic practice and is essential for maintaining a balance between restricting the movement to pain and for maintaining adequate respiration
- Various methods are employed for measuring the depth of anesthesia based on conventional or clinical monitoring and brain’s electrical activity monitoring. Clinical techniques employed for the measurement include checking the responsiveness to commands as well as checking the movements, perspiration, and pupillary responses.
- Other methods of clinical measurements include checking for clinical signs, skin conductance, isolated forearm technique, spontaneous surface electromyogram, lower esophageal contractility, and heart rate variability. Devices employed for measuring brain’s electrical activity include electroencephalogram (EEG) activity monitors, and evoked brain electrical activity monitors.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market
- The strong growth of the market can be attributed to increase in global population and rise in number of surgeries. According to Eurostat, over 1.4 million caesarean sections were performed in Europe in 2017. Cataract surgery was the most common type of surgery performed in Europe, followed by colonoscopy.
- Increase in focus of market players on offering bundled services which include multiparameter modules with inbuilt software that aid in measuring a wide range of parameters is likely to create the demand for depth of anesthesia monitors, thereby contributing to the growth of the market
- However, high cost of devices and high maintenance and installation costs associated with the depth of anesthesia monitors are likely to hinder the growth of the market
North America to Lead Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global depth of anesthesia monitoring devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global depth of anesthesia monitoring devices market in 2018, owing to strong presence of leading market players, increase in product approvals, well-established health care infrastructure, and high prevalence of accidents leading to rise in number of surgeries
- Europe was the second largest market for depth of anesthesia monitoring devices in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for depth of anesthesia monitoring devices, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Growing focus of the governments in countries in Asia on enhancing health care facilities, increasing focus of market players on leveraging growth opportunities offered by emerging markets, and rising medical tourism for various surgical procedures are expected to contribute to the growth of the depth of anesthesia monitoring devices market in the region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market
Leading players in the global depth of anesthesia monitoring devices market are:
- Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd.
- GE Healthcare
- Mennen Medical Ltd.
- Masimo Corporation
- Philips Healthcare
- Quantium Medical S.L.U.
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Spacelabs Healthcare
Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market, by Product
- Standalone Devices
- Bundled Devices
Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market, by Application
- Surgical Use
- ICU Monitoring
Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.