Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market: Introduction
- Depth of anesthesia can be defined as the degree to which the central nervous system (CNS) is depressed by the administration of general anesthetic agent, based on the potency of the anesthetic agent and its concentration. Depth of anesthesia refers to a continuum of progressive depression of CNS and reduced responsiveness to stimulation.
- Measuring the depth of anesthesia is fundamental to the anesthetic practice and is essential for maintaining a balance between restricting the movement to pain and for maintaining adequate respiration
- Various methods are employed for measuring the depth of anesthesia based on conventional or clinical monitoring and brain’s electrical activity monitoring. Clinical techniques employed for the measurement include checking the responsiveness to commands as well as checking the movements, perspiration, and pupillary responses.
- Other methods of clinical measurements include checking for clinical signs, skin conductance, isolated forearm technique, spontaneous surface electromyogram, lower esophageal contractility, and heart rate variability. Devices employed for measuring brain’s electrical activity include electroencephalogram (EEG) activity monitors, and evoked brain electrical activity monitors.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market
- The strong growth of the market can be attributed to increase in global population and rise in number of surgeries. According to Eurostat, over 1.4 million caesarean sections were performed in Europe in 2017. Cataract surgery was the most common type of surgery performed in Europe, followed by colonoscopy.
- Increase in focus of market players on offering bundled services which include multiparameter modules with inbuilt software that aid in measuring a wide range of parameters is likely to create the demand for depth of anesthesia monitors, thereby contributing to the growth of the market
- However, high cost of devices and high maintenance and installation costs associated with the depth of anesthesia monitors are likely to hinder the growth of the market
North America to Lead Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global depth of anesthesia monitoring devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global depth of anesthesia monitoring devices market in 2018, owing to strong presence of leading market players, increase in product approvals, well-established health care infrastructure, and high prevalence of accidents leading to rise in number of surgeries
- Europe was the second largest market for depth of anesthesia monitoring devices in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for depth of anesthesia monitoring devices, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Growing focus of the governments in countries in Asia on enhancing health care facilities, increasing focus of market players on leveraging growth opportunities offered by emerging markets, and rising medical tourism for various surgical procedures are expected to contribute to the growth of the depth of anesthesia monitoring devices market in the region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market
Leading players in the global depth of anesthesia monitoring devices market are:
- Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd.
- GE Healthcare
- Mennen Medical Ltd.
- Masimo Corporation
- Philips Healthcare
- Quantium Medical S.L.U.
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Spacelabs Healthcare
Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market, by Product
- Standalone Devices
- Bundled Devices
Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market, by Application
- Surgical Use
- ICU Monitoring
Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Depth of Anesthesia Monitoring Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.