Dental Composites Market: Overview
- Dental composites are types of synthetic resins used in dentistry as a restorative material or adhesives. Dental composites have certain properties which benefit patients according to the cavity. Also, composite fillings can be used to repair chipped, broken, or worn teeth.
- The micro-mechanical retention property makes dental composite more effective for filling small cavities where amalgam fillings are not effective
- Dental composite typically consists of a resin-based oligomer matrix, such as a bisphenol A-glycidyl methacrylate (BISGMA), urethane dimethacrylate (UDMA), or semi-crystalline polyceram (PEX), and an inorganic filler such as silicon dioxide (silica)
- The global dental composites market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The growth of this market is expected to be driven by increase in prevalence of dental problems, rise in prescription rate for dental problems using dental composite by physicians, low price of resins, and increase in awareness about complications of dental problems.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Dental Composites Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Dental Composites Market
- The global dental composites market is expected to be driven by rise in dental problems among young population, increase in use of dental composites during dental surgeries, and growing awareness about dental problems
- According to the World Health Organization, complete dental loss affects approximately 30% of geriatric population of age group between 65-74 years. Prevalence rates are increasing in low and middle income countries.
- According to the World Health Organization, nearly 60% to 90% of school children and nearly 100% of adults have dental cavities
- Favorable reimbursement policies such as coverage of Medicaid insurance for dental loss treatment and emergence of new technologies for teeth protection such as resin-based composites are expected to propel the global dental composites market
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Dental Composites Market
- North America is projected to account for prominent share of the market during the forecast period. Increase in dental services and cosmetic surgery and technological advancements in the U.S are expected to drive the market in the region.
- According to the Dental health services, in 2015, the total expenditure on dental services in Canada was amounted to US$ 13.6 Bn. Private sector expenditure was estimated to be US$ 12.7 Bn while public sector expenditure was estimated to be US$ 846 Mn. In April 2017, Unilever launched an in-clinic re-mineralization regime to regenerate professionally advanced enamel serum.
- Favorable reimbursement policies, expansion in number of dental laboratories, increase in prevalence of dental cavities & periodontics, and rise in funding provided by governments are anticipated to propel the segment during the forecast period
- Increase in number of visits of patients with dental cavities and focus of new players to enter into partnerships with laboratories is anticipated to fuel the market growth in the U.S.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Dental Composites Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global dental composites market are:
- Danaher corporation
- Dentsply Sirona Inc.
- Shofu Dental Corporation
- Ellman International, Inc.
- Denmat Holdings LLC
Global Dental Composites Market: Research Scope
Global Dental Composites Market, by Composite Filler
- Macrofilled Filler
- Microfilled Filler
- Hybrid Filler
- Nanofilled Filler
- Bulk Filler
Global Dental Composites Market, by Application
- Filling Cavity
- Filling Gaps
- Minor Reshaping of Teeth
- Partial Crowns on Single Teeth
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.